• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ARRRRGGGG....PUIIIII.....*YUCKS!!!* - Guess the Race

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Persian descent people can choose your own religion? not born into it?

I had nothing to be born into. Neither of my parents had a religion.

Persians are no different from any other ethnicity on earth. Some are religious. Many can't be bothered.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Oic so Persian descent people can be free thinker...

Anyone can be a free thinker in secular society regardless of their ancestry. Chinese can be free thinkers too I believe. They are not forced to burn joss sticks and make a nuisance of themselves on a regular basis.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can be a free thinker in secular society regardless of their ancestry. Chinese can be free thinkers too I believe. They are not forced to burn joss sticks and make a nuisance of themselves on a regular basis.

I thought Muslim cannot choose to be free thinker?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I thought Muslim cannot choose to be free thinker?

I have a friend who used to be a Muslim who is now a free thinker so I don't have a clue where you got that idea from.

I have another buddy who is from South Africa. His father was a Muslim and his mother was Catholic. He chose to be Catholic.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who used to be a Muslim who is now a free thinker so I don't have a clue where you got that idea from.

I have another buddy who is from South Africa. His father was a Muslim and his mother was Catholic. He chose to be Catholic.

Really? all along I thought they have no choice as they are born into Muslim and also Muslim cannot marry non-Muslim...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

both are correct, you can choose if you are not living in a strict muslim country. therefore in NZ or singapore, you can choose to be catholic or free thinker.
If you are living in pakistan or saudi, well you can choose death.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
both are correct, you can choose if you are not living in a strict muslim country. therefore in NZ or singapore, you can choose to be catholic or free thinker.
If you are living in pakistan or saudi, well you can choose death.

That's what I said in post #36... ie that anyone can be a free thinker in a secular society.

In a muslim country where Islamic law is enforced, it is up to the clerics to decide what is allowed and what isn't. They can outlaw all other religions if they so choose. When madmen make laws, reason goes out of the window.

However, Islam specifically states that Muslims are allowed to marry "People of the Book" which includes Jews and Christians without them having to convert. That is why my friend's father and mother, a Muslim and a Catholic respectively, had a happy and productive marriage that lasted more than 50 years. The Children were given an option to choose either religion or none.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Really? all along I thought they have no choice as they are born into Muslim and also Muslim cannot marry non-Muslim...

You were wrong. What else can I say. Singaporeans are full of misconceptions regarding religion because they are surrounded by a bunch of mad Muslims who write their own rules.