• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone With BAD Experience With Non-Flip Mattresses (Pocket Spring Type) ??

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Do you flip your mattress once every 3 months, it will last longer, me i prefer hard solid floor, somehow middle of the night i find myself sleeping on the hardwood floor without fail daily.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hahahahaha chucky walking in his sleep

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some advice before buying a mattress:

1) Always try the mattress by LYING down (Don't be shy, don't just sit!! LIE DOWN!)

2) Always go lie on the mattress with your partner

3) Try buy the mattress that has the same feel as your current mattress but STILL gives u the best support esp on ur back.

4) On the above, come to a compromise with ur partner on which mattress to buy.

5) Do not 'give in' to the 'plush' feeling (i.e the additional pillow top of the mattress- thicker=more plush) - This creates a 'comfortable feeling' giving a false perception of back support.
6) Stay focused on the support and responsiveness of the coils not the 'plush' feeling

7) Toss around as much as possible with ur partner on the mattress.

8) Lie on your side and back. Feel the support.

9) Lift up ur legs up and down in the air when lying down and place ur hands at the back to feel the support from the coils/springs (Lousy mattresses will not comform to the shape and position)

10) DO not be shy to lie longer or even return to the same model u prefer to try again

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shy leh............if i buying expensive mattress try long ok lah............buy budget one later sales people face black black mah...........

anyway, aiming for a tight-top 2-sided mattress............those pillow-top ones tend to sag quickly according to almost all consumers so far..........

all of them condemn non-flip mattress..........say within 3 years ...........must throw liao............good brands some more........:eek:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
he he he he Simmons is also my brand of preference for a long time already. I flip once a year cos I spend less than half year at home, I do hope its enough of flipping what do you guys think?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
he he he he Simmons is also my brand of preference for a long time already. I flip once a year cos I spend less than half year at home, I do hope its enough of flipping what do you guys think?

It's very heavy and back breaking to flip especially a King size mattress. I also flip every six months despite sleeping on it most of the time.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best is to flip every month and rotate.........also when change bedsheet............let the mattress breathe for a few hours before putting on the new sheet

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
my fav is still those pasir malam type of thin mattress, supported with of wood below. I cannot sleep well on those mattress with springs support.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my fav is still those pasir malam type of thin mattress, supported with of wood below. I cannot sleep well on those mattress with springs support.

maybe becoz you don't expect those cheap tilam to feel good so without expectations, you feel more relaxed and sleep better.

i like those firm ones..........can't stand those soft ones

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe becoz you don't expect those cheap tilam to feel good so without expectations, you feel more relaxed and sleep better.

i like those firm ones..........can't stand those soft ones

during my army days, i have problem sleeping the first 3 months cos of the spring bed. after pass out got posted to an old army camp, i can sleep god damn well every night. reason - just thin old spongebed with a piece of wood below. its much harder and firmer than those spring mattress.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i read a lot of very bad reviews on non-flip mattresses..........and i mean a lot of bad reviews on US websites so just wondering if people here feel the same ?

they're of the pocketed spring type.............

We have been sleeping on a Simmonds Beautyrest Classic pillow top (non flip) mattress for about 3 years.

It is firm and provides very good support.
All we have to do is to turn head to toe when we change the bedsheets.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since we spend almost half our lives on the bed, it is best to get the best. I paid $8000 for my Simmonds and it has lasted me 7 years. I may need to change it a year or 2 later.

In Toronto, brand name mattresses have been on sale, about 60 per cent discount, down to about $1,200 to $1,500 for a double or queen size.
Whereas your $8,000 appears to be rather expensive.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, think it is more of a habit, came from a poor big family, so we guys always sleep on floor with straw mat....i prefer the cold hard conrete floor....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If that is the case, you will not have any back pain or difficulties sleeping in the cell at Whitley Detention Barracks (re: ISD)

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that is the case, you will not have any back pain or difficulties sleeping in the cell at Whitley Detention Barracks (re: ISD)

No idea....haven't been there and don't want to know about it either.....:biggrin:

I could sleep in any place, if there are no choice....i'm a light sleeper....don't need more than 6hrs of sleep.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since we spend almost half our lives on the bed, it is best to get the best. I paid $8000 for my Simmonds and it has lasted me 7 years. I may need to change it a year or 2 later.

TEMPUR mattress also not bad . TEMPUR material was originally developed by NASA to relieve the pressure experienced by astronauts during lift off :wink: very very comfortable . but it does not help me with my insomnia .