• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and Patek Philippe Nautilus 2-in-1

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
omega-seamaster-diver-300m-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21022422001002-5f990a.png

Saw some reputable 2nd hand shop selling for 8k

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I now look at Omega Seamaster ...price more gentle with good spec
I am a huge Seamaster fan. I have three of them. Models from the late 1990s and early 2000s are my choices. Got them new those days for $2K to $3K each. They use the ETA movement, none of that complicated coaxial stuff, ceramic bezel insert and jacked up prices. But yes, Seamaster prices are not as crazy as Rolex's.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a huge Seamaster fan. I have three of them. Models from the late 1990s and early 2000s are my choices. Got them new those days for $2K to $3K each. They use the ETA movement, none of that complicated coaxial stuff, ceramic bezel insert and jacked up prices. But yes, Seamaster prices are not as crazy as Rolex's.
Omega give Rolex run for our hard earn miney...their anti_magnetism is 1.5Tesla - higher than the normal Ball Watch. WR is also 300m , higher than overpriced Tudor 200m Black Bay.

If u choose the normal model, I saw some shops clearing the few month old sets at 5k range, c/w official papers and warranty from Swatch.

But recent time no good...better keep my powder dry dry

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good time killing experience over weekends, money can be save rather than wasted for indulging unmeaningful or sinful activities lah

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
U look at the Shophouse Crazy price...smart and sharp eye folks know that $$$$ purchase value is shrinking fast....the trend is likely to continue at least in medium term

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
More down to earth....their anti_magnetism is 1.5Tesla - higher than the normal Ball Watch. WR is also 300m , higher than overpriced Tudor 200m Black Bay
But they are trying to up their image, hence they have upped their prices. I feel they have lost their tool watch business philosophy. Just like Rolex, starting from the 1980s. All trying to position themselves as luxury watch makers. I like Tudor, their specs are better than Rolex's for less money.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My most favorite Seamaster. The beauty and the beast encapsulated into one. Relatively lightweight thanks to the full titanium build. Too bad I couldn't afford it back then. Manage to see and hold it at the watch shop and man it was such a desirable watch ! I can feel my testosterone level raised when trying it in my wrist. :laugh:

83246660_934-3612538444.jpg

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My most favorite Seamaster. The beauty and the beast encapsulated into one. Relatively lightweight thanks to the full titanium build. Too bad I couldn't afford it back then. Manage to see and hold it at the watch shop and man it was such a desirable watch ! I can feel my testosterone level raised when trying it in my wrist. :laugh:
Sounds like you're talking about the union of your mei mei and you. :laugh:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

View attachment 197335
It's a beauty. From the mid-1990s to 2000s. One of my cousins have one. You should get one, they are still available. We only live once. BTW, the watch in the photo has an aftermarket bezel insert. Original aluminum inserts have a more flushed lume pip. And the blue colour is off, needs to be a steel blue shade.

Omega-1995-Seamaster-300M-Chrono-Diver212494-6_900x.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a beauty. From the mid-1990s to 2000s. One of my cousins have one. You should get one, they are still available. We only live once. BTW, the watch in the photo has an aftermarket bezel insert. Original aluminum inserts have a more flushed lume pip. And the blue colour is off, needs to be a steel blue shade.

Omega-1995-Seamaster-300M-Chrono-Diver212494-6_900x.jpg
The most beautiful of them all, the two-tone titanium chronograph. What a beauty ....

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
But they are trying to up their image, hence they have upped their prices. I feel they have lost their tool watch business philosophy. Just like Rolex, starting from the 1980s. All trying to position themselves as luxury watch makers. I like Tudor, their specs are better than Rolex's for less money.
At least Omega marketing still smart enough to price their basic model realistically...maybe Swatch Group is a public listed company, things are more transparent

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
images

Saving up for this one....must continue to jiak Gardenia with Kaya for few more quarters..

My indon frind told me...Surabaya selling this at 8-9k SGD....buy oversea set alot issue

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
images

Saving up for this one....must continue to jiak Gardenia with Kaya for few more quarters..

My indon frind told me...Surabaya selling this at 8-9k SGD....buy oversea set alot issue
Get one octagonal watch lah. Octagon is 八卦, can 避邪挡煞。