• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AWARE Sex Guide Suspended

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps you should have asked both women why they appeared to put up with such comments or did they???
Recently, I attended a Christian service of a 50-year-old man and woman. What made me sick was that the pastor made the woman promise to be obedient to the man! This woman raised two children single-handedly after her husband's serial infidelities, ran her own business to support them, and she is now told that she has to be obedient to a man.

At another wedding, a dynamic, highly successful young women marrying a bit of a lacklustre man was also told that she had to be obedient to her husband.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should go back to ancient days, and take your Leviticus with you. You'll be safe and sound there, and we won't need to be subjected to your most perverse normality.

Since you mentioned Leviticus:

From THE WEST WING “The Midterms”

BARTLET
Forgive me, Dr. Jacobs. Are you an M.D.?

JENNA JACOBS
Ph.D.

BARTLET
A Ph.D.?

JENNA JACOBS
Yes, sir.

BARTLET
In Psychology?

JENNA JACOBS
No sir.

BARTLET
Theology?

JENNA JACOBS
No.

BARTLET
Social work?

JENNA JACOBS
I have a Ph.D. in English Literature.

BARTLET
I’m asking, ’cause on your show, people call in for advice and you go by the name of Dr. Jacobs on your show. And I didn’t know if maybe your listeners were confused by that, and assumed you had advanced training in Psychology, Theology, or health care.

JENNA JACOBS
I don’t believe they are confused, no sir.

BARTLET
Good. I like your show. I like how you call homosexuality an abomination.

JENNA JACOBS
I don’t say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President. The Bible does.

BARTLET
Yes, it does. Leviticus.

JENNA JACOBS
18:22

BARTLET
Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I had you here.

I’m interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She’s a Georgetown sophomore, speaks fluent Italian, and always clears the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be?

While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff, LeoO McGarry, insists on working on the Sabbath, Exodus 35:2, clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police?

Here’s one that’s really important, ’cause we’ve got a lot of sports fans in this town. Touching the skin of a dead pig makes us unclean, Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point?

Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother, John, for planting different crops side by side?

Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads?

-------------------------
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 18:22

Just some comic relief for the odd occasion when some Christian nutter starts shoving the Old Testament in my face

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tongue in cheek bro to point out how trivial the matter is. The word "fuck" is part of the vocab in an appropriate situation across the vast spectrum of the English speaking world from the highly intelligent to the dimwit. It is no longer a measure of any significance for anything.

lodged a police complain? what for?? those les may drown the police by spitting salivas on them....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe.... the word with most diverse applications and probably the word that can be used in every possible context except in very rare instances.

Then again, who gives a flying fuck.

The usage of the word fuck (as seen on /., reprinted for your convenience):

The usage of the word fuck

daily speech. It will identify the quality of your character immediately.
Say it loudly and proudly : "FUCK YOU !!!"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent, made my day. Reminds me of a Singaporean Persian that many level headed advisors turn to for the words of the Koran. This guy is no angel but he has got the Koran down pat.

Since you mentioned Leviticus:

From THE WEST WING “The Midterms”

BARTLET
Forgive me, Dr. Jacobs. Are you an M.D.?

JENNA JACOBS
Ph.D.

BARTLET
A Ph.D.?

JENNA JACOBS
Yes, sir.

BARTLET
In Psychology?

JENNA JACOBS
No sir.

BARTLET
Theology?

JENNA JACOBS
No.

BARTLET
Social work?

JENNA JACOBS
I have a Ph.D. in English Literature.

BARTLET
I’m asking, ’cause on your show, people call in for advice and you go by the name of Dr. Jacobs on your show. And I didn’t know if maybe your listeners were confused by that, and assumed you had advanced training in Psychology, Theology, or health care.

JENNA JACOBS
I don’t believe they are confused, no sir.

BARTLET
Good. I like your show. I like how you call homosexuality an abomination.

JENNA JACOBS
I don’t say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President. The Bible does.

BARTLET
Yes, it does. Leviticus.

JENNA JACOBS
18:22

BARTLET
Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I had you here.

I’m interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She’s a Georgetown sophomore, speaks fluent Italian, and always clears the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be?

While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff, LeoO McGarry, insists on working on the Sabbath, Exodus 35:2, clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police?

Here’s one that’s really important, ’cause we’ve got a lot of sports fans in this town. Touching the skin of a dead pig makes us unclean, Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point?

Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother, John, for planting different crops side by side?

Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads?

You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 18:22

Just some comic relief for the odd occasion when some Christian nutter starts shoving the Old Testament in my face

bellepepper02

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps you should have asked both women why they appeared to put up with such comments or did they???

I didn't dare ask. Women are always wrapped up in a bubble of fantasy on their wedding day and they might think I was trying to spoil things for them. I did however inadvertently let out a big gasp when the pastor said that, and everyone turned around to look at me! I pretended I was having a coughing fit!

Reminds me of another wedding a long time ago when I was asked to be a witness at a Catholic service. I had to stand next to the couple. The priest spoke about the guy's and girl's different roles, and realised that I had a disgusted look on my face. So he repeated what he said, and said "Yes?" trying to force me to agree. I just looked straight ahead and refused to answer. He kept trying for a few times. The atmosphere was so tense. But I persisted. Then he gave up. The groom told me later he didn't think he was going to get married that day!

bellepepper02

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I read that recently, and thought it provided really good fodder to throw back at the Bible-citers. Shows how ridiculous it all is, how they are just singling out one thing over other stuff the Old Testament prohibits just because it suits them.

Just like the convenient way they select to interpret signs from God. You know, SARS is a sign that God is angry with us for legalising abortion. The tsunami not reaching us is a sign that FM's and company's prayers worked. But the success of the old guard at the AWARE EGM is somehow not a sign that God thought the organisation belonged with the old guard!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told of a story of a hindu teacher attached to the curriculumn developement unit of MOE who started a trend by not following the usual Hindu ritual where the marriage vows are recited by the priest in sanskit.

Apparently, the vows in sanskrit first bethroes the bride to the priest first and then to groom as hindu priest were held the high ground centuries ago.

He wrote his own vows.

I am with you on this.

I didn't dare ask. Women are always wrapped up in a bubble of fantasy on their wedding day and they might think I was trying to spoil things for them. I did however inadvertently let out a big gasp when the pastor said that, and everyone turned around to look at me! I pretended I was having a coughing fit!

Reminds me of another wedding a long time ago when I was asked to be a witness at a Catholic service. I had to stand next to the couple. The priest spoke about the guy's and girl's different roles, and realised that I had a disgusted look on my face. So he repeated what he said, and said "Yes?" trying to force me to agree. I just looked straight ahead and refused to answer. He kept trying for a few times. The atmosphere was so tense. But I persisted. Then he gave up. The groom told me later he didn't think he was going to get married that day!

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tongue in cheek bro to point out how trivial the matter is. The word "fuck" is part of the vocab in an appropriate situation across the vast spectrum of the English speaking world from the highly intelligent to the dimwit. It is no longer a measure of any significance for anything.

i am not so sophiscated in the whole ocean of english language, but to use the 'fuck' is low-class, uncivil behaviour, it's equal to a highly educated brain with a behaviour of an animal.... tell Obama to use this word during his inauguration and see what is the outcome...

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, I attended a Christian service of a 50-year-old man and woman. What made me sick was that the pastor made the woman promise to be obedient to the man! This woman raised two children single-handedly after her husband's serial infidelities, ran her own business to support them, and she is now told that she has to be obedient to a man.

then you obviously do not know the whole context of the bible..man is the head of the family, and his role is to provide, only when he cannot take up the leadership role, then woman will take over the duty. The reason is obvious, children are quick learners and observer, they will imitate and learn whatever the father act and speak..if the woman do not listen and do not submit, children will be confuse, and eventually when they grew up, they cannot submit to the authority...

At another wedding, a dynamic, highly successful young women marrying a bit of a lacklustre man was also told that she had to be obedient to her husband.

This is a classic case of love is blind, why shld a woman want to marry a lacklustre man?? dun as pastor, ask the woman....

Both pastors also said husband must protect wife--they said that was why woman was made from Adam's rib, so he could hold her under his armpit and protect her.

This kind of silliness is what makes me sick.

I dun understand why this will make you sick? every country, from china, to india, to america, to europe to asia, all practises man taking the responsiblity to take care of woman..if this simple fact can make u sick, u ought to see a phyciatrist....

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun understand why this will make you sick? every country, from china, to india, to america, to europe to asia, all practises man taking the responsiblity to take care of woman..if this simple fact can make u sick, u ought to see a phyciatrist....

she is a dyke..:eek::biggrin:

bellepepper02

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not so sophiscated in the whole ocean of english language, but to use the 'fuck' is low-class, uncivil behaviour, it's equal to a highly educated brain with a behaviour of an animal.... tell Obama to use this word during his inauguration and see what is the outcome...

If you are "not so sophisticated in the whole ocean of English language," then who are you to make pronouncements on what is low class and high class in the use of English?