• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal FC 2008/2009 Sign In Here !!!

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not get carried away with the 4-0 win against Twente. Sure it might boost morale somewhat, but in truth, Twente is not exactly a strong side. They qualified for the CL through a late season surge, and also their coach from last season is gone, and replaced by Steve Mclaren, who we all know is clueless :biggrin:

Still, as i mentioned, i hope it can raise the team morale a little after 2 bad games in the EPL. I pray and hope :smile:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 out of 3,but we are on borrow time and luck.
if still do not buck up,sooner luck will run out.

the team's morale will be boasted by this performance,it will give them more confident.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
chelsea has signed robinho.....they look stronger under new coach scolari......man u & liverpool didn't look that impressive in the early stages of the epl campaign but liverpool still has a 100% record.....while man u may eventually get berbatov.....with c ronaldo returning.....man u will get better......so where does the gunners going 2 b......?????......i suspect wenger will concentrate on the ECL & try 2 get a forth place finishing in the epl tiz seasons......i really can't see arsenal 4 the epl title.......another disappointing seasons 4 us gunners' fan again......:(

TaurusGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal will win Newcastle by 2 goals or more looking at the handicap now. Good luck to all gunners supporters. Fabregas is back.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
congratulation to All Gunners,another resounding victory.
with Fabregas back in action,Gunners is very exciting to watch.
the most important thing now,dun get burn out too fast just like last season.
hope they learnt from last season.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
a brilliant win by the gunners......cesc fabregas return does wonders 2 this team.....letz hope that he will stay injury free......:smile:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
another good performance by the Gunners.
if Fabregas can remain injury free,it will be good for the Gunners.
he really enhance the way Arsenal plays.

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So disappointing....Arsenal did not make any signings before the transfer deadline. Now with Man City coming into the pic with big money...I am really worried about the possibilty of winning any trophy for this season or next, if things are going to remain in this way with Arsenal as a selling club, it will be quite sometime before the glory days are back.....Seems like the Arabs are thinking of getting Fabregas as well....hope this is never happen

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously hope Arsenal gets knocked out of Top 4. Why? Only then will they be able to wake up their idea and let a foreign investor buy them.

Chelsea got bought, MU, Pool, Man City, and not yet Arsenal. I know Gunner fans don't love to hear this, but the world is changing, this is not 100 years ago. Things change and clubs must change their traditional thinking of not letting a foreign investment group buy it.

With more funds, Wenger will be able to afford more salary for current crop of players and prevent them from leaving. Many may say these players are not loyal, cmon, this is their bread and butter and they can play till early 30s at most. Extra 10K pounds a week can be a lot of money in years.

I don't wish to see Arsenal change their tradition, but with an added injection of foreign ownership, more investments. More money for players and everyone will be happy. Happy players produce results. Wenger's hands are tied and putting up a brave front because he has not much cash. The board says going to give him 30mill. What can 30 mill do when the best players are all leaving. 1 30 million player cannot replace that 1 player who left and accustomed to team play.

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously hope Arsenal gets knocked out of Top 4. Why? Only then will they be able to wake up their idea and let a foreign investor buy them.

Chelsea got bought, MU, Pool, Man City, and not yet Arsenal. I know Gunner fans don't love to hear this, but the world is changing, this is not 100 years ago. Things change and clubs must change their traditional thinking of not letting a foreign investment group buy it.

With more funds, Wenger will be able to afford more salary for current crop of players and prevent them from leaving. Many may say these players are not loyal, cmon, this is their bread and butter and they can play till early 30s at most. Extra 10K pounds a week can be a lot of money in years.

I don't wish to see Arsenal change their tradition, but with an added injection of foreign ownership, more investments. More money for players and everyone will be happy. Happy players produce results. Wenger's hands are tied and putting up a brave front because he has not much cash. The board says going to give him 30mill. What can 30 mill do when the best players are all leaving. 1 30 million player cannot replace that 1 player who left and accustomed to team play.

Yes you are right, I would also think that a rich sugardaddy wont hurt the club. We are losing our best players every year, Viera, Edu, Henry, Helb, Flamini etc....the list is growing every season if this continue, very soon Fabregas will leave too. We need Fabregas as he is our last world class player....It is good to groom the youngster but at the same time there must be a few experinced players to guide them too.....

As fot the 30 mil transfer budget...I guess it is a political thing to say so....he can even say he got 100 mil to buy new players...but Wenger just not going to use it or maybe Wenger was restricted to use it:confused:

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup i agree with the above 2 post.....time 2 make changes 2 the board of directors......itz not just the players that r going 2 leave.....wenger will leave too & that will b the end of an era 4 the gunners......

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup i agree with the above 2 post.....time 2 make changes 2 the board of directors......itz not just the players that r going 2 leave.....wenger will leave too & that will b the end of an era 4 the gunners......

wenger is not a money man, if not he would have left. luckily he belongs to the category of someone who believes in playing beautiful passing football and has been sticking to it. but in his lifetime, he would never see his beautiful passing football continue to win championships consistently if the board is not changed.

Those old heads are only interested to line their pockets resisting foreign ownership. Foreign ownership will allow the club to maximise its earnings potential. Those current old heads are only keen to keep more money get more dividends every season ends. Ask them for 10 million pounds to buy players, and although they don't make noise but in their hearts, it hurts their end of year bonus

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
tatz y itz sad & fustrating 4 us gunners fan......there will never b much improvement as long as this board of directors r around.....i m just glad wenger is still around despite all that crap he has 2 deal with.....

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
tatz y itz sad & fustrating 4 us gunners fan......there will never b much improvement as long as this board of directors r around.....i m just glad wenger is still around despite all that crap he has 2 deal with.....

there is a new CEO coming in to make more $$. But it is probable that a rich sugar daddy will pop in to buy Arsenal.

But who can fight with Abu Dhabi group? Or Dubai consortium? U are talking 500 billion leh! Even Abravomich also 7billion niah.

Maybe the Qataris or the Kuwaitis are coming in.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
the performance by Theo Walcott for England against Croatia will be welcome by the Wenger and Gunners.
he is slowing maturing and begin to show his potential.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
arsenal did well with adebayor the hat-trick hero this time.......theo walcott give an overall good performance with an assist in the opening goal.....great work gunners.......:biggrin: