• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bollywood comes of age with OSCAR Sweep.

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
I luv Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Great show.

Disappointed that Cate Blancette did not even get a nomination for this film as she was the one that "carried" Brad Pitt throughout the film.

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAy Lee's country men dont align with him as he does not even stay there , and he does not play to them anymore .
For SM its their local talent who got awards.
KNN then when ANG LEE won best director, did chinese jump up and down bang their chests like gorillas and crow abt it, this is really very shameful behaviour:mad:

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
True i loved the show too , I am hoping to buy the DVD :smile:
I luv Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Great show.

Disappointed that Cate Blancette did not even get a nomination for this film as she was the one that "carried" Brad Pitt throughout the film.

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, but degrading the efforts of Mumbai film industry and their technicians(like in previous entries) who put their skills into making the film, is not the way to go either.
Besides if it was a Indian director yes, it may not have gone to this height , as they still practice (color bar :smile: )
to be honest, its actually a british film. the movie was based on on a book written by an Indian but what made the movie a success was the scriptwriter Simon Beaufoy's skill translating this into the narrative. I just don't think the movie would enjoy the same level of success had it been led by an indian producer, director, casting director etc. eg the casting director turned down hunk after hunk for the lead role. If its Bollywood, its clear who the lead role will go to.

Jurassic Park is not a movie made by dinosaurs just because it features dinosaurs.

ps as a music lover i admit a r rahman never disappoints producing lovely sounds that transcends cultures.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry about Lee. Your only hope is for M Night to step up.

<object width="352" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjWd9a8Ck8U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjWd9a8Ck8U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="352" height="288"></embed></object>

MAy Lee's country men dont align with him as he does not even stay there , and he does not play to them anymore .
For SM its their local talent who got awards.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN then when ANG LEE won best director, did chinese jump up and down bang their chests like gorillas and crow abt it, this is really very shameful behaviour:mad:

Not only ang lee but many other chinese directors. Chinese are humble and it;s a fact. Unfortunately to deal with gorillas like kelings who are totally 1000% shameless u cannot be humble. How else can a place that accomplished so little still be touted so highly?

How else can kelings shamelessly say buddha is a keling when he's nepalese?

It's a fact that kelings use others accomplishments as their own.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bollywood is the name given by west to them, they call it Hindi film industry.By Putting Uk money a film does not belong to them it wont have been possible with out INDIAN cast ,crew , Writers.
How does rain tree call certain their movies their own , when its funded by them but made completely in Hong kong with crew and cast from there ??

LOL u sure??? the kelings call themselves bollywood.

LOL what kind of logic is this??? With no keling actors it would not be possible despite funding from the UK? Therefore without the funding from the UK would the film even be possible? Idiot. Contridict urself again. Trying to change a fallacy? Of course raintree movie calls it their own since they funded the movie even if it has HK actors. So u see u contridicted urself and try to even change and lie out of it. It's called a raintree movie cos it was funded by raintree despite having HK actors, hence the movie slumdog is a British film starring kelings.

U actually killed urself by ur own words.:biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u listen to their bullshit long enough, u would think india is the one n only SUPER-POWER in the world..:biggrin::biggrin:

india is 1 country i never wanna go in my life..:biggrin:

blackreplica

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry about Lee. Your only hope is for M Night to step up.

To be fair: M Night is Indian by race, but 100% american culturally, by his own admission, being born and raised there. He is pretty much as american as baseball, Ford Escalades and silicone tits.

On another note, i felt he showed a LOT of promise earlier in his director career. Sixth Sense was absolutely fantastic. Unbreakable just as good. Then it started to go pearshaped. The Village was so-so at best and Signs was absolute rubbish. I think Lady In The Water was slightly above average, redeeming him somewhat. I havent watched The Happening yet, but i hear its rubbish, unfortunately

In my opinion, Slumdog Millionaire is neither british nor indian. If i HAD to be specific, i'd say it has Indian culture and talent on (and off) the screen, but british vision behind it all. I think it's great and its worldwide acclaim might open a market for more collaboration of this sort in the future... a collaboration which might convert traditional bollywood style movies into something more palatable to a worldwide audience. Which can only do good for indian cinema and the brains (whether foreign or local) behind it.

I enjoyed slumdog tremedously and hope more movies like this come out in the future. I think it deserved every award it won

P.S Anyone who likes Danny Boyle should go watch Sunshine. Especially if you enjoy sci-fi. it was breathtaking and i enjoyed every minute of it as well

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite the western influences in education and film making, I believe both Lee and M Night have clung onto traditional values that are dear to their respective cultures.

It would be interesting to see M Night helm a film that is non-mainstream hollywood and based entirely on his mother tongue. His talent is undeniable. With the right material and some luck, he will definitely have his place among the Oscar greats.

Shyamalan's Lost Sense

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1813911,00.html

To be fair: M Night is Indian by race, but 100% american culturally, by his own admission, being born and raised there. He is pretty much as american as baseball, Ford Escalades and silicone tits.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u listen to their bullshit long enough, u would think india is the one n only SUPER-POWER in the world..:biggrin::biggrin:

india is 1 country i never wanna go in my life..:biggrin:

Absolutely good choice u have made. U can save yourself from the cholera, dysentry and other exotic diseases and stench and the filth. Not to mention the poor attitude and service of the shit ppl there and of course save ur female relatives or loved ones the horror of eve teasing.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just by watching the movie slumdog millionaire
i can imagine the smell of india
i do not think they should use it for their tourism promotion.

damn it is dirty, and the whole movie is fill with crooks, gangsters, racists and bad cops.

this is bollywood?? i dun think so, any bollywood director that make such a movie will be demonised by their peer.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just by watching the movie slumdog millionaire
i can imagine the smell of india
i do not think they should use it for their tourism promotion.

damn it is dirty, and the whole movie is fill with crooks, gangsters, racists and bad cops.

this is bollywood?? i dun think so, any bollywood director that make such a movie will be demonised by their peer.

Keling made movies are always so senseless and meaningless. It has no substance and is so long winded:mad::mad: Yet there are ppl praising how good it is etc etc blah blah.

Of course slumdog was made by British ppl. They know how to create films. Ang moh films have the greatest variety. From stupid song and dance musicals to sci fi, fantasy and of course realistic movies.

Chinese made movies are getting better and better. If not cos of the smaller budgets involved they can make epic hollywood style movies too.

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
RACIST here is applicable to YOU , you are fully an Anti - Indian , your views are 100% biased and my article was just talking of an Achievements and since it contains the name Indian you are some other jumped on it :smile:
well what can i say , its the attitude of people on this blog. each to his own.

Yup red cliff is an epic of course to those racists here no matter how good a chinese film is it is no good.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RACIST here is applicable to YOU , you are fully an Anti - Indian , your views are 100% biased and my article was just talking of an Achievements and since it contains the name Indian you are some other jumped on it :smile:
well what can i say , its the attitude of people on this blog. each to his own.

Coming from a RACIST like you. your views are 100% biased and what article pls quit twisting and turning. From the title of ur thread u want to claim all achievements for the kelings just like what they always do. :mad: