• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bank mailed me a new CC today

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Told me they were upgrading the existing CC technology and mailed me a new CC with some microchip inside it.

Anyone of you got a new card out of the blue?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which bank? I thought they replace sometime ago. All my credit card now has smart chips, even my AMEX was changed last year

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which bank? I thought they replace sometime ago. All my credit card now has smart chips, even my AMEX was changed last year

Dbs bank. Say the card has atm function, new number(Duh) and new chip. My present card has atm function too so must be some new smart chip that my present card lacks.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is weird.. It was an MAS regulation that all credit cards must have the EMV smart chips installed. Which Dbs card is that?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a good thing, and about time. Some online transactions only accept credit cards with a microchip.

DBS is slow as hell. As usual.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
holy shit so i didn't have that technology in my card all along. wtf it's 2012 and they just started using it and other banks been using it since 2009?

I trust activating my new card is going to take ages. I still don't have the atm pin mailed to me yet.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just got an SMS from DBS saying a replacement card will be sent to me. Strange.. I remember it was just replaced couple of years ago and has the EMV chip. And the expiry date is 2015!

What's going on? :eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got my new VISA card this week after reporting suspicious charges on my previous statement. To Maybanks credit they immediately froze my old credit card & issued me a new one. I wonder what banks like DBS would have done, make me jump through hoops :confused:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
in malaysia, their credit card machine wont accept your credit card if it doesnt have the chip.

all their cc's have the chip even their malaysian ic since many years ago.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
only sinkie will park their money in sinkie banks...

and which bank screwed up the most, Your sinkie DBS bank... enough said..