• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lovers

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lo

Then there were times, certain groups deliberately shun me because I was driving a 3.0 V6 Honda Accord and living an apartment in Geylang, while they were mostly driving either COE 316 or 190E and living in Bishan HDBs.

Stay in pigeon hole and drive COE extended car also want to act elite !

These people around should learn the word shame .

alien69

Re: Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lo

:biggrin:why are the malays sleeping on the Tee off areas?
ONly Monkeys hung around there....

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

i agree lolabunny

golf courses shud be converted into public parks where couples can cuddle instead of letting all these hooligans fight one another and feed the lawyers

I love cuddling! With soft toys!

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are teens getting more violent these days?

High jinks in lecture hall ends in...
POLY BRAWL
Student punched after tossed ball of paper hits another in class
By Chong Shin Yen
February 03, 2009

IT WAS a classroom prank that escalated into a violent brawl right outside a lecture theatre.

And due to a case of mistaken identity, 19-year-old student Paul Poh was beaten up so badly he needed three stitches above his eyebrow.

Now, Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) has set up a disciplinary panel to look into the assault.

It took place after a lecture at its Ang Mo Kio campus in the afternoon of 22 Jan.

Paul, a second-year mechatronics engineering student, told The New Paper that he had attended a class with about 30 other students.

Halfway through the lecture, Paul saw 'something' flying over his head.

Said Paul: 'My friend, who was sitting directly behind me, had crushed a piece of paper into a ball. He then aimed it at one of our friends who was sitting three rows in front of me. He was playing the fool and had wanted to get the attention of that friend.'

He missed his target and the paper ended up hitting another student, who was seated four rows in front of Paul. It struck him on the back of the head.

'He immediately turned his head and saw me looking at him,' said Paul. 'He thought I was the one who had thrown that ball of paper at him and he uttered Hokkien vulgarities at me.'

Paul said he raised both his hands and told the student that he was not the one who did it.

'My friend, who threw the paper, also raised his hand and admitted that he was the culprit,' said Paul. 'He also said 'sorry' repeatedly but the student ignored us.'

Paul said neither he nor his friend knew the student who was hit, although they had seen him around on campus.

He said the lecturer was unaware of what had happened as the class was having a discussion and it was quite noisy.

Paul and his friend thought that was the end of the matter and they continued with their lesson. The lecture ended around 5pm.

Paul walked out of the lecture theatre alone and was surprised to find the student waiting for him outside.

'The moment he saw me, he asked me why I had thrown the paper at him,' said Paul. 'Before I could reply, he started punching me on my face.'

Paul said three of the attacker's friends joined in. They punched his head and scratched his face.

Paul's spectacles came off and dropped to the ground during the beating.

'I was cornered and was pushed against the wall, but I didn't retaliate,' he said. 'I stood there and tried to block their punches. I did not want to be accused of getting into a fight with them.'

Then a few of Paul's friends came out of the lecture theatre and when they saw what happened, they tried to intervene.

He claimed his friends were also punched while trying to stop the attack.

Said Paul: 'I felt blood trickling down my forehead. That was when they stopped hitting me and fled. I felt faint and took out my handphone to call the police.'

Paul's friends also helped him to call for an ambulance. He was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he was given outpatient treatment.

Police investigation

The New Paper understands that the attackers returned to the scene to help with investigations after the police arrived.

A police spokesman confirmed that they are investigating the case.

Paul suffered bruises and scratches on his face and neck in addition to the wound above his left eyebrow.

A spokesman said the polytechnic is also looking into the matter and has spoken to the parties involved.

'NYP takes a stern view of such assault cases and do not condone such behaviour and breaches of discipline,' the spokesman said.

'A disciplinary panel has been set up to review the case and the necessary action will be taken.'

The spokesman added that school representatives had visited Paul and his parents and will provide them with assistance.

Paul said his friend who had thrown the ball of paper as a prank was very apologetic over what happened.

'He told me that he was just being playful and didn't expect it to turn violent,' said Paul. 'I told him that I don't blame him at all.'

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal

the same scums of society again.
should throw all of them into jail!

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal

The kids were wrong this time. If this is Kelantan they would be in deep shit. They (Muslims!) were drunk after a whole night boozing with their friends and then wonder to the catchment area to do some monkey business. They were sleeping on the T box when the golfers first found them. They were clearly trespassing. I have no sympathy for them. Hope they get their just dessert.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

You think our news media wil highlight this case again?

It involves muslim youths that are not suppose to drink alcohol.

You think these tattooed youths give a damn?

Even in Kelantan, if a fight was picked with chinese golfers from Singapore, who do you think will bear the brunt of it?

Only here in S'pore do you have our own Garment screwing and looking down on their own people

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

'I was cornered and was pushed against the wall, but I didn't retaliate,' he said. 'I stood there and tried to block their punches. I did not want to be accused of getting into a fight with them.'

You just, stood there? You should have pushed them away or do something more concrete. You could have gotten killed you know!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

So much for Poly education. This sort of thing doesn't happen to our jcs.

Are teens getting more violent these days?

High jinks in lecture hall ends in...
POLY BRAWL
Student punched after tossed ball of paper hits another in class
By Chong Shin Yen
February 03, 2009

IT WAS a classroom prank that escalated into a violent brawl right outside a lecture theatre.

And due to a case of mistaken identity, 19-year-old student Paul Poh was beaten up so badly he needed three stitches above his eyebrow.

Now, Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) has set up a disciplinary panel to look into the assault.

It took place after a lecture at its Ang Mo Kio campus in the afternoon of 22 Jan.

Paul, a second-year mechatronics engineering student, told The New Paper that he had attended a class with about 30 other students.

Halfway through the lecture, Paul saw 'something' flying over his head.

Said Paul: 'My friend, who was sitting directly behind me, had crushed a piece of paper into a ball. He then aimed it at one of our friends who was sitting three rows in front of me. He was playing the fool and had wanted to get the attention of that friend.'

He missed his target and the paper ended up hitting another student, who was seated four rows in front of Paul. It struck him on the back of the head.

'He immediately turned his head and saw me looking at him,' said Paul. 'He thought I was the one who had thrown that ball of paper at him and he uttered Hokkien vulgarities at me.'

Paul said he raised both his hands and told the student that he was not the one who did it.

'My friend, who threw the paper, also raised his hand and admitted that he was the culprit,' said Paul. 'He also said 'sorry' repeatedly but the student ignored us.'

Paul said neither he nor his friend knew the student who was hit, although they had seen him around on campus.

He said the lecturer was unaware of what had happened as the class was having a discussion and it was quite noisy.

Paul and his friend thought that was the end of the matter and they continued with their lesson. The lecture ended around 5pm.

Paul walked out of the lecture theatre alone and was surprised to find the student waiting for him outside.

'The moment he saw me, he asked me why I had thrown the paper at him,' said Paul. 'Before I could reply, he started punching me on my face.'

Paul said three of the attacker's friends joined in. They punched his head and scratched his face.

Paul's spectacles came off and dropped to the ground during the beating.

Then a few of Paul's friends came out of the lecture theatre and when they saw what happened, they tried to intervene.

He claimed his friends were also punched while trying to stop the attack.

Said Paul: 'I felt blood trickling down my forehead. That was when they stopped hitting me and fled. I felt faint and took out my handphone to call the police.'

Paul's friends also helped him to call for an ambulance. He was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he was given outpatient treatment.

Police investigation

The New Paper understands that the attackers returned to the scene to help with investigations after the police arrived.

A police spokesman confirmed that they are investigating the case.

Paul suffered bruises and scratches on his face and neck in addition to the wound above his left eyebrow.

A spokesman said the polytechnic is also looking into the matter and has spoken to the parties involved.

'NYP takes a stern view of such assault cases and do not condone such behaviour and breaches of discipline,' the spokesman said.

'A disciplinary panel has been set up to review the case and the necessary action will be taken.'

The spokesman added that school representatives had visited Paul and his parents and will provide them with assistance.

Paul said his friend who had thrown the ball of paper as a prank was very apologetic over what happened.

'He told me that he was just being playful and didn't expect it to turn violent,' said Paul. 'I told him that I don't blame him at all.'

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

You just, stood there? You should have pushed them away or do something more concrete. You could have gotten killed you know!

It didn't happen to me. This is an article from the new paper. :p:p:p

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How come ppl side the mats when it's clearly them whom are in the wrong????

Trespass on pte property still dare act yaya??

So next time chinese youths should all get drunk and sleep on the street soccer court for eg.

What elites vs peasants crap??

Seriously man, i dunno what is up with this racism crap here.

When mats do wrong ppl seem to ignore it.

PLus now many mats also hide behind the racism thing. They fight with ppl and rob, steal from them then claim racism when they are in the wrong.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh yes when the local chinese use the word "private property" they are right, but they sound like rude arrogant, fucks. :P Yup it's true. Most local Chinese when they talk, they don't sound very nice or polite, in almost all circumstances if you notice, especially when it's a one-on-one exchange with anyone of any race, even their own. Look around and you'll know.

And what a hero for one man to tell a group loudly to disperse.

So yeah, whack the old farts. Better still, kill them~ :P Youth power!!! =D

FULL REPORT HERE..

Golfers, youths in brawl on green
Fight erupts after the golfers accuse youths of trespassing on the green
By Jessica Lim

The fight ended when the police arrived. Eight youths were arrested and one golfer taken to hospital. -- ST PHOTO: TERENCE TAN

A FIGHT erupted yesterday between a group of golfers at the Singapore Island Country Club (SICC) and a group of youths accused of trespassing on the green.

Allegedly, punches were thrown, golf balls flung and clubs swung.

When the dust settled after the police arrived, eight youths were arrested and one golfer taken to hospital.

Golfer Robert Tan, 52, landed in hospital with the back of his head sore, allegedly from being clobbered. He said he did not know who or what hit him.

The golfers, who were having their weekly game at the club near MacRitchie Reservoir, said they saw three youths snoozing in a tee box near the fourth hole at about 10am.

One of the golfers, Mr Lawrence Loh, 59, woke them up and asked them to leave because it was 'dangerous' for them to be there.

He also pointed out that the golf course was private property. He said one of the youths started kicking a tee box marker around like a ball, parroting his words.

'They just kept repeating what I said - in a hostile manner,' he said.

'That was when I raised my voice and told them to go away. Then one of them ran towards me to try to punch me.'

That triggered the clash. The youths were joined by a second lot of shirtless and tattooed individuals who emerged from a forested area behind the golf course.

Spades, tee markers and golf balls were flying in all directions, said Mr Loh, who said he also saw one youth swinging a golf club around.

While all this was happening, Mr Tan, who was a distance from the action, reached for his cellphone to call the police.

As he was about to dial 999, a youth came up to him and begged him not to make the call because his friends were 'drunk and did not know what they were doing'.

Mr Tan, a branding consultant, said from his bed at Tan Tock Seng Hospital that his back was to the youth then, and 'before I knew it, I was kicked and felt a sharp pain on the back of my head'.

He crumpled to the grass and was unable to get up from the shock.

The fight broke up as quickly as it escalated when the police arrived on the scene.

By then, Mr Loh was nursing a cut on his left cheek, while two other golfers had picked up bruises on their hands.

Mr Tan told the police who interviewed him at his bedside that he did not hit back at his attacker.

Asked if any of his golfer friends struck back at the youths, he said he was not aware if that had happened.

It is not known if both groups of youths knew each other.

Twenty-year-old Siti Shahirah Said Furrdin, who said she was the girlfriend of one of the youths who joined the brawl later, said she and her friends were taking a walk in the forested area near MacRitchie Reservoir to see the monkeys after a night of drinking at VivoCity.

They were trying to find their way out of the forest when they wandered onto the golf course. There were no signs saying they could not be there, said the young woman, who is unemployed.

'Then a ball came whizzing and hit my friend in the face,' she said.

She said her group next approached the golfer whom they claimed had thrown the ball to ask for an apology.

None was given, she said.

In response, the golfer, who was clutching a golf club, started punching her friend, she alleged.

She said her friends did not retaliate. The police had arrived by then.

Ms Shahirah, who watched the fracas from the sidelines, was not arrested.

Police confirmed that they received a call yesterday morning about a dispute on the green, which ended with the arrest of eight youths and with one golfer being taken to hospital.

All the youths are believed to be Singaporean males, aged between 13 and 25.

SICC declined comment.

Mr Tan's wife Lei May, 52, said: 'I was so upset when I heard what happened. After all, he was just going to play golf.'

She called for a clearer demarcation between SICC and the reservoir area, which is public space.

[email protected]

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

I trek regularly in the Central Catchment area and have in the past strayed onto the golf course because there were no markers warning me to keep clear. At least once about 15 years ago my group was rudely confronted and threatened. We chose then to walk away but I can imagine others responding in kind and escalating to violence.

Such episodes have turned me off golf. It is also clear that golf is about setting aside the much resources for a few people. It turns natural forests into unnatural grasslands, and pollutes the waterways with chemical fertilisers.

I stick to rambling, and hope that someday, ramblers would band together and demand a right to roam through golf courses on certains days and at certain times.

yep. i also trek that area very regular ten yrs back abd quite often trek to the golf course area unintentionly, no sign board at all. anyway all incident made two hands to clap, the golfers must be then lao lang think they big fuck and get hamtam

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

yep. i also trek that area very regular ten yrs back abd quite often trek to the golf course area unintentionly, no sign board at all. anyway all incident made two hands to clap, the golfers must be then lao lang think they big fuck and get hamtam

Quite a possible scenario.

Like I said, I dont think this will be in the news anymore. Maybe gag order as it invovles muslim youths drinking alcohol.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Quite a possible scenario.

Like I said, I dont think this will be in the news anymore. Maybe gag order as it invovles muslim youths drinking alcohol.

WHat happens if let's say there's no gag order and news spreads about these m&ds taking alcohol? They would be in bigger trouble right?

Or would they instead blame say the newspapers for being "racist" and lying that the m&ds were drunk?:rolleyes:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

WHat happens if let's say there's no gag order and news spreads about these m&ds taking alcohol? They would be in bigger trouble right?

Or would they instead blame say the newspapers for being "racist" and lying that the m&ds were drunk?:rolleyes:

No! They will "FIX" them by saying they are consuming DRUGS.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No! They will "FIX" them by saying they are consuming DRUGS.

U mean the press will "fix" them?

Would those m&ds get in trouble with their own community???

Since there's no shariah law here i wonder how they punish these ppl.

If this was matland of course those m&ds would be habis.