• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Hakka Yong Tau Fu you have tasted...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The best is the one at Circuit Road Hawker Cenre. Only open in the morning.

Real Hakka Yong Tau Foo, with mince pork and fish. Stall name is U Hakkan Niang Tou Fu, Unit #01-46.

After I tried this stall, I realised that those I have tasted all these years are just bedek ones!

Last edited:

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Real Hakka Yong Tau food, with mince pork and fish.

After I tried this stall, I realised that those I have tasted all these years are just bedek ones!

go china town one lah...the hawkercentre at OG

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right avoid the others. Ripped off prices with bits of kangkong or stuffings with tiny bits of fish paste. I hope one day a factory will produce the sauce in freshly made packets like laksa source. Every Yong Tau Foo stall would sell them and sent these Hakka operators into oblivion.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Hakka Yong Tau food, with mince pork and fish.

lianbeng thought ALL yongtaufu hakka one? :rolleyes: got other version meh?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WhateVer version of YTF you are having; pLease disregard the oft-touted Ampang YTF!..:(
A smaLL famiLy's serVing wouLd probabLy set you back by $20 bucks ! :eek:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which stall?

The fake Ampang YTF at Upper Thomson I refused to patronise the stall
knowing it's YTF!! And bloody expensive.

I have tried the real Ampang YTF in KL after tasting it than u know what's
Ampang YTF and nothing comes near!!!

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

This stall used to be good when they first started business at Peoples' Park Complex (?). Combine the kew kew noodles together with the soft soft tau hu and minced meat with much red sauce over it and you would have a real good meal. And, only $3.50.

Over the years, it sprouted many branches and prices now above $4.00, not sure as has not eaten it for some time. Nowadays the noodles seems to taste like maggie mee and the yong tau foo is not soft at all, more like what you can buy at market, 6 pieces for $1. The standards have gone to shit as the stall holders become more and more arrogant.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if it is Hakka, but I love the ytf stall at Syed Alwi Rd kpt. Good and cheap. Always order the same things and amount tallies all the time.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not sure if it is Hakka, but I love the ytf stall at Syed Alwi Rd kpt. Good and cheap. Always order the same things and amount tallies all the time.

Oh, that reminds me of one ytf staLL at the basement of JaLan Berseh f/c; which opens from morning and get soLd out by noon.
Somehow whatever you chooses; it never crosses that $3 mark..:wink:
But beware of a simiLiar ytf staLL diagonaLLy opposite them; which opens later part of the day..:cool:

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can only taste this special dish once a week :p My mother inlaw is a hakka and she makes this type of yong tao foo only on weekends.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
WhateVer version of YTF you are having; pLease disregard the oft-touted Ampang YTF!..:(
A smaLL famiLy's serVing wouLd probabLy set you back by $20 bucks ! :eek:

Rubbish... it is nice... but that Katong shop i heard has very fucked up attitude, eg. cannot add soup... you can't even pay for extra soup.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I first tried the one in Ampang KL and it was good. Over the years, the standard has dropped a little but still better than most of what I found here.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, where exactly at Syed Alwi Road...opposite Mustafa Centre, along some shophouses? Thanks.:biggrin: