• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Is it a MUST to buy MRTA ??

Thks for all the infor, luckily I ask the agent cos at 1st he told me To buy MI, which have to pay a lot per month or yearly, after loan finished paying they will pay me back all the premiums I paid for the MI. if I want to transfer to other property if I sell the present one also can. But I told him I want a cheaper one then he told me just pay 5k. Got to find out later on ..... Thks for infor bros!

benzecry

Bank Account to get a Credit Card

While filling the application for credit card, there is a question, if I have saving account / checking account? Are there lesser chances to get approval for credit card if I don't have a bank account?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bank Account to get a Credit Card

Don't think so. Maybe they are concern on how you are going to settle your payment on time, such as whether u will have standing instruction link to the credit card etc? Did u know ask the officer?

While filling the application for credit card, there is a question, if I have saving account / checking account? Are there lesser chances to get approval for credit card if I don't have a bank account?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't think so. Maybe they are concern on how you are going to settle your payment on time, such as whether u will have standing instruction link to the credit card etc? Did u know ask the officer?

My bank loan give me free credit card.... Very smart doing business !

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

My bank loan give me free credit card.... Very smart doing business !

If you take up home loan with them , they will actually throw in Credit card as a freebie, If you are a PR, the qualification for Credit card is RM10,000 monthly income !

Jimmy1978

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't think it will really affect your chances of getting a credit card, I think banks only ask so that if u don't pay up, they can get the money out of your other accounts as a last resort. I opened a savings account with DBS recently, and they offered to throw in a credit card.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does anybody hold a MY credit card?

What is the criteria like? I am thinking of getting one for grocery/meal purposes rather than pay by cash as I don't like to carry notes around. I am still charging to my SG credit card as I don't spend that much and the lower currency conversion rate offered by the CC company does not impact me significantly.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro yonglip just got himself a CC from CIMB :smile:

Some loan package comes with Pre-approved CC too

Does anybody hold a MY credit card?

What is the criteria like? I am thinking of getting one for grocery/meal purposes rather than pay by cash as I don't like to carry notes around. I am still charging to my SG credit card as I don't spend that much and the lower currency conversion rate offered by the CC company does not impact me significantly.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far all the CC application forms I come across request for income statement? Will check with CIMB thanks!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't see any difference with the Sg banks? Income statement is needed to determine if you qualify for certain cards and also the credit limit (on top of your credit status)

So far all the CC application forms I come across request for income statement? Will check with CIMB thanks!

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

^^Hmm, I think it has been far too long since I applied for a new CC. Seem to get fresh cards without filling up application forms in SG and no proof of income!

Thanks anyway for the CIMB link. Will visit a nearby branch shortly to find out more on this.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Search in the last few pages in the main thread. He highlighted something. It was not given without some hassles but bro Yong lip had it his way :smile:

P/s: for me, I had to supply income proof for all my credit cards. Maybe elite group doesn't need to :p

^^Hmm, I think it has been far too long since I applied for a new CC. Seem to get fresh cards without filling up application forms in SG and no proof of income!

Thanks anyway for the CIMB link. Will visit a nearby branch shortly to find out more on this.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most competitive mortgage provider/bank

Yes, many banks offered better package and less tedious process indeed. All still under application, will update on the final package once I have gotte the offer :smile: thx

Hi DoA,
When you got Laguna, which bank and what rate finally? I am looking for a bank to finance a resale unit I am eyeing...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro contra, it was eventually HLB with rates as follow:

1st year 2.5
2nd year 2.45
3rd year onwards 2.4

So on average, it's still 2.4. Some banks can offer 2.45% throughtout, depending on the project, customer's profile and loan value etc.

For resale, it's different from buying from developer. For resale, u need to do a valuation to determine the value that a bank can lend u. The valuation and the asking price could differ a lot. So, You will need to check with all the banks to see what they could offer.

If buying from developer, a buyer needs not do valuation. Those bankers that u see at the sales office are normally the only ones that u should approach, because they are the ones that a developer has tied up with, and that the banks would had done their assessment to extend full loan value.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hi DoA,
When you got Laguna, which bank and what rate finally? I am looking for a bank to finance a resale unit I am eyeing...

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro contra, it was eventually HLB with rates as follow:

1st year 2.5
2nd year 2.45
3rd year onwards 2.4

So on average, it's still 2.4. Some banks can offer 2.45% throughtout, depending on the project, customer's profile and loan value etc.

For resale, it's different from buying from developer. For resale, u need to do a valuation to determine the value that a bank can lend u. The valuation and the asking price could differ a lot. So, You will need to check with all the banks to see what they could offer.

If buying from developer, a buyer needs not do valuation. Those bankers that u see at the sales office are normally the only ones that u should approach, because they are the ones that a developer has tied up with, and that the banks would had done their assessment to extend full loan value.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hi bro, it helps indeed. I went to HSBC for a resale prop and they got valuation but as you said, both their valuers gave -25% less than Market Price, citing that they could assess based mainly on developer prices plus some increments. Appreciate if you can PM me the contact in HLB, and hope they can be better on valuation , if not offer

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, check with other local banks. I reckon that they will be able to do a better valuation.

Yup, have responded PM.

Cheers

Hi bro, it helps indeed. I went to HSBC for a resale prop and they got valuation but as you said, both their valuers gave -25% less than Market Price, citing that they could assess based mainly on developer prices plus some increments. Appreciate if you can PM me the contact in HLB, and hope they can be better on valuation , if not offer

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last Saturday, I was at SEG for the SPA signing. There was a CIMB rep and spoke to her about mortgate plans. This was the offer:

Loan type: Flexi
Max loan: 85%
Max loan tenure: 22 years (base on our age)
Lock-in first 3-years interest at 4.5%
After 3 years interest at BLR -2.4%

One-time setp fee: RM200
Monthly charge: RM10

I will talk to other banks next weekend to see what they have to offer.

Last edited:

angelgemini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bank: RHB

Loan type: Flexi
Max loan: 90% + 5% (MRTA/MLTA)
Max loan tenure: 35 years (base on our age)
Interest at BLR -2.45% (for 300k and above) and BLR - 2.5% (for above 500k)
Lock in period: 3 years.

One-time setp fee: NA
Monthly charge: NA
Extra deposit/withdraw minimum 1k and 1 transaction per-day. (from saving account to Loan account).
By email, online banking (end of this 2012 year), fax and loan branch.

xploral

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home loan from Malaysia Banks .

All Bro and Sis. I wondering anyone had start this thread or not? If not, let me kick start!

Planning to get property in JB for the newbie like me. I am just wondering the home loan interest rate from Malaysia Bank or any bank around there in Malaysia!
Or should the property developer offer better rate than the Bank?
Currently, I had two information . from the iproperty.com.my. It quoted 6.6%.. IS It high?

Any kind soul please enlighten me . Thanks!:smile:

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Home loan from Malaysia Banks .

Maybe you can start from here..

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?109469-Most-competitive-mortgage-provider-bank

All Bro and Sis. I wondering anyone had start this thread or not? If not, let me kick start!

Planning to get property in JB for the newbie like me. I am just wondering the home loan interest rate from Malaysia Bank or any bank around there in Malaysia!
Or should the property developer offer better rate than the Bank?
Currently, I had two information . from the iproperty.com.my. It quoted 6.6%.. IS It high?

Any kind soul please enlighten me . Thanks!:smile: