• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bottled Water Disaster

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
, i bought one of those water purifying system connected straight to the tap, which provide alkaline pure drinking water and able to detoxify the body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_water

I'm looking for a new one to replace an older model. Looking at the Jupiter line
http://www.kemptrading.com/

I use a water ionizer for the health benefits. However they are not cheap, prices start at $1600+ but with more "foreign" bodies being found in Spores water, some might see it as an investment:smile:

FYI Best Denki carries a cheaper model $1300+ because they have fewer ionising plates. The more expensive Novita models are I think overpriced:smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm looking for a new one to replace an older model. Looking at the Jupiter line
http://www.kemptrading.com/

I use a water ionizer for the health benefits. However they are not cheap, prices start at $1600+ but with more "foreign" bodies being found in Spores water, some might see it as an investment:smile:

FYI Best Denki carries a cheaper model $1300+ because they have fewer ionising plates. The more expensive Novita models are I think overpriced:smile:

A friend of mine sells them at $1500.00 but have not seen them. I will ask for his brochure and will post it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a tip. Don't boil water. Not only is the PUB water safe but it helps build necessary immunity and resistance within the body system. If you know the concept of immunisation that begins in childhood you would understand this important principle. The vaccines don't come from soap and detergent companies. They are cultured germs introduced into the body to build resistance against the very same germs.

When I first began travelling in the course of my work, the colleagues who will fall sick are invaribly the hot water drinkers. Always catching cold and sniffles. Among friends and extended relatives, the ones who fall ill often are our cautious types. Must have sweater in aircon office, drink warm water etc etc etc.

Unless you are born with an allergy kids must begin to build resistance. Every heard of a sportman or fit young chap being fuzyy about food. The most fragile person will be ultra cautious and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Triangle Number Under Your Water Bottle
Are you guys aware that the triangle number under your water bottle actually means something? It tells us what type of material the plastic bottle was made of. And the recent studies suggested that the most popular hard, clear and durable plastic bottle that we used was made of Polycarbonate and one of the key components of this is the endocrine-disrupting bisphenol-A (BPA). BPA can leach into the liquid and making the water toxic and can cause breast cancer in women or prostate cancer in men and some other illnesses. This bottle has numbered (3), (6) or (7) in the triangle. So, I would advice all my friends and family members to stop using any water bottle that has a number (3,6,7) under the bottle. The most common plastic bottle that we have seen everywhere has a number (7) in the triangle. I just threw away mine, all six of them. I know this bottle looks nice but it can kill also!

I guess the best re-usable water bottle would be one made from stainless steel as they don't leach any chemicals. But it can be expensive. The other is aluminum as it is BPA free and very reasonably priced. Other alternative is to look for water bottles that contained number (2) (high-density polyethylene), (4) (low-density polyethylene) and (5) (polypropylene) if it is plastic made.

If not, just drink from the glass or coffee cup. Use glasses while at home and only use the plastic water bottles with number (2), (4) and (5) in the triangle while going out. Number (1) water plastic bottle is safe to use but it was not meant to be re-used.

For updated information, click here. Looks like water bottle number (1) is safe for one time and repeated use, as long as you wash it with soap and dry it nicely each time after use.

Good info. I just checked some Ikea plastic cups I have, they are no. 5.

Last edited:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glass or stainless steel is not practical. Glass is heavy & breaks while Stainless Steel is very expensive.

I've only seen glass used in Thailand in some of the hotelsl which provides glass bottles of complimentary water.

In indonesia households go to watering stations to re-fill their big water jugs, similar to the ones you find in Spore offices. These huge water jugs are re-usable. However these large jugs would not be practical in Spore because they are large & heavy.

True, stainless steel is expensive, but if you were to resue it multiple times, I think it would be a far more better choice as compared to plastic, no? :smile:

Glass may be heavy, but compared with plastic which is non-biodegradable, I would prefer them to be used instead. Besides, after buying them from the supermarkets and bringing them home for consumption, there isn't really much need to carry them around, is there? :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, stainless steel is expensive, but if you were to resue it multiple times, I think it would be a far more better choice as compared to plastic, no? :smile:

Glass may be heavy, but compared with plastic which is non-biodegradable, I would prefer them to be used instead. Besides, after buying them from the supermarkets and bringing them home for consumption, there isn't really much need to carry them around, is there? :smile:

In my past response I was thinking about LOS & Indonesia, in those countries the scale is larger. Was thinking about household use where households need to store large amounts of potable water:smile: Under those cases glass & stainless steel would be impractical.

Spore is a totally different market. Over here it is more as a convenience than a necessity. I use a a small glass container to store water in the fridge. For stainless steel container there are those small water bottles made by SIG. I use a small hip flask by Nalgene when travelling:

http://store.nalgene.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=31

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that all drinkable water should be boiled first and not straight from the tap, just to play safe.

not anymore with products such as this:

prd-3254-dv-pd.jpg

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Water ionizers can also kill bacteria & filter out chlorine. If the company has a website can post the URL.

Ok I will call him tomorrow to find out. I understand it uses very low energy and he said something about changing filters once every year or 2 years. Anyway I will ask him.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my past response I was thinking about LOS & Indonesia, in those countries the scale is larger. Was thinking about household use where households need to store large amounts of potable water:smile: Under those cases glass & stainless steel would be impractical.

Spore is a totally different market. Over here it is more as a convenience than a necessity. I use a a small glass container to store water in the fridge. For stainless steel container there are those small water bottles made by SIG. I use a small hip flask by Nalgene when travelling:

http://store.nalgene.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=31

I was looking more at ceramic pots which are commonly used in villagers. I understand a Cambodian company are manufacturing these water containers that has silver in it.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that all drinkable water should be boiled first and not straight from the tap, just to play safe.

The danger in bottled water is that plastics leech chemicals harmful to our bodies and when exposed to UV from the sun it decomposes. Many people buy bottled water and place them in sunlight especially those with cars or re-use them instead of throwing them away. Worst, parents are too kiam and let their children have these bottles (PET) in replacement of safe recyclable water bottles (polycarbonate BPA Free).

I am still curious why govt did not legislate to stop drinking bottles that are non BPA free from being put on shelves here.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one I knew of has been around for about a decade or more. It is fixed to the supply pipe under the sink. But it did not take off here due to public perception that drink direct from taps here is safe. And the distributor used direct sales method.

Water ionizers can also kill bacteria & filter out chlorine. If the company has a website can post the URL.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
George has more than that in the message, imo. He is also saying the we are hypocrites and vain, in that we rather use high and noble sounding slogans such as "save the earth" rather than one that is more reflective of the truth that is to save ourselves. But it wouldn't sound righteous or something to that effect.

Gearge Carlin is saying the same things but differently. We are the cause of the problems facing us and eventually kill ourselves, nevermind the planet as it will rejuvenate as it has done for billions of years.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was looking more at ceramic pots which are commonly used in villagers. I understand a Cambodian company are manufacturing these water containers that has silver in it.

Is the silver suppose to have anti-bacterial properties:confused:

In Spore, the water that comes out of the tap should be ok as it has chlorine in it. Even if you filter the chlorine fro the the water it should still be bacterria free if kept in the fridge or consumed soon after.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one I knew of has been around for about a decade or more. It is fixed to the supply pipe under the sink. But it did not take off here due to public perception that drink direct from taps here is safe. And the distributor used direct sales method.

Many of the filtration systems have parts that wear out e.g. Reverse Osmosis membrane that need replacing, Carbon filers that need to be replaced, UV bulb wear out, etc

In a water ionisation system, there is the carbon filter that will last 1 to 2 years, & the ionization plates that should last many years since many system have a self-cleaning function built-in. In my old system the agent is no longer around so it's only the ioniztion function that's working.

FYI: Kemp trading has the Delphi model which is an under counter model. I don't want to pay extra for this feature:smile:

There are some systems being sold using the mlm method, but they are more expensive. Obviously not for me because I' just a consumer:smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Spore, the water that comes out of the tap should be ok as it has chlorine in it. Even if you filter the chlorine fro the the water it should still be bacterria free if kept in the fridge or consumed soon after.

Cprrection, PUB now supplies water that has chloramines in it not chlorine. Chlorine dissipates by the time it reaches our tap. If anyone wants info I can get it.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it is called colloidal silver and yes it has anti-bacterial properties.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George has more than that in the message, imo. He is also saying the we are hypocrites and vain, in that we rather use high and noble sounding slogans such as "save the earth" rather than one that is more reflective of the truth that is to save ourselves. But it wouldn't sound righteous or something to that effect.

Yes, I do believ that was his message. The danger is not to the planet but more towards our own extinction.