• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ARRRRGGGG....PUIIIII.....*YUCKS!!!* - Guess the Race

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I said in post #36... ie that anyone can be a free thinker in a secular society.

In a muslim country where Islamic law is enforced, it is up to the clerics to decide what is allowed and what isn't. They can outlaw all other religions if they so choose. When madmen make laws, reason goes out of the window.

However, Islam specifically states that Muslims are allowed to marry "People of the Book" which includes Jews and Christians without them having to convert. That is why my friend's father and mother, a Muslim and a Catholic respectively, had a happy and productive marriage that lasted more than 50 years. The Children were given an option to choose either religion or none.

So Malaysia is considered secular or Muslim? I am not sure but I think they cannot choose the religion or marry non-Muslim, but they don't have strict Islamic laws either...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So Malaysia is considered secular or Muslim? I am not sure but I think they cannot choose the religion or marry non-Muslim, but they don't have strict Islamic laws either...

Malaysia is a hybrid society. Muslims are subject to Islamic law while non Muslims are subject to secular laws inherited from the British Colonialists.

To what degree Islamic law is imposed has historically been decided upon at State level with the Eastern States generally leaning more towards fundamentalism and the Western States being more liberal.

Many Arab states allow the marriage of muslims to non muslims. Malaysia forbids it because they are worried about the dilution of the Islamic faith.