• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

APPLE introduce NEW TABLET.....IPAD

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

multi_touch_20100127.png

Multi-Touch

The Multi-Touch screen on the iPad uses the same revolutionary technology that’s in an iPhone. But for iPad, the technology has been completely reengineered for the larger surface, to make it extremely precise and responsive. So when you’re zooming in on a map, flicking through your photos, or deleting an email, iPad responds with incredible accuracy. And it does just what you want it to.

thin_20100127.jpg

Thin and light

One of the first things you’ll notice about the iPad is how thin and light it is. The screen is 9.7 inches, measured diagonally. So overall, it’s slightly smaller than a magazine. And at just 1.5 lbs and 0.5 inches thin,<sup>1</sup> it’s easy to carry and use anywhere. There’s also a slight curve to the back. Which makes it easy to pick up and comfortable to hold.

battery_20100127.jpg

battery_hours_20100127.jpg

Up to 10 hours
battery life

To maximize battery life, Apple engineers took the same lithium polymer battery technology they developed for our notebook computers and applied it to the iPad. As a result, you can use iPad for up to 10 hours while surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching videos, or listening to music.<sup>2</sup>

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

wireless_20100127.jpg

Wireless

With built-in 802.11n, iPad can take advantage of the fastest Wi-Fi networks. And it’ll automatically locate available Wi-Fi networks, which you can easily join with a few simple taps. iPad also comes with Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, which lets you connect to devices like wireless headphones or the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

3G

iPad will also be available in a 3G model, with super-fast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps.<sup>3</sup> So if you’re traveling, or you happen to be somewhere that doesn’t have a Wi-Fi network, you can still get a fast connection for surfing the web, downloading email, or getting directions.

performance_20100127.jpg

Performance

a4_chip_20100127.jpg

The A4 chip inside iPad was custom-designed by Apple engineers to be extremely powerful, and yet extremely power efficient. So the performance is unlike anything you’ve ever seen on a touch-based device. Which makes iPad fantastic for everything from productivity apps to games. But at the same time, the A4 chip is so power efficient that it helps iPad get up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge. And iPad is available with a choice of 16, 32 or 64GB flash storage.<sup>4</sup> Which gives you lots of room for your photos, movies, music, apps, and more.

SQguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks good but without USB, no replaceble battery, no mouse support, no flah support on safari...it is not for every one. This is good first model and i do hope some of the features I have mentioned will get added later. I would have liked a projection device like with Nikon camera to make it really usefull for corporate users.

The name also sounds like a "Woman sanitary pad" ops you will not like to touch it !

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

connect_20100127.jpg

Connectivity

The 30-pin dock connector on the bottom of the iPad allows you to dock and charge it. It also lets you connect to iPad accessories like the Camera Connection Kit or the Keyboard Dock.

Audio

The powerful, built-in speaker produces a full, rich sound. Which makes watching a movie or listening to music even more enjoyable. It also comes with a headphone jack and a built-in microphone.

Accessories

There are lots of great accessories that have been specifically designed for iPad. The Keyboard Dock, for instance, is a dock with a full-size keyboard. There’s also a standalone Dock. And because iPad has built-in Bluetooth 2.1, it’ll work with an Apple Wireless Keyboard, too. There’s also a Camera Connection Kit that lets you import photos from a camera or SD card. There’s even an iPad Case that not only protects it, it also allows you to use iPad in various positions, to make it easy to type, look at photos, or watch movies. And through a range of accessories, iPad can output to TVs, projectors and displays.

accessories_20100127.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm a Mac user, but i'm really not impressed with the iPad. Watched the videos.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10442815-37.html

I can feel that Steve, from his tone, is not very enthusiastic about the product itself.

I dun like the format of the iPad, it does look like a giant version of iPhone :(:(:(

When i surf with iPhone, it generates enough heat to make me concern whether it will explode or not, it shudders me to think of surfing with an iPad.

10 hours of battery life is bullshit, surfing and watching videos in 3 hours, it's gone. With LED backlit, maybe will last longer, but definitely not 10 hours.

Basically, no new features that excites me.

Disappointed with the product, just like Mac mini :smile::smile::smile::smile:

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
The iPod, iPhone, iPad and the apple innovation creates a whole new industry for accessories and other products linked to them.

This is sorely lacking in most Asian economy, especially Singapore. Going forward the NMC way will surely fail.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basically, no new features that excites me.

Disappointed with the product, just like Mac mini :smile::smile::smile::smile:

it is Apple's new gadget for eBooks. But the eBook market haven't taken off after years of development. many peoples still like to read a real book.
So it is a overpower iphone and underpower macbook. will be another fail.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The iPod, iPhone, iPad and the apple innovation creates a whole new industry for accessories and other products linked to them.

This is sorely lacking in most Asian economy, especially Singapore. Going forward the NMC way will surely fail.

hey donch forget we have the iGallop!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple new strategy, modify your existing product, give it a new name and voila, new product

IPad = Oversized IPhone
IPod Touch = IPhone without the Phone function

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo, Alamking & Char_Azn are right !

1st of all, STINKY name - the 'i' this 'i'that is bloody cliche. I-Pui !
iPAD really think of Kotex !

Yeah, somebody remembered long ago Compaq got a PDA called iPAQ not iPAD.

2ndly, reminds me of Gulliver's Travels. Poor Gulliver travel to Giant Land, steal their iPhone, come back to earth, Presto, reinvented as iPAD !

LOL !

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But must commend the inputs Singveld & G Tachibana.

Without going elsewhere, I can get quite a wide coverage of 1PAD 1st looks here in sammyboy ! :cool:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo, Alamking & Char_Azn are right !

1st of all, STINKY name - the 'i' this 'i'that is bloody cliche. I-Pui !
iPAD really think of Kotex !

Yeah, somebody remembered long ago Compaq got a PDA called iPAQ not iPAD.

2ndly, reminds me of Gulliver's Travels. Poor Gulliver travel to Giant Land, steal their iPhone, come back to earth, Presto, reinvented as iPAD !

LOL !

Big tech company will usually patent their product names before they are even designed. if you don't believe you can try to register "iTablet" or "iCam" or "iWatch". Apple sure sapu already liao.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok now to tell u guys the BAD news about this overhyped piece of crap.

Essentially an UPSIZED iPhone without call functions!

- No USB
- No Camera/Webcam
- No Keyboard
- Don't support flash (nowadays so many websites have flash content leh!)
- Memory is up to 64gig only. No additional memory can be added on.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The idea is there, its the right direction for Apple, but it needs more fine tuning, why i have the feeling that Apple rushed for this product to launch huh??

I just looked at my 13" mbp screen and discover that iPad should be that size and that thickness, that will be cool, lol

I'm hope Apple will refine it before they sell it, add some new features pls, NO more square icons like the iPhone interface please!!!! LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
64GB with wifi and 3g will set u back at @SGD1200++ to 1300... At a cost of full NB which can run Office and other sw... Even a net book can do more at half the price... 3g data will cost another... $300+ a yr?

All in all... a life style thingy... buy oni if it make u feel goot n hab the xtra cash... In term of productivity... u better off getting a nb for the price. :biggrin::biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok now to tell u guys the BAD news about this overhyped piece of crap.

Essentially an UPSIZED iPhone without call functions!

- No USB
- No Camera/Webcam
- No Keyboard
- Don't support flash (nowadays so many websites have flash content leh!)
- Memory is up to 64gig only. No additional memory can be added on.

Also no replaceable battery

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why i have the feeling that Apple rushed for this product to launch huh??

because they know the open handset alliance will chip away iphone's market share. they absolutely cannot fight against open source developers. Android OS will surpass the iphone OS in 2 years.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It amazes me why so many fall for Apple's half baked marketing ploys.

Credit must be give to Apple iphone which brought technology closer to the people. the iphone was sexier and much more fun to use than other smart phones in the market. They set the bar for smartphones and others are now trying to beat it.
but their first mover advantage is expiring with Android. Apple OS simply cannot fight with open source developers. Their handware also cannot fight against all the OHA manufacturers like sony-ericsson, nokia, HTC, LG, Samsung etc etc. Consumers win again this round.