• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lovers

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lo

They are just there for a bash-up, not to see the monkeys. Any other excuses, well, I will leave to their lawyers to give us a credible explanation, at least.

But as for golf, well, I don't see the appeal of it. I still prefer exciting sports and do some exciting sports/exercise. Golf to me, is boring. I will only, however, watch golf on TV if Tiger Woods is there.

I trek regularly in the Central Catchment area and have in the past strayed onto the golf course because there were no markers warning me to keep clear. At least once about 15 years ago my group was rudely confronted and threatened. We chose then to walk away but I can imagine others responding in kind and escalating to violence.

Such episodes have turned me off golf. It is also clear that golf is about setting aside the much resources for a few people. It turns natural forests into unnatural grasslands, and pollutes the waterways with chemical fertilisers.

I stick to rambling, and hope that someday, ramblers would band together and demand a right to roam through golf courses on certains days and at certain times.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lo

I have said before, never confront them if you are not capable to. Maybe these golfers played at SICC, think they are of higher mortals, with such status. They think they can intimidate lesser mortals. Fortunately no fatal injuries.
Never, never argue with a people with lower mentality. I have experienced such people before. With their inferior complexities, they are capable of coming back at you with a vengeance. Particularly with a different race.

A closer reading of the article will suggest that the group of golfers (no numbers provided) initially saw only three youths and thought they could teach them a lesson. With NS many years behind them the 50-somethings must have forgot to give all round protection before setting on the youths.

And then... AMBUSH! Their friends emerged from the jungle to carry out what seemed to be a classic surprise counterattack, except they were half drunk and weren't able to carry through their initiative.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

It doesn't really matter what really happened. Its the golfers' story vs
a bunch of mat kids.

The golfers will hire a lawyer and the mats will be represented by
I dunno who or what. There is a golfer in hospital.

So guess who will be ultimately guilty if it becomes a criminal case.

I am not siding anyone, but unless there are credible witnesses,
its a no brainer if it boils down to 2 different sides of stories.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

I trek regularly in the Central Catchment area and have in the past strayed onto the golf course because there were no markers warning me to keep clear. At least once about 15 years ago my group was rudely confronted and threatened. We chose then to walk away but I can imagine others responding in kind and escalating to violence.

Such episodes have turned me off golf. It is also clear that golf is about setting aside the much resources for a few people. It turns natural forests into unnatural grasslands, and pollutes the waterways with chemical fertilisers.

I stick to rambling, and hope that someday, ramblers would band together and demand a right to roam through golf courses on certains days and at certain times.

Golf courses are very environmentally unfriendly! :cool:

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

i agree lolabunny

golf courses shud be converted into public parks where couples can cuddle instead of letting all these hooligans fight one another and feed the lawyers

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

So its more of a fight between mortals and lesser mortals.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

At NIGHT? or daytime?, visiting their kawan or adek?:wink:

Lesser mortals have aspirations too.

Maybe they were all playing Night Golf and searching for the 19th Hole....

Seriously, maybe they are all interested in golf and are too poor to pay the green fees let alone joining an "ELITIST" club.

So best time is to sneak in at night and play by using luminous balls and night vision googles. Nowadays can get cheap "night" goggles from "Toys R Us" for less than $20.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

What were they drinking?
I thought Islam forbids alcohol?

You think forbid means they don't drink at all?

That's is why they are in trouble.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please do tat. and when u get hit a golf ball & end up with a cracked skull, do remember to come here & post a FR.

The HULK!!

Alfrescian
Loyal

i agree lolabunny

golf courses shud be converted into public parks where couples can cuddle instead of letting all these hooligans fight one another and feed the lawyers

yeah???...... so instead of "we were taking a walk in the forested area near MacRitchie Reservoir to see the monkeys after a night of drinking at VivoCity."....they will be catching monkeys at the carparks:biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Please do tat. and when u get hit a golf ball & end up with a cracked skull, do remember to come here & post a FR.

That would of course be silly. I was thinking of ramblers forcing the land grabbing 'country' clubs to declare 'no golf' times or 'rambling' times for people to walk through.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wow... the police react very fast hor, can still reach in time to nab the youngsters. Most of time we common citizen call 999, police take ages to arrive. There was a fight between two group of teenagers under my mum block that last about 15-20 min, the first police vehicle only arrived after half an hour, by then the people involve already "tree fall monkeys ran."

i had encounter a traffic offence taking place so call 999. Was told off by the operator that i should had call the traffic police instead. i was like issn't it the same but still ask for traffic police number. But all i got after calling the number she gave me was an annoucement from singtel that the number i call is no longer in used.:confused:

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course the police must reach there fast cos many VIP, MIW & even their higher ranking senior officers are member of the club.:p

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow... the police react very fast hor, can still reach in time to nab the youngsters. Most of time we common citizen call 999, police take ages to arrive. There was a fight between two group of teenagers under my mum block that last about 15-20 min, the first police vehicle only arrived after half an hour, by then the people involve already "tree fall monkeys ran."

i had encounter a traffic offence taking place so call 999. Was told off by the operator that i should had call the traffic police instead. i was like issn't it the same but still ask for traffic police number. But all i got after calling the number she gave me was an annoucement from singtel that the number i call is no longer in used.:confused:

According to one reader, the authorities were informed of the unruly behaviour of the group of eight male youths and a female.

However, the failure of the authorities' response had led to the brawl.

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_333508.html

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

According to one reader, the authorities were informed of the unruly behaviour of the group of eight male youths and a female.

However, the failure of the authorities' response had led to the brawl.

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_333508.html

This shows precisely what the previous two samsters said, i.e. when lesser mortals (such as the reader) called, the police take their time. When on the other hand the near immortals (such as SICC golfers) called, they deployed their QRF - who knows, there may even have been SOF / STAR officers in disguise!

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used to be a member at both SICC and SRC back in the 1990s, although there are many nice people there whose company I really enjoy, there's a always a minority who possess strange mentality.

There were instances where I was confronted and my membership status challenged and these were mostly done by spouses of members either in the gym, pool or games room.

Then there were times, certain groups deliberately shun me because I was driving a 3.0 V6 Honda Accord and living an apartment in Geylang, while they were mostly driving either COE 316 or 190E and living in Bishan HDBs.

Then there was this occasion where a group of ladies threatened to sue me in court because I refuse to give up my seat at the bar counter. The security and police were called in and loads of fireworks later, the decided to "settle out of court".

I eventually sold my memberships but I still keep in contact with some of those guys there.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Nature lovers? Sound like drunk teens to me.
Sounds like punk teens to me.
Their parents should be jailed.