• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BF.7 and BA.2.75 COVID variants

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

CDC now tracking rise of BF.7 and BA.2.75 COVID variants nationwide​

The BA.5 variant that dominated the summer wave of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations has now fallen to 83.1% of new cases, according to estimates released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Three rival strains – the BF.7, BA.2.75, and BA.4.6 variants – have now climbed to make up nearly 1 in 5 new infections nationwide, according to the federal estimates.

The growth of the new variants comes at a time when reported COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have largely slowed nationwide.

Data published by the CDC late Thursday tallied only 3% of Americans living in areas of "high" COVID-19, where the agency urges indoor masking and other measures to curb the virus.

But health officials have cautioned for weeks that the U.S. was not "out of the woods" yet.

Scientists and health authorities have been bracing for a widely-expected resurgence in the virus nationwide driven by a new variant, in line with the previous two winter seasons that saw deadly pandemic waves sweep the country.

Despite President Biden declaring this month that the pandemic had ended, authorities have also urged Americans to seek out updated boosters redesigned to guard against the BA.4 and BA.5 variants.

More than 4 million Americans have received the updated shots to date. The pace of new vaccine doses administered has soared to the fastest pace since April, CDC data shows, but remains slower than at this time last year.

BA.2.75.2​

One potential candidate for a fall and winter wave now being tracked by virus experts is BA.2.75.2. Early lab data from Europe and China suggests the variant harbors mutations that add up to the most "extreme antibody escape than any variant we've seen so far."

"With the combination of the evolution of variants, as well as the seasonal aspects, that as we get into this coming late fall and winter, it is likely that we will see another variant emerge," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the president's outgoing chief medical adviser, said this week at an event hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

More than 150 cases of this subvariant have been detected in the U.S. to date across 25 states.

"There's already on the horizon one that looks suspicious that it might start to evolve as another variant, and that's the BA.2.75.2," added Fauci.

The CDC has yet to publish a specific figure for this strain. It estimates that the variant's umbrella lineage – BA.2.75 – has grown to 1.4% of cases nationwide.

BA.2.75's prevalence is highest right now in the New York and New Jersey region, where the CDC estimates it makes up 2.3% of new infections.

BA.4.6 and BF.7​

The two other variants – BA.4.6 and BF.7 – have raised concerns because they might evade the protection offered by a key antibody drug used to shield immunocompromised Americans who might not be able to get immunity from vaccination known as Evusheld.

"BF.7 has one additional genetic change in the gene coding for the Spike protein in comparison to parental BA.5 lineage viruses. Data indicates that this specific genetic change could reduce the efficacy of Evusheld," CDC spokesperson Jasmine Reed told CBS news in a statement.

Reed said that so far "there is no indication that vaccines or diagnostic tests" are affected by BF.7's mutations.

The CDC says 2.3% of cases nationwide are now from BF.7. That is up from 1.7% estimated last week, when the agency first began tracking the variant in its estimates. 11.9% are from BA.4.6, which the CDC began tracking several weeks ago.

BF.7's proportion is largest in New England, where the CDC says 3.9% of new infections are linked to the variant.

New England is also where recent federal hospitalization and nursing home data has tracked an uptick in the virus, at a time when most regions have recorded a steep decline.

After past variants threatened the protection offered by AstraZeneca's drug, the Food and Drug Administration moved to boost the dose of Evusheld to fend off the strains.

It is unclear if the FDA will make a similar move this fall, in response to the new strains.

"The FDA is working with sponsors of all currently authorized therapeutics to assess the activity against any global SARS-CoV-2 variant(s) of interest and is committed to communicating with the public as we learn more," Chanapa Tantibanchachai, a spokesperson for the FDA, said in a statement.

CDC now tracking rise of BF.7 and BA.2.75 COVID variants nationwide

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

CDC now tracking rise of BF.7 and BA.2.75 COVID variants nationwide​

The BA.5 variant that dominated the summer wave of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations has now fallen to 83.1% of new cases, according to estimates released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Three rival strains – the BF.7, BA.2.75, and BA.4.6 variants – have now climbed to make up nearly 1 in 5 new infections nationwide, according to the federal estimates.

The growth of the new variants comes at a time when reported COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have largely slowed nationwide.

Data published by the CDC late Thursday tallied only 3% of Americans living in areas of "high" COVID-19, where the agency urges indoor masking and other measures to curb the virus.

But health officials have cautioned for weeks that the U.S. was not "out of the woods" yet.

Scientists and health authorities have been bracing for a widely-expected resurgence in the virus nationwide driven by a new variant, in line with the previous two winter seasons that saw deadly pandemic waves sweep the country.

Despite President Biden declaring this month that the pandemic had ended, authorities have also urged Americans to seek out updated boosters redesigned to guard against the BA.4 and BA.5 variants.

More than 4 million Americans have received the updated shots to date. The pace of new vaccine doses administered has soared to the fastest pace since April, CDC data shows, but remains slower than at this time last year.

BA.2.75.2​

One potential candidate for a fall and winter wave now being tracked by virus experts is BA.2.75.2. Early lab data from Europe and China suggests the variant harbors mutations that add up to the most "extreme antibody escape than any variant we've seen so far."

"With the combination of the evolution of variants, as well as the seasonal aspects, that as we get into this coming late fall and winter, it is likely that we will see another variant emerge," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the president's outgoing chief medical adviser, said this week at an event hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

More than 150 cases of this subvariant have been detected in the U.S. to date across 25 states.

"There's already on the horizon one that looks suspicious that it might start to evolve as another variant, and that's the BA.2.75.2," added Fauci.

The CDC has yet to publish a specific figure for this strain. It estimates that the variant's umbrella lineage – BA.2.75 – has grown to 1.4% of cases nationwide.

BA.2.75's prevalence is highest right now in the New York and New Jersey region, where the CDC estimates it makes up 2.3% of new infections.

BA.4.6 and BF.7​

The two other variants – BA.4.6 and BF.7 – have raised concerns because they might evade the protection offered by a key antibody drug used to shield immunocompromised Americans who might not be able to get immunity from vaccination known as Evusheld.

"BF.7 has one additional genetic change in the gene coding for the Spike protein in comparison to parental BA.5 lineage viruses. Data indicates that this specific genetic change could reduce the efficacy of Evusheld," CDC spokesperson Jasmine Reed told CBS news in a statement.

Reed said that so far "there is no indication that vaccines or diagnostic tests" are affected by BF.7's mutations.

The CDC says 2.3% of cases nationwide are now from BF.7. That is up from 1.7% estimated last week, when the agency first began tracking the variant in its estimates. 11.9% are from BA.4.6, which the CDC began tracking several weeks ago.

BF.7's proportion is largest in New England, where the CDC says 3.9% of new infections are linked to the variant.

New England is also where recent federal hospitalization and nursing home data has tracked an uptick in the virus, at a time when most regions have recorded a steep decline.

After past variants threatened the protection offered by AstraZeneca's drug, the Food and Drug Administration moved to boost the dose of Evusheld to fend off the strains.

It is unclear if the FDA will make a similar move this fall, in response to the new strains.

"The FDA is working with sponsors of all currently authorized therapeutics to assess the activity against any global SARS-CoV-2 variant(s) of interest and is committed to communicating with the public as we learn more," Chanapa Tantibanchachai, a spokesperson for the FDA, said in a statement.

CDC now tracking rise of BF.7 and BA.2.75 COVID variants nationwide
New variants? Again? Come on, who has time for that, got to get on with our lives.:biggrin:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucktard scam again, now is no mask. Did millions die herez. But i will encourage the mad dogs to vax everyday

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
And that rabid mongrel @Loofydralb who is still howling at the same moon with the same tune. Yawnz :whistling:
@Loofydralb is fucked until cannot be fucked anymore. He's a real fucking coward. Accepted my challenge to meet at the Khatib MRT, but never even dare to show his shadow when the time and date were due. Enough said about this coward bastard.

He's a Fungkulo, Parcodio, Putana Madonna, Sushabigu, Pokatroya.

I would have finished him off with these (one at his stomach and another at his neck to puncture his main artery) had he dare to show up:

Handknife1.jpg

Last edited:

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Loofydralb is fucked until cannot be fucked anymore. He's a real fucking coward. Accepted my challenge to meet at the Khatib MRT, but never even dare to show his shadow when the time and date were due. Enough said about this coward bastard.

I would have finished him off with these (one at his stomach and another at his neck to puncture his main artery) had he dare to show up:

View attachment 162285

Errr bro ... no leh

He told me he showed and waited for you. You are the no show. Posted on one of the threads.

Please clarify with him.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr bro ... no leh

He told me he showed and waited for you. You are the no show. Posted on one of the threads.

Please clarify with him.
I had a GIANT receipt to show that I was there at 10.01 am with a photo and a short video. What had he to show? Practically nothing. As Bloodymir Putin says: This is not a bluff.

There are lots of no balls keyboard warriors in this fucking forum, you should already know.

Fungkulo, Parcodio, Putana Madonna, Sushabigu, Pokatroya.

I'm planning to get an air pistol on my next trip to Hatyai. Whoever will dare to challenge me will face the truth. This is not a bluff. Death to me is just a piece of cake. After all, we all must die one day.

Last edited:

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a GIANT receipt to show that I was there at 10.01 am with a photo and a short video. What had he to show? Practically nothing. As Bloodymir Putin says: This is not a bluff.

There are lots of no balls keyboard warriors in this fucking forum, you should already know.

Fungkulo, Parcodio, Putana Madonna, Sushabigu, Pokatroya.

I'm planning to get an air pistol on my next trip to Hatyai. Whoever will dare to challenge me will face the truth. This is not a bluff. Death to me is just a piece of cake. After all, we all must die one day.

@Loofydralb 你听到了没有?

People call you a no balls keyboard warrior :biggrin: