• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

y he heart attack.dont call.ambulance but take gojek?

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Gojek driver refuses detour to Ng Teng Fong A&E for man having heart attack, stops him 450m away at preset drop-off point - Mothership.SG
mothership.sg
Untitled-design-5.png
A 52-year-old man suffering a heart attack booked a Gojek ride to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, but the driver refused to send him to the A&E directly, insisting on going to the drop-off point that the man had booked by mistake.
The hospital's A&E is located at Tower B, while the customer had booked his destination on the Gojek app as Tower A, 450 metres, or a two-minute drive away.
Despite his protests, the man was eventually dropped off at Tower A in the early hours of the morning on Sep. 2 (Saturday).
Thankfully, he managed to find his way to the A&E on foot and was able to undergo heart surgery in time.
After the incident, Gojek said they have contacted the customer and driver to resolve the issue, and advised users to call "the relevant authorities" for cases of life-threatening illnesses or emergency.

Booked Gojek after second heart attack

The customer, surnamed Chew, told Mothership that he previously had a heart attack, a year ago.
On Sep. 2, at about 3am, he had a recurrence, experiencing symptoms such as chest pain and breathing difficulties.
After recognising what was happening, Chew booked a Gojek ride from his home in Bukit Panjang to Ng Teng Fong Hospital, at about 4am.
He did not realise that he had booked the wrong location — the hospital's Tower A — until the driver insisted on dropping him off there.

Driver insisted booking was for Tower A

Before reaching the hospital, Chew instructed the driver to send him to the A&E at Tower B.
However, the driver continued towards Tower A, following the GPS navigation instructions.
Chew repeated his request, and indicated that the driver could make a U-turn to get there.
The two then had a heated exchange, where the driver insisted that Chew had set the drop-off point as Tower A, while Chew emphasised that he had a heart attack and needed to get to the A&E.
Chew said he offered to pay the driver in cash to bring him there, but the man did not accept.

Limped over to A&E, transferred to NUH for surgery

Chew claimed that the driver raised his voice and insisted that he get off the car at Tower A.
So Chew got out and limped the rest of the way to Tower B, where he was transferred to NUH by ambulance.
There, he underwent angioplasty and was subsequently given one month of medical leave.
WhatsApp-Image-2023-09-05-at-15.41.51.jpeg
Chew's medical bill for the angioplasty surgery and stay at NUH. Image courtesy of Chew.

Driver should have known better: Chew

Chew noted that Tower A was "totally dark" when he was dropped off, and asserted that the driver should have known better than to stop there.
Chew also questioned why he did not have the empathy to change his route for Chew to get medical assistance.
"With someone in pain like that...how much does it cost you to make that U-turn?" Chew said.
Chew added that he himself used to work as a private-hire driver during the pandemic, for about one and a half to two years.
"I wouldn't treat my customers this way," he emphasised.
Additionally, he said he was "very stressed" while making his way to the A&E on foot, as he did not know if he would survive the journey.

Tipped driver the S$18 fare

Nonetheless, after the operation, Chew tipped him the S$18 fare on the app, thinking he had not paid for the trip yet.
output-onlinetools-1.png
Screenshot of Chew's S$18 tip for the driver on the Gojek app. Image courtesy of Chew.
Despite feeling "great disappointment" towards the driver, Chew stated, "I don't want to owe him anything."
Mothership later understood from Chew that payment had already been made via his linked PayLah account at the end of the trip, so he had essentially double-paid.
However, Chew confirmed on Sep. 6 that Gojek has refunded him for the full trip fare, including the additional S$18 payment that he made on the app.

Gojek statement

In response to Mothership's queries, Gojek said it has been in touch with both the customer and driver to resolve the issue.
"We were very sorry to learn of the customer’s condition and wish them a smooth recovery," the spokesperson added.
Additionally, Gojek's spokesperson provided some comments on the usage of ride-hailing services for emergencies.
"We want all our users to have a safe and positive experience, however in cases of life-threatening illness or emergency, users are strongly advised to call the relevant authorities," the spokesperson concluded.
Top image from Google Street View / courtesy of Chew.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
actually I think singapore scdf ambulance is very expensive. that day at commonwealth road bushop,i saw one old lady fall down and then a guy and a lady went over to help her. the guy then call ambulance. the ambulance came very fast but old woman refused to take. probably too expensive so she don't want to go hospital.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time is critical for a heart attack.
There are good & bad about both calling ambulance and taking gojek.
Putting aside this case of meeting a farkup driver. Let's assume is a good driver.

Calling an ambulance, your call will be attended very quickly by scdf. But the problem is you will be subjected to some q&a. The waiting time for them to load/unload the mobile bed. All these secs and mins are critical .
Upon reaching the hospital you will be attended on 1st priority.

Taking gojek if you can get 1 driver fast, the overall time spent will be shorter than an ambulance if the driver is a good one.
Once you reach the a&e , when you tell the screening medical staff that you are having a heart attack, they will also put you on 1st priority.

So I think is a gamble of whether you get a good driver. Else taking gojek you will be attended at a shorter time frame.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Time is critical for a heart attack.
There are good & bad about both calling ambulance and taking gojek.
Putting aside this case of meeting a farkup driver. Let's assume is a good driver.

Calling an ambulance, your call will be attended very quickly by scdf. But the problem is you will be subjected to some q&a. The waiting time for them to load/unload the mobile bed. All these secs and mins are critical .
Upon reaching the hospital you will be attended on 1st priority.

Taking gojek if you can get 1 driver fast, the overall time spent will be shorter than an ambulance if the driver is a good one.
Once you reach the a&e , when you tell the screening medical staff that you are having a heart attack, they will also put you on 1st priority.

So I think is a gamble of whether you get a good driver. Else taking gojek you will be attended at a shorter time frame.
but what if condition deteriorate badly in gojek car? at least in ambulance they got proper medic and emergency equipment to help

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
but what if condition deteriorate badly in gojek car? at least in ambulance they got proper medic and emergency equipment to help
My thought is that it also depends on the patient condition. In this case he could even quarrel with the gojek driver.
Also in the event when condition deteriorates I guess those emergency equipment also cannot help much.
Overall I tnink is a gamble for taking gojek or ambulance. In his case I think he suffered some heart attack symptoms but he can still walk and talk so he would want to reach hospital ASAP for proper medical emergency care. Calling ambulance will have a longer lead time.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thought is that it also depends on the patient condition. In this case he could even quarrel with the gojek driver.
Also in the event when condition deteriorates I guess those emergency equipment also cannot p much.
Overall I tnink is a gamble for taking gojek or ambulance. In his case I think he suffered some heart attack symptoms but he can still walk and talk so he would want to reach hospital ASAP for proper medical emergency care. Calling ambulance will have a longer lead time.

Be warn that if you are fated to die on that day, you might get a traffic jam which prevents you from getting to the hospital.
Whereas ambulance will be the safer bet for this low probability scenario.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gojek driver refuses detour to Ng Teng Fong A&E for man having heart attack, stops him 450m away at preset drop-off point - Mothership.SG
mothership.sg
Untitled-design-5.png
A 52-year-old man suffering a heart attack booked a Gojek ride to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, but the driver refused to send him to the A&E directly, insisting on going to the drop-off point that the man had booked by mistake.
The hospital's A&E is located at Tower B, while the customer had booked his destination on the Gojek app as Tower A, 450 metres, or a two-minute drive away.
Despite his protests, the man was eventually dropped off at Tower A in the early hours of the morning on Sep. 2 (Saturday).
Thankfully, he managed to find his way to the A&E on foot and was able to undergo heart surgery in time.
After the incident, Gojek said they have contacted the customer and driver to resolve the issue, and advised users to call "the relevant authorities" for cases of life-threatening illnesses or emergency.

Booked Gojek after second heart attack

The customer, surnamed Chew, told Mothership that he previously had a heart attack, a year ago.
On Sep. 2, at about 3am, he had a recurrence, experiencing symptoms such as chest pain and breathing difficulties.
After recognising what was happening, Chew booked a Gojek ride from his home in Bukit Panjang to Ng Teng Fong Hospital, at about 4am.
He did not realise that he had booked the wrong location — the hospital's Tower A — until the driver insisted on dropping him off there.

Driver insisted booking was for Tower A

Before reaching the hospital, Chew instructed the driver to send him to the A&E at Tower B.
However, the driver continued towards Tower A, following the GPS navigation instructions.
Chew repeated his request, and indicated that the driver could make a U-turn to get there.
The two then had a heated exchange, where the driver insisted that Chew had set the drop-off point as Tower A, while Chew emphasised that he had a heart attack and needed to get to the A&E.
Chew said he offered to pay the driver in cash to bring him there, but the man did not accept.

Limped over to A&E, transferred to NUH for surgery

Chew claimed that the driver raised his voice and insisted that he get off the car at Tower A.
So Chew got out and limped the rest of the way to Tower B, where he was transferred to NUH by ambulance.
There, he underwent angioplasty and was subsequently given one month of medical leave.
WhatsApp-Image-2023-09-05-at-15.41.51.jpeg
Chew's medical bill for the angioplasty surgery and stay at NUH. Image courtesy of Chew.

Driver should have known better: Chew

Chew noted that Tower A was "totally dark" when he was dropped off, and asserted that the driver should have known better than to stop there.
Chew also questioned why he did not have the empathy to change his route for Chew to get medical assistance.
"With someone in pain like that...how much does it cost you to make that U-turn?" Chew said.
Chew added that he himself used to work as a private-hire driver during the pandemic, for about one and a half to two years.
"I wouldn't treat my customers this way," he emphasised.
Additionally, he said he was "very stressed" while making his way to the A&E on foot, as he did not know if he would survive the journey.

Tipped driver the S$18 fare

Nonetheless, after the operation, Chew tipped him the S$18 fare on the app, thinking he had not paid for the trip yet.
output-onlinetools-1.png
Screenshot of Chew's S$18 tip for the driver on the Gojek app. Image courtesy of Chew.
Despite feeling "great disappointment" towards the driver, Chew stated, "I don't want to owe him anything."
Mothership later understood from Chew that payment had already been made via his linked PayLah account at the end of the trip, so he had essentially double-paid.
However, Chew confirmed on Sep. 6 that Gojek has refunded him for the full trip fare, including the additional S$18 payment that he made on the app.

Gojek statement

In response to Mothership's queries, Gojek said it has been in touch with both the customer and driver to resolve the issue.
"We were very sorry to learn of the customer’s condition and wish them a smooth recovery," the spokesperson added.
Additionally, Gojek's spokesperson provided some comments on the usage of ride-hailing services for emergencies.
"We want all our users to have a safe and positive experience, however in cases of life-threatening illness or emergency, users are strongly advised to call the relevant authorities," the spokesperson concluded.
Top image from Google Street View / courtesy of Chew.
Ambukence per call ish $200+++

GoJek ish $30-40max

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I oso dun understand
Life wanna end liao still call PHV instead of 995
Still got power to argue

Wat If he mati if driver was making a detour how?