• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apuneh PhD Dr. based in D.C. write shit about SAF Hunter AFV

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sir, a big Tk U for a very eye opening Analysis.

no wonder , they said Defence/Arms Trading is amongst the Top 3 most Profitable Trades in the Whole Wide World :biggrin:

Accept that in the case of singapore, its a big money loser. There have been no major foreign buyer of our major weapons systems save for the British Army buying 100 Bronco ATTC which was sold at friendship prices and at a loss. The goal of weapon system development in singapore is to keep employed a large number of jiak liao bee PAP cronies, ass kissers, and former retired colonel rank and above. For example, in the Hunter development, for fuck do you need DSTA? U telling me ST, a org. that has been building and upgrading armour vehicles since the AMX-13 days cannot do the Hunter on their own? DSTA is a useless unnecessary org, staffed with many ex SAF senior officers and jiakliao bees who need to make money from these kind of scams or else they cannot survive in the real world. If the SAF were not forced to buy the shit put out by ST, ST would have been bankrupt by now.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Accept that in the case of singapore, its a big money loser. There have been no major foreign buyer of our major weapons systems save for the British Army buying 100 Bronco ATTC which was sold at friendship prices and at a loss. The goal of weapon system development in singapore is to keep employed a large number of jiak liao bee PAP cronies, ass kissers, and former retired colonel rank and above. For example, in the Hunter development, for fuck do you need DSTA? U telling me ST, a org. that has been building and upgrading armour vehicles since the AMX-13 days cannot do the Hunter on their own? DSTA is a useless unnecessary org, staffed with many ex SAF senior officers and jiakliao bees who need to make money from these kind of scams or else they cannot survive in the real world. If the SAF were not forced to buy the shit put out by ST, ST would have been bankrupt by now.

have to disagree that its a big money loser in Singapore.

me think Defence related Trades are done secretly.

u need high level Security Clearance to be in the loop.

Defence related trades are mostly Profitable in the world with the highest of profit margins.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
have to disagree that its a big money loser in Singapore.

me think Defence related Trades are done secretly.

u need high level Security Clearance to be in the loop.

Defence related trades are mostly Profitable in the world with the highest of profit margins.

That is the most asinine post I have seen. Defence contractors lose money all the time on arms deal. And its impossible for most weapons sales to be secret. You want to know why? If a post on twitter, FB, any social or traditional media shows a Hunter driving around the Myanmar countryside, then guess what? We sold it to them, even though it was never announced. Years ago during the war between Bosnia, Serbia, and Croatia, I saw on the news the Serbs were using our Ultimax 100. Was it a secret that we sold it to them? Of course, they were under arms sanctions at that time. But guess what? The whole world knows we sold it them. There is no secret once the weapon system is used in combat or used in a parade.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah! advertised as "networked warfighting". wtf? lelong lelong for sale now!
1565888233456.png

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This are Specially Designed and Built AIRBORNE DIVISION TANKS, yes! Meaning they will be thrown down from the sky in parachutes to fight. YES! Will be Deployed to Invade Taiwan Inevitably!

http://slide.mil.news.sina.com.cn/k/slide_8_193_73339.html#p=1

这才叫疯狂的赛车!我军参加空降排比赛战车开成蹦蹦车

支持 键翻阅图片 列表查看

全屏观看
2019.08.15 16:01:04

• 4a18-ichcymv5130728.gif
1 / 6
俄罗斯当地时间8月8日,空降排项目“战车追逐赛”在俄罗斯“红木船”靶场拉开战幕,中国空降兵802、803两个参赛车组在比赛中稳定发挥,取得优异成绩。(央视军事报道)

• 2b32-ichcymv5130762.gif
各国参赛车组间隔1分钟发车,在12公里的赛道上先后通过 ,反坦克壕 浅滩等12种障碍,然后完成车载火器对隐显目标的射击。

• a2b2-ichcymv5130805.gif

• 赛场上各支参赛队你追我赶,稍有失误就会被后方车辆超越。

• 7bc6-ichcymv5133525.png
开赛信号发出后,803车组始终以极限速度冲刺,精准穿越12个障碍,到达射击位置后,射手迅速锁定目标,6个目标被全部命中。

• 405e-ichcymv5133536.png
    俄罗斯当地时间8月8日,空降排项目“战车追逐赛”在俄罗斯“红木船”靶场拉开战幕,中国空降兵802、803两个参赛车组在比赛中稳定发挥,取得优异成绩。(央视军事报道)

Http://slide.mil.news.sina.com.cn/k/slide_8_193_73339.html#p=1

This is called crazy racing! Our army participated in the airborne platoon competition and the chariot was opened.

Support button flip through pictures list view

Full screen view
2019.08.15 16:01:04

1 / 6
On August 8th, local time in Russia, the air chasing project "Chariot Chase Competition" kicked off at the "Redwood Boat" shooting range in Russia. The Chinese Airborne Forces 802 and 803 teams participated in the competition and achieved excellent results. (CCTV military report)

The participating teams will start at 1 minute interval, pass through the 12-kilometer track, and 12 obstacles such as anti-tank shoal, and then complete the shooting of the hidden target by the vehicle firearm.

You will chase after the teams on the field, and a little mistake will be overtaken by the rear vehicles.

After the start signal is issued, the 803 team always sprints at the limit speed, accurately crossing 12 obstacles. After reaching the shooting position, the shooter quickly locks the target and 6 targets are all hit.

On August 8th, local time in Russia, the air chasing project "Chariot Chase Competition" kicked off at the "Redwood Boat" shooting range in Russia. The Chinese Airborne Forces 802 and 803 teams participated in the competition and achieved excellent results. (CCTV military report)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How much of MINDEF's budget is allocated to DSTA? 30 percent, 40 percent?

Who knows? Its all toppest secretest. They are a stat board of MINDEATH. Just like many shits are happening in the MINDEATH budget, also many shits are happening in the DSTA budget. Starting with why do you need DSTA, since MINDEATH can do everything that DSTA does.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple Iphones dont need to be made in Cupitineno USA if it is found to be in China market.

better still u see Oppa Phones u know its Apple Iphone clone.

u see xiaomi u know i Samsung clone.

the same for car Mitsubishi u see Proton.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The new vehicle proclaimed until like got dragons got tigers. As an ex M113, Ultra 40/50 and BX25mm user, I interested in one thing only. Can the new hunter cross johor straits faster and safer than the previous 3 APCs/AFVs? I remember my river crossing exercise with the BX. It the closest to death I ever experienced in my life. I experienced many close calls during my stint at NSF and Reservist, never once I feared for my life as much at that BX waterborne exercise. It just a small crossing, no more than 25m in stagnant water yet the BX nearly rollover.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Network as per knowing friendly vehicles locations via digital network. Instead of using radio signals, Vehicle Commanders can communicate via the digital network. Better than using hp to cheat during reservist era.
haha. the commercial cellular network is still da best when it cums to coverage. i stumbled near no-man's land in the 90s when ecuador was fighting a border dispute with peru deep in the west amazon jungle and lo and behold, there was this ecuadorian commander talking on his analog cellphone in his hummer in a valley. cell signal was (not surprisingly) better than military radio in those deep holes. i was with a team of surveyors and we were allowed to venture up to a peak where a brigade size signal rebro site was set up. there were about 6.9 battalion signal platoons snoozing off while their radios were chattering. problem for the military is that they tend to pick a very high site with commanding view of the area and blast and rebroadcast their radios with high power all over the terrain like a "boomer" site. the signal reaches peaks and sides of mountains and hills but not ravines and valleys. the cellular network is more down to the ground and towers are interspersed on smaller hills and knolls in order to reach roads, towns, valleys, rivers (where villagers and visitors tend to go to). but i was surprised to see the brigade commander talking on his cellphone deep in a ravine. when i checked my map marked with telco assets, there was a tower nearby.

for this so called "networking" to work, the afv still needs a radio network, whether it's wi-fi, cellular/mobile, satellite or military radio network. it's not like you can suka suka transmit tcp/ip and udp bits wirelessly on the go without radio signals. it has to be a private, unique, encrypted radio network with wide spectrum for broadband in order to counter jamming, interference, and hacking. and either a bunch of rebro, repeater, or base station sites needs to be set up at strategic points or every vehicle acts like a node in a radio mesh network. very easy peesy to knock this out with an emp blast in the area.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
doesn't have to be nukes. there are many ways. can be caused by an e-bomb or a solar storm. the 1st sexperimental e-bomb was detonated by the u.s. against iraqi satellite broadcast network in 2003. there was no nuke involved.
https://www.tactical.com/prepared-emp-attack/
https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/e-bomb-electromagnetic-bomb

According to most defense analysts' speculations, devices in development are likely to affect an area of only a few hundred yards.

How the hell did the yankees take out satellites with e-bomb?

Ah Nehs have tested anti satellite weapons.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How the hell did the yankees take out satellites with e-bomb?

Ah Nehs have tested anti satellite weapons.
it's a broadcast satellite, thus likely geosynchronous and single. other way is to detonate near the ground stations. not surprising that prc, usa, and russia are already developing tactical e-bombs and can be launched by artillery units. a barrage or a single salvo of these shells can easily take out an armored formation 69% reliant on c4 "networking" bs.