• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Austin Heights/Adda Heights

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you know i have a m'sian classmate who sold his house, his car, quit his job, his wife quit her job, to relocate here, ... just so that his son can get a singaporean education. you're doing the opposite. i'm not criticizing your decision cos all this is personal, but.. just think about it.

May not worth it now. SG education is good up to secondary level. Beyond tt no.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok.. maybe i was too vague or my analgy no good..

but what is my meaning is... your dilemma is not whether you should move to JB, but how to rent out your AH house, and whether the rental is really worth it. since you're already owner of a singapore landed home, financially it can't be that much of a burden to own a house in JB (equity loan and so on). so why even think about moving to JB and all the logistical problems that come with it (your original dilemma) - including putting your kid to the trouble of getting up early, or moving his education to malaysia? At most, you rent out your AH home cheap just to cover some of the interest payments. why twist your whole life into a pretzel just to accomodate what should purely be a minor (to you) financial issue?

Quite true, also a bit worried about safety if we relocate there. Mebbe because i am a first time landlord so feeling jittery. Actually, it was triggered by my spouse job instability too. But may not be worth the hassle to move still.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No good. So many graduates w those degrees. Overseas renowned uni better. Less effort more recognition.

oversea renowned uni cost a bomb, unless you are presidents' scholar, then i got nothing to say :smile:
local uni and poly grad got standard one in this region. really.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
And in a mature economy that is not able to grow fast enough to absorb e uni grads. Any guess y ITE was chosen as e venue for National Day Rally?

Now in Singapore, anyhow throw a stone, you will hit someone with a degree lor. Apart from the 5 unis, there are those private and distance learning degrees, so very soon got to lelong.

For ITE (it's the end) must be very few for the industries and the general economy as pay not good so less attractive to youngsters and so few would take this route.

And they import so many FT at this level also to compete and depress the salary, so lagi less Singaporeans want to go to ITE I guess.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now in Singapore, anyhow throw a stone, you will hit someone with a degree lor. Apart from the 5 unis, there are those private and distance learning degrees, so very soon got to lelong.

For ITE (it's the end) must be very few for the industries and the general economy as pay not good so less attractive to youngsters and so few would take this route.

And they import so many FT at this level also to compete and depress the salary, so lagi less Singaporeans want to go to ITE I guess.

remote gate broke down today, cannot drive car out, took a cab and driver looks so young like in his 20s?tho he says he is near 40. think many degree holders also end up as agents or cab drivers in spore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

ITE is to ensure everyone, even the less traditionally academically inclined (flunk o level, cannot go poly etc), will have an education (in this case, a vocational skills training) and not roam the streets, until they go to NS. 12% of the top ITE students will go to poly. there is a new DES (direct entry sceheme) for ITE now which give priority to poly entry upon succesful completion of the higher nitec course. It is also a certification course for lower skilled workers (night class, part time training) in line with workskils development (WSQ certification). Overall, a decent plan by MOE.

Last edited:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Austin Hgts price lower than Adda Hgts

Seriously thinking of moving to stay in Austin Heights and rent out my terrace in Singapore if the AH unit cannot be rented out. As i have schooldoing children, may i ask what time i need to leave to get him to school by 730 am? Anyone living near here doing the daily commute with children?

You have to leave no later than 5.40am. The checkpoints are unpredictable. If smooth, before 6.30am reach woodlands. If jam, then they will be late for school. If you can afford, stay put in Sg. It's not the kid will suffer, but the driver is very stress to get them to school on time.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Recd SMS fm developer.....

Your LAST chance to own a landed house in Austin Residence@Mount Austin. Last 38 units. Sales promo 8 to 10 Nov 2013.

Plse call: 0167684594 / 0177274524

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recd SMS fm developer.....

Your LAST chance to own a landed house in Austin Residence@Mount Austin. Last 38 units. Sales promo 8 to 10 Nov 2013.

Plse call: 0167684594 / 0177274524

Received from different agents sms, also stating "Sales Promo"..:rolleyes::confused::biggrin:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I
Price and specs, please?

My bro pre-booked and signed SPA for an intermediate DSTAustin Hill @ closed to MYR630K net for land size 24x80. That's all I heard.

Last edited: