• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEW Margaret Drive Hawker Centre

SOF67

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NEW Margaret Drive Hawker Centre (Blk 38A Margaret Drive, within SkyResidence @ Dawson) opens today. The Hawker Centre has 38 stalls and occupies levels 1 and 2 of the building. It is spacious and airy.

Stalls at the defunct Tanglin Halt Food Centre (Blocks 1A / 2A / 3A Commonwealth Drive) have relocated to Margaret Drive Hawker Centre. You may be familiar with the following stalls:

(1) Xin Ji Soya Sauce Chicken 新记港式油鸡•咖喱鸡饭•面 - #01-30
(2) Xin’s Tzechar - #01-31
(3) Chef Hainanese Western Food 海南西餐 - #01-32
(4) Tong Kee Chicken Rice 东记鸡饭 - #01-36
(5) Lontong Sedap Indonesian Cuisine - #01-25
(6) Nor Nasi Ala Kampung - #01-26
(7) Queenstown Lontong - #01-27
(
1f60e.png
Sukarnih Chicken Rice - #01-33
(9) Song Kee Seafood 松记海鲜 - #02-23
(10) 28 Rojak No Pork No Lard - #02-29
(11) No. 1 Western Food 驰名西餐 - #02-30
(12) Guang Dong Porridge 广东粥品 - #02-32
(13) Hakka Thunder Tea Rice 客家佬擂茶 - #02-34
(14) You Quan Nasi Lemak 友全椰浆饭 - #02-35
(15) Ru Yi Yuan Vegetarian 如意园素食 - #02-36
(16) Tian Xiang Wanton Noodle 天香云吞面 - #02-41
(17) Xi Di Teochew Fried Bee Hoon•Mee•Rice 细弟潮州炒米粉•炒面•炒饭 - #02-42
(18) Shun Xing Hot & Cold Desserts 顺兴清甜五味汤 - #02-24
(19) Tanglin Halt DJ Muslim Seafood & Satay - #02-22
(20) Farokh & Nisa Family Food - #02-25
(21) Alimah’s Kitchen - #02-26
(22) Makanan Singapura - #02-39

Out of the 38 stalls, only 10 stalls are opened for business today.

Alimah’s Kitchen serves cheap and tasty Mee Rebus. The Gravy had a rich mix of nutty and prawny tastes. Not overly sweet and starchy. At $3, the serving size was fairly generous. Begedil is 60¢ a piece.

Mee Rebus + 1pc Begedil @ Alimah’s Kitchen (Margaret Drive Hawker Centre #02-26) • Price: $3.60 (Mee Rebus $3 + 1pc Begedil 60¢) • Operating Hours: 8am to 12.30pm (or until sold out) • Closed on Thursdays and Fridays

Protect our Singapore hawker heritage. Support our hawkers.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It looks and feels nothing like a traditional hawker centre. It's more of a canteen found in a school or army camp.

Those who know will know. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(18) Shun Xing Hot & Cold Desserts 顺兴清甜五味汤 - #02-24

This was the stall when it was at Tanglin Halt. It used to be next to the Hakka thunder tea rice stall.

AF1QipPPe8XVJcNZFu3wk9-mKLqyqvbjV79xtfeG_zbB=s0

Now the stall is at a lonely corner facing the link bridge to the new HDB flats behind the hawker centre. :rolleyes:
Oh, and there are no more $1 items on the menu now. Minimum is $1.50. :biggrin:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people (regardless of gender) looking for young lovers. However to me, old hawkers food are the best. Do u agree

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At 老文里, I saw one Chinese PRC selling 饭菜 but the sign board says Teochew porridge. I am very angry to see this kind of shit hawker!!! Selling shit but claiming Teochew food

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people (regardless of gender) looking for young lovers. However to me, old hawkers food are the best. Do u agree
If you want old school food then you will have to go to those old housing estate like Havelock road and Circuit Road.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to old airport road hawker. Is that okay ?
Food is not really cheap there. It's also too rowdy and touristy. What pissed me off most are that the tables are always not cleared and very dirty.
A good place to find cheap and good food is Teban Gardens market.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At 老文里, I saw one Chinese PRC selling 饭菜 but the sign board says Teochew porridge. I am very angry to see this kind of shit hawker!!! Selling shit but claiming Teochew food

Tiongs should stick to selling mala or xiaolongbao.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look for the kuaychap stall.

The best kwaychap and pig organ soup is found at Jalan Kukup.

Once you've tasted that, you will reject all others.

For example, this one at Maxwell hawker centre. Young hawkers, cute logo. But few customers compared to the roast meat shop next to it. :biggrin:

AF1QipPAL8LCNCgz7wb-cVOR7lr6NL1B3r9OlXs3PLYz=s0