• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware Of Parking Next to Queenstown NLB

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no, nothing much can stop me from hunting around the island for good tasty food. Just gotta me more careful where I park my ride in future.

Lucky I take mrt.
Don't let this stop you from going for good food.
That is about one of the last good things about SG.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh well, I refuse to park illegally at the roadside, so I parked opposite the church in the white lots on Sunday, after circling around for some time. Turns out its for season parking on weekends. And I was fined $50 for that.

Was upset, but chalked it up to bad luck. Quite an expensive Chicken Rice meal. The funny thing was, I was trying to observe the parking laws in Singapore and was fined for it. Sigh.

Anyway, its true that fines are getting more nowadays, in my experience. My friends and colleagues are getting them more often too. Wonder why.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well if you pay that HC a visit on Sun again, then I suggest you head straight for the HDB multi storey carpark opposite NLB, foc on Sun.

Oh well, I refuse to park illegally at the roadside, so I parked opposite the church in the white lots on Sunday, after circling around for some time. Turns out its for season parking on weekends. And I was fined $50 for that.

Was upset, but chalked it up to bad luck. Quite an expensive Chicken Rice meal. The funny thing was, I was trying to observe the parking laws in Singapore and was fined for it. Sigh.

Anyway, its true that fines are getting more nowadays, in my experience. My friends and colleagues are getting them more often too. Wonder why.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that even if the parking isn't free.

I'm the sort that hates hogging one lane roads by parking at roadside.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't understand why car owners still don't use a coupon for parking. They would rather pay fines of $70. Near my place, Thomson Plaza is one good example, where Parking
Wardens always scout around every 15 mins till midnight.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello in all honesty and good faith I really never noticed the no parking sign in all the time that I parked there until I recently got the summons. If I knew I would have parked at the HDB built up carpark on the opposite side of the road. That is why I created this thread to warn other innocent blur drivers.

actually i parked at the multi storey carpark just opposite, and mistakenly thinks that it was a pay per min parking, as you notice there are the machines outside.... and i got a $30 fine for not displaying parking coupon.

At that time i was pissed that they bother to walk one corner to give me a ticket and refused to cross the road to get those illegal parkers....

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well there you go then these cisco certis chaps are unpredictable.

actually i parked at the multi storey carpark just opposite, and mistakenly thinks that it was a pay per min parking, as you notice there are the machines outside.... and i got a $30 fine for not displaying parking coupon.

At that time i was pissed that they bother to walk one corner to give me a ticket and refused to cross the road to get those illegal parkers....

jw5

Loyal
I can't seem to find any good food in sg. Any good suggestions? :smile:
How about lei cha fan? :smile:
Handpounded of course. You can ask Felicia Chin how hard the work is, she once hosted a program where she webt to China to help prepare and eat lei cha fan.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't understand why car owners still don't use a coupon for parking. They would rather pay fines of $70. Near my place, Thomson Plaza is one good example, where Parking
Wardens always scout around every 15 mins till midnight.

it's cheaper, more efficient and fairer now. it's by ERP system - pay by the minutes with 5 mins free grace period. parking laws are still applicable though.

drivers can afford to own cars but stinge on parkings - penny wise, pound foolish:p

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

71lp9z.jpg

"Pun Dat lah leetarbah.. Please f88k off from this thread. You post here will only attract flamers"

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very much so. Chicken rice hanging in there on 2nd flr, 2 fishball noodles grd flr (corner 1, with son helping out), popiah stall at 1.20 and Hai Kee's char kuay teow
And for PR, there's also that curved-in bay next to hawker centre for that quick getaway... :p

wow... the teochew fishball noodles are nice... and the old folk curry yong dou fu... then the char kuey tiao... then the ice karchang.. :biggrin::biggrin:

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the library there is a cafe

now, the first guys who names that cafe correctly i will up his points :biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 $30 fine can get 3 books of $0.50 coupons. where you have 60 coupons. Can tear till you sian.

If one year kenna 4 fines, one would have lost 12 books of coupons. :eek: