• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Bayi Ng: "I've Never Been A PAP Member! I'm Non-Partisan!!" All Bayis Fall In Now!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2023072325224761c5b89d4f-5aa3-49c1-aae8-1ff2867064d9.jpg

2023072372683857f86b594f-473a-4c97-b9d1-822bbed5c2d9_1.jpg

SINGAPORE – Presidential hopeful Ng Kok Song believes that as a politically neutral person who has never belonged to any political party, he is in a better position to help unify the country.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday, the former GIC chief investment officer was asked if he was worried that people may perceive him as an establishment candidate.

Mr Ng, 75, said that while he is proud of his 45-year record in public service, “we must make a difference between establishment and the ruling party”.

“I have never belonged to any political party. I’ve never belonged to the People’s Action Party,”
he said during a visit to the Central Sikh Temple, his first public appearance since announcing his presidential bid.

“As a politically neutral person who can rise above politics, I will be in a better position to help unify our country so that our differences of views, our differences of political affiliations do not become divisions in our society and tear our society apart,” he added.

He noted that many Singaporeans want to see a balance between the presidency and the Government.

“This balance can be better achieved if we have a president who has never belonged to any political party,” he said, adding that he hopes this will raise the trust and confidence of people in him.

During his visit, Mr Ng had breakfast with the temple representatives, posed for pictures with some healthcare professionals of the Sikh community, and went through a blessings ritual.

He was accompanied by his brother Charles Ng, 60, a business adviser, who told The Straits Times that he would be supporting Mr Ng throughout his presidential campaign.

trs_94922.jpg

trs_93372.jpg

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...sident-can-better-unify-singapore-ng-kok-song