• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Application for a job in SAF to serve my country

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Minister of Defense,

With reference to the above mentioned.

I wish to apply for a post as a Leopard/Bionix/ATTC tank Driver/Gunner/Commander in the Singapore Armed Force.

I am now jobless and I would like to serve my country. As our government emphasis on working after retirement age, and presently I am 51 years old.

Don't ask what the country can do for you,
Ask what you can do for the country ( That's what I can do to defense my country)

Thank you and hope to grant me an interview, as soon as possible, as my $ is drying up, that I am no longer afford to feed my family and the payment of HDB flat.

Sincerely yours,
A loyal Singaporean

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that in a country with conscription like Singapore. there shouldn't be any unemployment, as least not for conscripted men. Jobless? Go back to SAF or Police or SCDF and sign up as regular. If you can serve as a corporal or captain by compulsory callup, surely you qualify to serve as a corporal or captain by voluntary signup. Same job.

I also think that reservist compensation should be revised and aligned with regular pay. For example, a bank manager serving as a sergeant can claim manager's pay, a bank teller serving can only claim teller's pay. Reservists should be compensated according to regular rank pay, not their civilian job pay. For regardless what they do in civilian life, they do the same thing in reservist.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too old for SAF

if they gave lesson to drive a tank, you might steal it, police cannot stop a tank.

pap have taxi job or clear table job for old folk in singapore. in the past collect cans and cardboard, but the price fallen, no one collect those anymore.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 51 bro, you're deemed a "health" risk to the vocation and they will not want their hands to be tied down with compensation :eek:should anything go wrong when you are rumbling down Sungei Gedong :biggrin::p:biggrin: