• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Boss Sam's Taxi Ride From Sembawang MRT To Pasir Panjang Temple Is 43.3 km and Costs $45! WTF Boss Sam?!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A man paid $45 for a taxi ride that was almost twice as long as it should have been.

Stomper Min Thu
told Stomp that he booked a taxi ride from opposite Sembawang MRT Station to Poh Ern Shih temple in Pasir Panjang on December 30.

Although it was a trip from the north to the south of the island, the Stomper said that the driver made a detour to the west as well.

He said: "What a trip!

"It may take 35 minutes and 28km for all the possible shorter ways.

1672757826631.png

"Finally it took us 10 minutes more for the 43.3km trip because of the extra Kranji Expressway (KJE) and Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) route."

Min Thu elaborated that the driver went by Woodlands Avenue 12, Seletar Expressway (SLE), Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE), KJE, Pan Island Expressway (PIE), AYE, Clementi Road, West Coast Highway and Cwee Chian Road.

When asked if he alerted the driver he was going the long way, he said: "Yes, the moment he turned onto the KJE, we told him nicely not to take us the long way as we have lived here for over 17 years.

"I also told him that I worked at HarbourFront and I take a taxi from home to the office frequently.

"What he replied was to see how fast we can reach as his route is the best of all.

"He also mentioned that we can cut the pay if we think it is too much.

"We told him that we are not worried about money but the time to reach there as the appointment was already set.

"He ignored our suggestion and drove until we reached the junction of PIE and AYE and where we saw the Tuas Checkpoint directional signage.

"My wife and I even told him that this is the western part of Singapore already while we just wanted to go from north to south only.

"We also highlighted that we lived in Clementi when my wife was studying at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and I worked at The Infiniti condominium construction project along the AYE 17 years ago."

Stomp has reached out to ComfortDelGro for comment.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...e-from-sembawang-to-pasir-panjang-what-a-trip

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could have just taken the MRT to Pasir Panjang, then walked from there.

Alternatively, go to where the famous duck rice shop used to be along South Buona Vista Road, enter the nearest side road passing by some private houses, then turn right (south) at the T-junction. The temple is visible when you turn.

Sinkieland is a snot-sized urban shithole, it's very hard to get lost.