• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most competitive mortgage provider/bank

Hello bro sister,

I also looking for loan officers from Malayan bank and public bank for my friend... to buy house at setia tropika.

Anyone can give me contact bor?

Thank you.

bro, think current pbank not giving gd loan rate lei.. :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

dingdongrc - Your inbox is full. If you need my RHB contact, please clear your mailbox first then PM again. Cheers.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some questions:

1) Which is a good bank to open savings or current account? Highest interest rates?

2) Which banks are open on Sunday?

3) Is OCBC only open on Sunday at Molek? Is that place easy to find?

Thanks!

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some questions:

1) Which is a good bank to open savings or current account? Highest interest rates?

2) Which banks are open on Sunday?

3) Is OCBC only open on Sunday at Molek? Is that place easy to find?

Thanks!

Hi Wolverine,

I was asking some of the same questions myself.
currently this what I have... I am sure other bros and sis know more...

1. Malaysia Banks give higher interest rates than Singapore.
Their FD can go upto 3+% but if you really want your money to work for you
banks like Hong Leong and Public bank have a current account that will earn your the same interest as their housing loan to you.
That means you get the housing loan from them. e.g RM700,000 but you place $200,000 in their current account.
You will only be charged interest for RM500,000 which means you will pay off your loan a few years faster.
You can use the RM200,00 anytime you want as it is a current account with cheque book.

Some banks like OCBC allow you to pay more and deposit the extra money into the account.
Again this offsets the interest you need to pay and you can also withdraw the extra money when you need it. but min RM5000 per withdrawal.
So not as flexible as HL and PB.

2. MayBank has a branch in Bukit Indah Aeon that offers Sunday banking.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks!

In the end I went to OCBC at Taman Molek. OCBC interest rates are better.....

:smile:

Hi Wolverine,

I was asking some of the same questions myself.
currently this what I have... I am sure other bros and sis know more...

1. Malaysia Banks give higher interest rates than Singapore.
Their FD can go upto 3+% but if you really want your money to work for you
banks like Hong Leong and Public bank have a current account that will earn your the same interest as their housing loan to you.
That means you get the housing loan from them. e.g RM700,000 but you place $200,000 in their current account.
You will only be charged interest for RM500,000 which means you will pay off your loan a few years faster.
You can use the RM200,00 anytime you want as it is a current account with cheque book.

Some banks like OCBC allow you to pay more and deposit the extra money into the account.
Again this offsets the interest you need to pay and you can also withdraw the extra money when you need it. but min RM5000 per withdrawal.
So not as flexible as HL and PB.

2. MayBank has a branch in Bukit Indah Aeon that offers Sunday banking.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is RHB still the best rate?
Can also pm me the contact thanks..

Hi! I have PM'ed you. I have not compared the rates so you might need to search around for better rates. I'm already using RHB and it is near my JB house, so it is rather convenient for me. Cheers.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got offered by Hong Leong Islamic loan at -2.4 BLR from 6.6. No tie in period n early redemption penalty. All other terms r same as conventional loan. Sounds like a better package than conventional loan w 3 year tie in n early redemption penalty. Anyone w experience on Islamic loan?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just found out that the letter of offer has a "grace period profit". Any idea?

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got offered by Hong Leong Islamic loan at -2.4 BLR from 6.6. No tie in period n early redemption penalty. All other terms r same as conventional loan. Sounds like a better package than conventional loan w 3 year tie in n early redemption penalty. Anyone w experience on Islamic loan?

Maybank quote me -2.4 to -2.45 from 6.6 depending on loan amount. He say tied in 3 years but can pay until left 1 dollar. Just that the MRTA and the home insurance is compulsory. So far I only apply may bank cos there is this Sunday banking at bukit indah. I been there and very convenient.

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal

It means during construction phase of building, you pay only the interest and no principal, aka interest only loan.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Isn't that defined in pg 20 of the Islamic financing pdf u shared?

Thanks for the share. good info :wink:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I need more details than that :wink:

I will talk to the banker today for more details.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For flexi loan, is it better to start instalment repayment during construction period or wait till completion to start?

for my bank , i can only start the installment payment when the bank has disburse 50% ,there is some costs savings on interest if u start early ...