• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it better to start earlier or just deposit the same amount to save interest?

This guy handle my loan, one thing about him is he is very efficient (sporean style, not the slow motion type)
He even meet me on sat and anywhere since he is from mobile sales team.
Evan Choon Hui Swa Mortgage Consultant ,Mobile Sales Team (JB)
HP : +6016-722-3435 Tel : 07-219-3650 Fax : 07-2260-300 Whatsapp : +6016-718-3435
email : [email protected] / [email protected]
web : www.maybank2u.com.my

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, i dont think can borrow 90percent... most of the banks that I approached told me 85% is the most...and depend on the stability of the income as well as the credit report. Age of the borrower etc. May bank only offer me 25 years even I am only in my early 30s.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
if retired malaysian father wants to buy a rm200K low medium cost apartment and his son sporean become his co applicant get loan and pay for him, is there any issues?
co applicant but not co owner.
owner is ultimately still malaysian.
Thank you in advance!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
if retired malaysian father wants to buy a rm200K low medium cost apartment and his son sporean become his co applicant get loan and pay for him, is there any issues?
co applicant but not co owner.
owner is ultimately still malaysian.
Thank you in advance!

you've many future questions, good to engage a lawyer for advice. :smile:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happens if you already have 2 housing loans in Malaysia and another bank grants you new loan for your 3rd property at 90%?

(assuming you did not declare...)

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
you've many future questions, good to engage a lawyer for advice. :smile:

Just want to seek help from any brothers and sisters who might have came across the same problem as me.

And also for future people to reference if they face such problem.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just want to seek help from any brothers and sisters who might have came across the same problem as me.

And also for future people to reference if they face such problem.

1st, check w bankers to confirm..diff banks may have diff loan conditions.

Last edited:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy handle my loan, one thing about him is he is very efficient (sporean style, not the slow motion type)
He even meet me on sat and anywhere since he is from mobile sales team.
Evan Choon Hui Swa Mortgage Consultant ,Mobile Sales Team (JB)
HP : +6016-722-3435 Tel : 07-219-3650 Fax : 07-2260-300 Whatsapp : +6016-718-3435
email : [email protected] / [email protected]
web : www.maybank2u.com.my

Can you share what is youur loan package ??

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
-2.4 at 4.2 percent. Flexi loan with compulsory MRTA and home ins.
Credit card with 50 rm annually and cheque book at 5 rm monthly.
Depend on yr loan amount and according to them will try to nego a better rate for u

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debit card has much cheaper annual fee n is linked to savings acct, so I can also draw money from any ATM.

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe thank u FHBH, it's good to have u ard..like a big brother.:smile:
I dunno got debit card. I take maybank cos near our house and got Sunday banking.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happens if you already have 2 housing loans in Malaysia and another bank grants you new loan for your 3rd property at 90%?

(assuming you did not declare...)

Before the bank disburses the loan, the bank will check BNM CCRIS report to make sure the loan is not your third housing loan...I have fren bought 2 properties and applied via different banks where he already has one outstanding housing loan. Both banks gave 90pct loan via offer letter. However , upon loan disbursement , both banks manage to find out and require to top up 20pct and only manage to get one housing loan at 90pct and the other one at 70pct and went through a lot of hassle

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just TT the downpayment to the developer at 2.486 via cheque. I have also TT to my Malaysia account via cheque above the $10k RM limit, but they will internally TT $10k RM per day so as not to bust the legal limit. No service charge of S$10 since the amount are quite big. For those interested to know the remittance company: Global Remittance Pte Ltd at Hougang Plaza ground floor near the escalator.

Last edited:

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi FHbH, did u use ksl lawyer for the loan agreement? Can you roughly let me know how much is your legal fee based on $700k. Not sure if your time, did ksl offer free sap agreement.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi FHbH, did u use ksl lawyer for the loan agreement? Can you roughly let me know how much is your legal fee based on $700k. Not sure if your time, did ksl offer free sap agreement.

Yes, I used KSL legal firm as KSL shared the same legal firm with RHB that I took the loan from. I recall it was very expensive as I was a late buyer - lots of little charges like foreigner's levy, transportation etc all added up to $17k+ RM, not counting another few k RM for the RHB legal fees. It was my first JB property and I blur blur paid up everything but it was still very cheap compared to my SG properties 3% levy. Anyway a few months after I bought the price of Bestari Heights went up a lot, so it was worth it :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debit card has much cheaper annual fee n is linked to savings acct, so I can also draw money from any ATM.

hmm , for UOB credit card , they will waive the RM50 tax if u have a few transactions in the first month . i got the RM50 credit back to my acct liao
every month I got cash rebates abt RM30 for petrol , its a gd deal for ppl like me who pump petrol every weekly ... imagine a yr rebate abt RM360 liao ....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , for UOB credit card , they will waive the RM50 tax if u have a few transactions in the first month . i got the RM50 credit back to my acct liao
every month I got cash rebates abt RM30 for petrol , its a gd deal for ppl like me who pump petrol every weekly ... imagine a yr rebate abt RM360 liao ....

I go JB once or twice a month only. The thing I don't like about credit card is you must remember about payment and waiver else it becomes very expensive. I'm a very forgetful person in these matters. So I would rather use and pay immediately via debit card. If I need cash I can just draw from any ATM instead of carrying a pile of RM in my pocket. Peace of mind...