• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Remember a clinic called The First Clinic?

Yes, I got alot of MCs from there :biggrin:

I studied at a school nearby - Queensway Secondary School. Before that, I was from Birkhall Primary, always last in class.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

I studied at a school nearby - Queensway Secondary School. Before that, I was from Birkhall Primary, always last in class.
Hehehe. Queensway Sec. have any pretty girls. Better than Mei Chin and Tanglin Tech.

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hehehe. Queensway Sec. have any pretty girls. Better than Mei Chin and Tanglin Tech.

I think the New Town girls more chio and vain. Used to hang out at the stone ping pong table opposite my school. Also hang out at Queenstown library to look at girls.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

If Mont d'or then they had a branch in Orchard where Ngee Ann city is now....they were quite famous then....together with Fuji cake shop.....knn all extinct liao

Aiya Fuji Cake Shop is just at my block downstairs just beside the stairs you should know where I'm talking about.

Studied in Queenstown Sec, truanted in Queensway Sc..no idea where's 27A though..

27A beside the Q'town ROV driving centre, MRT is directly in front.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Aiya Fuji Cake Shop is just at my block downstairs just beside the stairs you should know where I'm talking about.

27A beside the Q'town ROV driving centre, MRT is directly in front.
What's that bLock next to 27A then ?; that's where we usuaLLy go for the Nasi Lemak b'fast run by a MaLay
coupLe whiLe parking our vans behind the bLock..oh, i rem there was a Setron TV factory behind as weLL..:wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Wow this building is still standing today going to undergo redevelopment

https://maps.google.com.sg/maps?q=1...=qqrrjeuDhxwawld-GOX7xQ&cbp=11,55.87,,0,-8.94

Jah your link to the map is solid, its an old map showing many blocks already torn down. Thanks.

Bro, was it the back of the popiah skins' staLL that houses the famed Lor duck noodLes ?..the boss wouLd aLways
be hiding his beers behind the counter once his staLL is opened for business.:smile:

Fishypie, yes you are right at the back side of the popiah stall is the lor-ark-noodle stall. You are right the old man (bless his soul) always drinking. Family no more in lor-ark but selling coffee and drinks in Tanglin Halt Haeker Centre (10 storey).

Recall the lor ark noodles stall, but not into ducks (oops, pardon pun). So never spied his pints.:p

Fish ball noodles inside former hawker centre popular but tastes plenty msg. Guy with gold thick gold necklace, had a heart op, then got his young son to do the noodles (he only collect money and directs show). Just outside corner stall (facing arched market) a better bet. Prices then was reasonable, 2 bucks.

This stall is also now in Mei Ling Street Market Hawker Centre. if you refer to the Queenstown link I provided earlier there is a photo of their stall there that I took.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Remember a clinic called The First Clinic?

Foirst Clinic is it the one in block 6C?

ha Queensway, purpple colour skirt. I think its the one and only.

I think the New Town girls more chio and vain. Used to hang out at the stone ping pong table opposite my school. Also hang out at Queenstown library to look at girls.

I from New Town Sec la.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

What's that bLock next to 27A then ?; that's where we usuaLLy go for the Nasi Lemak b'fast run by a MaLay
coupLe whiLe parking our vans behind the bLock..oh, i rem there was a Setron TV factory behind as weLL..:wink:

Aiya the nasi-lemak is in 27A la. The couple lives upstairs. The coffeeshop guy who make the coffee is a shot and very hunchback uncle. The roti-prata is also nice right? Yes Setron is just behind and carpark in between. I live on the 11th floor.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I from New Town Sec la.

Ah, Newtownians, you guys wore that obiang sky-bLue shorts right ? ...:biggrin:

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I from New Town Sec la.

Haha.... New Town. Light blue shirt and white shorts for guys and white skirt for girls ! :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ah, Newtownians, you guys wore that obiang sky-bLue shorts right ? ...:biggrin:

knn even sec 3 adn 4 still wearing the short shorts. Sibeh jialat man.

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal

New Town Sec was a good school then. Quite a number of outstanding alumni.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

New Town Sec was a good school then. Quite a number of outstanding alumni.

Got no idea mate cos only remember always looking for corners to take a smoke those days. Kids la. (Now not smoking)

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got no idea mate cos only remember always looking for corners to take a smoke those days. Kids la. (Now not smoking)

This guy, Pro Yeo Tiong Min, was formerly from New Town Sec Sch. Before that, he was from New Town Pri Sch.

New dean to head SMU School of Law

SINGAPORE: The country's first Honorary Senior Counsel, Professor Yeo Tiong Min, 46, will take over as the Singapore Management University's law school dean from July, as the school looks to raise its undergraduate intake.

At a press conference on Tuesday, Prof Yeo reportedly said that the school is in discussions with the Ministry of Law on reviewing its undergraduate student intake numbers. It could admit up to 180 undergraduates annually over the next three to five years, up from the current 120, he said.

Prof Yeo takes over from Professor Michael Furmston, 78, who will continue teaching at SMU after stepping down, as well as help the university set up a Centre of Commercial Law.

SMU also announced that Professor David Llewelyn, 55, who has been with the university since August 2010, will become Deputy Dean from July.

Prof Yeo paid tribute to his predecessor on Tuesday and cited the full employment of the university's first graduating cohort as testament to Prof Furmston's leadership.

He said the school will be seeking feedback from employers and will tweak its curriculum to enhance its law programme.

Prof Yeo added: "That we are a young law school allows us the dynamism to review and make on-going adjustments to our programme in a reasonably short time-frame. Not only does this bring greater value to employers, students also benefit because they are more prepared for the challenges of the real world."

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

So you live in Q'town area too?
Nope, at Beo Cresent.To save $ on bus fares; a few of us wouLd waLk home after schooL.Our routine route wouLd be through Cresent GirLs' sch,Prince CharLes' Cresent, Tiong Bahru Park..or something Like that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This guy, Pro Yeo Tiong Min, was formerly from New Town Sec Sch. Before that, he was from New Town Pri Sch.

New dean to head SMU School of Law

SINGAPORE: The country's first Honorary Senior Counsel, Professor Yeo Tiong Min, 46, will take over as the Singapore Management University's law school dean from July, as the school looks to raise its undergraduate intake.

Wah-loa-eh I sibeh no face liao. This guy professor, dean of law and senior counsel some more and doing so very well in Singapore is same age as me what the hell I'm stuck in Siam-lo. Big difference man.

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal

This guy was formerly from Birkhall Primary School.

Ng Chee Khern (simplified Chinese: 黄志勤; traditional Chinese: 黃志勤; pinyin: Huáng Zhìqín; born 18 October 1965[1]) is the Director of Singapore's Security and Intelligence Division.[2][3] He was formerly Chief of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) and held the rank of Major-General.

Prior to his appointment as RSAF Chief, Ng served as second-in-command as Chief of Staff (Air Staff). He took over the role of RSAF Chief from Lim Kim Choon, who retired in March 2006.

Ng joined the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) in 1984, and was a recipient of the President's Scholarship in 1984 and the SAF Overseas Scholarship in 1985.[4]

Ng was educated in Victoria School and Hwa Chong Junior College. He holds a Master of Arts in philosophy, politics and economics from the University of Oxford, and a Master of Public Administration from Harvard University.[5][dead link] He was one of the RSAF's first F-16 pilots, and flew the Northrop F-5E Tiger-II.[6]

Among his other appointments in the SAF, Ng was the Commanding Officer of the RSAF's 149 Squadron, the Commander of Tengah Air Base, and the Director of the Joint Operations and Planning Directorate (JOPD).[7]

Last edited: