• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just TT the downpayment to the developer at 2.486 via cheque. I have also TT to my Malaysia account via cheque above the $10k RM limit, but they will internally TT $10k RM per day so as not to bust the legal limit. No service charge of S$10 since the amount are quite big. For those interested to know the remittance company: Global Remittance Pte Ltd at Hougang Plaza ground floor near the escalator.

Thanks , is good that no service charge for your case . Is a pity the place is too far for me. I did the same like you with Dollar exchange, they charged me service charge based on the number of TT to my malaysia bank account even the total remitted amount is more than 10k. They TT 3 times and charged me s$30 service charge.

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , for UOB credit card , they will waive the RM50 tax if u have a few transactions in the first month . i got the RM50 credit back to my acct liao
every month I got cash rebates abt RM30 for petrol , its a gd deal for ppl like me who pump petrol every weekly ... imagine a yr rebate abt RM360 liao ....

Thank u sis crystal..happy new year to u.

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I used KSL legal firm as KSL shared the same legal firm with RHB that I took the loan from. I recall it was very expensive as I was a late buyer - lots of little charges like foreigner's levy, transportation etc all added up to $17k+ RM, not counting another few k RM for the RHB legal fees. It was my first JB property and I blur blur paid up everything but it was still very cheap compared to my SG properties 3% levy. Anyway a few months after I bought the price of Bestari Heights went up a lot, so it was worth it :smile:

That time u bot, KSL did not absorb the foreigner levy and SAP agreement for u?
The phrase 2, they pay they foreigner state levy of ard 10k and also the SAP agreement.
I just got 2 quotes, between 13k to 15k for 950k loan.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That time u bot, KSL did not absorb the foreigner levy and SAP agreement for u?
The phrase 2, they pay they foreigner state levy of ard 10k and also the SAP agreement.
I just got 2 quotes, between 13k to 15k for 950k loan.

No, everything I had to pay.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks , is good that no service charge for your case . Is a pity the place is too far for me. I did the same like you with Dollar exchange, they charged me service charge based on the number of TT to my malaysia bank account even the total remitted amount is more than 10k. They TT 3 times and charged me s$30 service charge.

Yes, the place is quite remote and I'm the only local chap among the maids and foreign workers most of the time. The underground car park looks like those you might get robbed or raped :eek: It is very far for me too (thanks to my property agent who brought me there) as I stay in the west but they had my earlier records and I trust them with the level of service and amount. Pls rem to look for the lady as the guy is not willing to negotiate the rates.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys, needed some help here.

I've a unit in iskandar, it's recently completed. The unit is co-owned with a relative. The relative wished to pull out of the investment, and i'll "buy" over his share. Via transfer of ownership through "way of gift", so that we will not required to pay full sum of the SPA but only the % share.
I've checked with my banker, it seemed that the bank have a new policy which only allows re-financing at 50% of the valuation. Is that so for all the banks? Anyone have any recent experience?

anthonion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently just got my home loan approved by RHB, i don't intend to take the MRTA, but anyone can advise where to take such term insurance for more bang of the buck? I heard bank's MRTA is a rip off.
Pls enlighten .. Thanks

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keen to know also. Not sure Maybank's margin over SIBOR.

Still lower than BLR?

First of, the Maybank Singapore for Malaysia loan service is very pathetic. My friend is looking into Phase 4B in East Ledang. He called up the listed number 4-5 times and left messages before someone finally called up.

The person who called up from Maybank was more keen on pushing Singapore property loan. He was finally told by Maybank that they will NOT be able to finance phase 4B in East Ledang.

Also, my view is that although the initial interest rate may be lower, SIBOR seems to be a lot more volatile than Malaysia BLR. In the long run, you run the risk of paying much higher interest rates.

My suggestion would be to stick to a Malaysia bank. If you are financing a new property, you hardly pay any interest in the first 2 years anyway as the drawdown starts after 6 months and can extend to 2-4 years, depending on condo or landed. Due to competition, lot of banks run no lock in promotions, so you have more flexibility.

Also, if you are an investor and planning to rent out the propery later, you will be in a disadvantage as the rent will be collected in RM and you will have to convert to SGD to pay the mortgage.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows where to get bank loan for land purchase? how much can you borrow?

Very difficult these days for foreigners. Hong Leong Bank used to do it at around 5.5%, 69-70% loan, but stopped doing it recently. Some banks still do it, Maybank, Public Bank, but interest rates significantly higher. BLR + 2% as I heard. Also, given the rapid increase in prices over the last 6 months, you may have a hard time getting the banks to match valuation.

I believe it is easier to get loan for land + construction. But then, if you don't construct within the stipulated time, the penalties are steep.

Last edited:

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows where to get bank loan for land purchase? how much can you borrow?

U can try cimb and uob. Uob can give up to 90pct if that is residential land and its fall under first or second residential property . However , u need to construct the house within 2 years.

Cimb can provide up to 85pct , however , interest rate is not good... But u can apply flexi loan and pull money to cover the interest ...

Flames878

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. May I check what rate did UOB offer you? ie BLR - ? % for the 90% quantum? Anyone able to get BLR - 2.50% and 90% loan?

HSBC n Stanchart both need the CBS report. The new CBS report format even quantifies your credit rating from AA to HH with AA being the best credit rating and HH being worst. Prior to this, CBS reports didn't have such credit rankings. Btw if you ask for your CBS report too often, that gets reflected in the report and may lower your score too.