• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most competitive mortgage provider/bank

Hello bro, by any chance, do u have her email address please? Thanks

Hi bro, Alliance can loan up to 85%.
You can look for Ms Ngo Lee Theng at Taman Nusa Bestari branch.
Her mobile is 017 211 3936
Office is 607 237 8350

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, the package I was offered today was so different. -2.4 if I apply their credit card, otherwise 2.3. Lock in 3 years upon completion of construction. I kept persuading her to offer a better package using yours as a benchmark, but to no avail. Think I have to give this a miss ... :(

Hi all,

Care to share that in your experience, which bank offers the most competitve mortgage package?

I have approached local bank Alliance and am inclined to take up their package due to below factors:
1. BLR-2.45 (for loan of RM$400,000 and above)
2. Flexi loan (no cap on the amount put into the account to offset interest)
3. No monthly maintenance fee
4 No lock in
5 One-time setup fee of RM$100
6 Cheque book

Hope to generate an informative discussion. =)

Cheers

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal

Adoi, how come she like that? Change so fast? So have you found any other bank that offers a better rate?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, many banks offered better package and less tedious process indeed. All still under application, will update on the final package once I have gotte the offer :smile: thx

Adoi, how come she like that? Change so fast? So have you found any other bank that offers a better rate?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it a MUST to buy MRTA ??

My agent told me have to get this.... To cover for loan balance if anything happen ??? I dun even know what it stands for......

He told me to buy MI which I think is not worth cos have to pay every month or annually...
After loan finish they pay me all the money I pay for the MI... With this money I can buy another unit already!! 90 k plus per year..... Can transfer to other house, can get refund after loan finish?

Get loan from bank, then bank also give us credit card?? So good?? They really know how to earn our $$$$$$!

Can any bros tell me what do I have to pay?? Really headache!

1)lawyer fee
2)consent fee
3) MRTA
4) levy
5) agent fee
6) ??
7) ??
8) ??
9 ??

They good friends with PAP?? :biggrin:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Is it a MUST to buy MRTA ??

it various on banks...

alliance bank said they require me to buy? alright, since im buying a bike and it protects against it, i bought it..

5k rm for 15 years...

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro LGLAB,

Your RM5k for 15 years is very good. I am paying around RM10k for the same period of coverage.

Mind telling me how much your loan amount is?

it various on banks...

alliance bank said they require me to buy? alright, since im buying a bike and it protects against it, i bought it..

5k rm for 15 years...

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro LG and mr camera man, what bike u riding?? LG bro I think is RXZ? Anyone into Harley? U mean yr RXZ is Malaysia registered?

Btw he thread is about property......no solution for that??:*::p

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal

My agent told me have to get this.... To cover for loan balance if anything happen ??? I dun even know what it stands for......

MRTA is mortgage reducing term assurance. The amount assured is the balance of the home loan and it reduces as you pay off the mortgage. The length or term will often be the loan tenure.

Personally, I think it's very important if the house is for own stay with family and you are main bread winner. If anything happen to you (death, disability, terminal illness) then your family won't have to worry about monthly mortgage on top of their sorrow/worry for you lor. They will always have a roof over their head that is fully paid for.

But for investment or if other family members work also then not so bad la. Still it could become a fully paid up passive income stream for them. I know some banks insists la, so no choice but it's not a bad thing.

Btw I'm not an insurance agent ah. Just someone who believes in adequate coverage.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

MRTA is mortgage reducing term assurance. The amount assured is the balance of the home loan and it reduces as you pay off the mortgage. The length or term will often be the loan tenure.

Personally, I think it's very important if the house is for own stay with family and you are main bread winner. If anything happen to you (death, disability, terminal illness) then your family won't have to worry about monthly mortgage on top of their sorrow/worry for you lor. They will always have a roof over their head that is fully paid for.

But for investment or if other family members work also then not so bad la. Still it could become a fully paid up passive income stream for them. I know some banks insists la, so no choice but it's not a bad thing.

Btw I'm not an insurance agent ah. Just someone who believes in adequate coverage.

Thks bro.... Appreciate that

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish I got house in JB to pay MRTA for but I'm still renting here so can't help you with that.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish I got house in JB to pay MRTA for but I'm still renting here so can't help you with that.

Oh i see... Maybe next time u kana toto can buy few units in JB and start collecting rentals!!:biggrin:

Andhika

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys, I have shorlisted a property to purchase at Setia Tropika. The sales office informed me that they will arrange for the bank offers (from 5 banks). However, I was informed the max loan banks can give to foreigners is up to 80%. Is this true? Do you guys have any recommendations?

Jimmy1978

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which bank offers the best FD rate for non-residents?

I think dbs bank singapore u can open a FD account.... If I remember correctly, one of my friends (from Vietnam) had a FD account with them. Not sure about their FD rate though..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree with that, some banks will insist but others may back down if you push back hard enough

HHGolf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Personally I feel important to protect my wife & family against any liabilities in any cases I not around...

Unless you buy house for short term investment, some bank does allow using life insurance to offset MRTA...