• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Books that changed your life

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going [Lee Kuan Yew] .
What's yours?

No trolling thank you.

HardTruths1401.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What's yours?

Mine was a stash of Penthouse, Hustler and Playboy magazines. Complete with a couple of decks of playing cards filled with naked woman and man in engaging in raw sex with every possible positions. Was truly an eye opener for any 7-8 year old :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine was a stash of Penthouse, Hustler and Playboy magazines. Complete with a couple of decks of playing cards filled with naked woman and man in engaging in raw sex with every possible positions. Was truly an eye opener for any 7-8 year old :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

were you fainting a lot?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine is Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going [Lee Kuan Yew] .
What's yours?

No trolling thank you.

Your brain must be very narrow-minded...no wonder Singapore is slipping into darkness....for people like you are reading & breathing such books, which is meant for a casual read, to prop up an uneven coffee table & emergency door stop or even emergency bum cleaner when times call for it..

When I was little, It Was " Jennings & Darbyshire" by Anthony Bukeridge then I discovered Tolkien " Lord Of The Rings", older a bit " The Well of loneliness"... " A room with a view"....then a bit older, "Clockwork Orange", " Catch-22", " Future Shock"...A book called the "A New World Order" ( can't remember the author name) & at that time a book, that shook my outlook towards the world around me & deeply understanding the society around me too ( the societies, it should be)... bought a copy of that book from MPH Stamford RD, it had a red hardcover with a a red jacket, for person schooling, it was an expensive buy, but a damn worthy read ( not very long later, it was banned here)....Dr. Mahathir " A Malay Dilemma"
May not agree with him, or like him...but that book, changed my outlook towards the Malays & the societies around here...

LKY books never changed anything in my life anyway....I don't have to read all the craps he wrote...I live, breathe...them.

"A Malay Dilema"...did change my life..became less bigot about the Malays ( not totally eradicated though) but I tend to respect them more... LKY books....only for brainwashing...that is the hard truth!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine is fifty shades of pink by pinky Lee.

A scintillating book about power and domination and alpha sexual projection and copulation acts of the man in pink.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Used to buy them from one mama shop that sells all sorts of stuffs from magazines to Condoms....around 10 years old, discover the joy of Penthouse, Hustler, Playboy....those black & white photos at $10 a dozen ( for a school boy that is a lot of $$$ though) & for a school boy, discovering the joys of sex in all sorts of position & that was when I learn about the lick'um "banana sundae"...with the creamy " Hum Chim Pan"....ha ha ha..t

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your brain must be very narrow-minded...no wonder Singapore is slipping into darkness....for people like you are reading & breathing such books, which is meant for a casual read, to prop up an uneven coffee table & emergency door stop or even emergency bum cleaner when times call for it..

When I was little, It Was " Jennings & Darbyshire" by Anthony Bukeridge then I discovered Tolkien " Lord Of The Rings", older a bit " The Well of loneliness"... " A room with a view"....then a bit older, "Clockwork Orange", " Catch-22", " Future Shock"...A book called the "A New World Order" ( can't remember the author name) & at that time a book, that shook my outlook towards the world around me & deeply understanding the society around me too ( the societies, it should be)... bought a copy of that book from MPH Stamford RD, it had a red hardcover with a a red jacket, for person schooling, it was an expensive buy, but a damn worthy read ( not very long later, it was banned here)....Dr. Mahathir " A Malay Dilemma"
May not agree with him, or like him...but that book, changed my outlook towards the Malays & the societies around here...

LKY books never changed anything in my life anyway....I don't have to read all the craps he wrote...I live, breathe...them.

"A Malay Dilema"...did change my life..became less bigot about the Malays ( not totally eradicated though) but I tend to respect them more... LKY books....only for brainwashing...that is the hard truth!

I didn't know a Malay dilemma was mind changing....thought it was bigotry and made me feel genetically far superior than the Malays.only read bits of it though.but mahatir is a intellectual and pretty good writer.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know a Malay dilemma was mind changing....thought it was bigotry and made me feel genetically far superior than the Malays.only read bits of it though.but mahatir is a intellectual and pretty good writer.

It was certainly mind changing, a hard truth that LKY will never tell you at those times...he was pretty good writer the book was banned then, 3 days after I bought it from MPH Stamford ( it is missing today..someone borrowed it never returned)...wonder if it is still on the ban list in Singapore...