• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are ITE Students Actually Dumb?

YamSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

@3:38 min, little ah bang said they will end up somewhere, but not nowhere! :whistling: Okay, too chim for me, what is the answer? :biggrin:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
They just no good for study.

Many of them very talented in other area if they really work towards it
Very true.
I know some people (not just 1) who are higher level than ite but doesn't know how to count money and pro rated leaves. Not joking.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of this ITE graduate who's the boss of a trading company with operations in Thailand and Vietnam. He owns a landed property in Bukit Timah. And both his children is in the U, one doing Dentistry in NUS and the other doing Accountancy in Australia.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The results speak for themselves. ITE CMI. I dare say if they quizzed NUS/NTU students, the score would be above 25/30.

sbf poly.jpg

Last edited:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we are not limited by our circumstances.
I fully agree that we are not limited by our circumstances, but ITE students ended up there because they just are not academically inclined. Not everybody is cut out to be a doctor, dentist or lawyer.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course...once you get into ITE means....

[Image: Ykdmxlg.png?1]

sddefault.jpg

https://www.todayonline.com/big-rea...ze-tdy_Today-Big-Read_newsletter_05082023_tdy

The Big Read: ITE sheds 'it's the end' tag after makeover but students, graduates still face prejudice​

Screenshot-2023-08-05-122742.png

• The Institute of Technical Education (ITE) has come a long way since its founding in 1992, with many of its graduates going on to do well in further studies and their careers
  • The Government has also pumped in vast resources into developing ITE, which is now seen as a model vocational education provider by other countries
  • Despite this, there are still stereotypes here of ITE, including how its students are below-average academically, have low self-esteem and lack discipline
  • Current and former ITE students who spoke to TODAY sought to debunk such perceptions, though some say these have nonetheless affected their self-esteem
  • Experts said that students can be taught coping mechanisms, and more efforts should be made to address the salary gap between ITE graduates and those of tertiary institutions

“When I went to ITE in 2002, I often heard… that ITE is for students who have no hope and cannot study.”

Ms Chan Wai Lim, 43, another ITE alumnus, also recalled people expressing disbelief when they realised that she does not have a degree and was from ITE.

The founder of design consultancy studio Trigger Design added: “The common practice is that people in the design industry have degrees. It’s rare that people in my profession don’t have degrees, what more if you have only ITE and diploma certificates.”

READ ALSO​

Guaranteed poly entry for top ITE grads: Current and ex-students tell of challenges adjusting, suggest bridging courses

Such negative perceptions about ITE — viewed as the last option for academically weakest students, typically those from Normal (Technical) stream in secondary school — continue to exist, despite the many success stories of its graduates and the vast amount of resources that have been pumped into developing the 31-year-old institute.
Last month, the Ministry of Education (MOE) announced that ITE students who achieved a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5 in their Higher National ITE Certificate (Nitec) exams would be guaranteed positions in polytechnics, offering more opportunities for ITE graduates to further their education.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually dumb this word is too general and there are many different forms of being dumb and it has nothing to do with your academic qualifications.

Eg a m&d in ite may not know how to calculate money or pro rated annual leaves but he might not give his bank account details to a stranger.

On the other hand, gansiokbin the chicken cuttlefish, has a degree in accountancy, and she knows how to count money, and she will not give bank account number to strangers. But she will think that sfc needed her when she was fired and didn't think that everyone was laughing at her yet she can walk out proudly. This is pure dumb, isn't it?

Also there are many degree or even masters holders are so dumb that they can praise ica and customs for doing a good job in protecting and safeguarding aka borders control without knowing pap is only doing this for their own benefits.

These are just examples. There are too many to quote to explain what actually then is dumb.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of this ITE graduate who's the boss of a trading company with operations in Thailand and Vietnam. He owns a landed property in Bukit Timah. And both his children is in the U, one doing Dentistry in NUS and the other doing Accountancy in Australia.
Aiya any school or shithole will have the exceptional out of the ordinary cases. If u take the average typical graduate, then that’s the litmus test.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya any school or shithole will have the exceptional out of the ordinary cases. If u take the average typical graduate, then that’s the litmus test.
There are also "intelligent" scholars like Goh Chok Tong who blurted out that anyone who doesn't earn at least $1 million per year is "mediocre" and unfit to be a PAP Minister. LOL!

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because S'pore is rated No. 4 in the world for crony capitalism. We have the highest % of billionaires with family or personal ties to the Govt.
An authoritarian regime always comes with nepotism and cronyism. No exceptions.
Which cuntry has its leader fucking with someone that squanders off taxpayers' money like nobody business?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If intelligence equates to earning power then many of the cocksuckers in parliament will be earning $80k per annum. It’s a combination of being good in studies, having some connections and being able to be a bootlicker.