• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone remember this Singapore scary story?

jw5

Loyal
the murderers should kill the parents instead. the murderers were really wicked to make the parents live in eternal regrets and pains. i would not blame the parents. maybe they would have taken actions to settle whatever issue with the other side after the warnings. maybe they couldn't settle it. too much hypothesis.

they should but they didn't.................

hypothesis only, but if the parents were warned and threatened and what they were warned and threatened about was true (i.e. not simply the murderers extorting money), they are just as much to blame and their silence about what could have caused the murderers to act so viciously speaks volumes.........................

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it amazing that the couple managed to stay together and did not go their separate ways. Even managed to reverse the sterilization and had one more kid in 1983. Kid would be 30 years old now.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 room flat with 2 adults and 4 kids. Things are just alright. The then pappies were moving together with the peeps on the streets.
20 plus years down the road, the pappies are moving ahead by themselves, leaving the peeps far behind.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in some countries, a police case is closed after twenty years, that includes murder cases ? the police cannot prosecute the criminals even if new evidences appear. does Singapore have this law too ?

Not in S'pore. Btw, which country were you referring to?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the murderers should kill the parents instead. the murderers were really wicked to make the parents live in eternal regrets and pains. i would not blame the parents. maybe they would have taken actions to settle whatever issue with the other side after the warnings. maybe they couldn't settle it. too much hypothesis.

The murderer(s) chose not to kill the parents. Could have done so easily. Why target the children who were completely innocent? To inflict maximum torture on the parents. Can't imagine a human being able to kill innocent kids just because of acts committed by their parents.

Interesting to note that when One-Eye Dragon finished off Guni-Ter, it came with an advanced warning. Latter told former, "lai lor". That's the version I heard. When former threatened and yet kena challenged to carry through his act, being a desperate man, he had only one option left and that was, to carry out his threat.

Sometimes all it takes is for one party to retreat with the other party allowing the retreat to be done with 'face' intact. Things could have been resolved without lives lost. If we are able to ask Guni-Ter and parents of the kids if they would have done or said the same things they did, knowing the consequences, I am not that sure they would choose the option they did. Sad.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not in S'pore. Btw, which country were you referring to?

South Korea. and Japan ?

don't you think that law is weird or even ludicrous ? why should there be a time expiry for criminal prosecution ? imagine you kill someone. after twenty years. the police cannot prosecute you. you can even openly declare your quilt. nothing will happen to you. i would like to know the legal reasoning behind that law.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
South Korea. and Japan ?

don't you think that law is weird or even ludicrous ? why should there be a time expiry for criminal prosecution ? imagine you kill someone. after twenty years. the police cannot prosecute you. you can even openly declare your quilt. nothing will happen to you. i would like to know the legal reasoning behind that law.

Doesn't make sense to me too. Cannot think of any legal reasoning behind that.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The murderer(s) chose not to kill the parents. Could have done so easily. Why target the children who were completely innocent? To inflict maximum torture on the parents. Can't imagine a human being able to kill innocent kids just because of acts committed by their parents.

Interesting to note that when One-Eye Dragon finished off Guni-Ter, it came with an advanced warning. Latter told former, "lai lor". That's the version I heard. When former threatened and yet kena challenged to carry through his act, being a desperate man, he had only one option left and that was, to carry out his threat.

Sometimes all it takes is for one party to retreat with the other party allowing the retreat to be done with 'face' intact. Things could have been resolved without lives lost. If we are able to ask Guni-Ter and parents of the kids if they would have done or said the same things they did, knowing the consequences, I am not that sure they would choose the option they did. Sad.

if i was the murderer. if the parents owed me lives. who knows ? i might do the killings. a life for a life. but on the parents, not the children.

i once read some statistics on murder cases worldwide. can't remember the exact figures. something like 50% of murders are premeditated. 50% of murders are crimes of passion and manslaughter. the latter 50% can be avoided. like what you said. if people are willing to retreat for the moment at least and give face to the other side.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be a hired kill, then the professional hitman was simply carrying out an assignment clinically.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in some countries, a police case is closed after twenty years, that includes murder cases ? the police cannot prosecute the criminals even if new evidences appear. does Singapore have this law too ?

Of course. Did the police prosecute the two WWII traitors here ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could be a hired kill, then the professional hitman was simply carrying out an assignment clinically.

Yes, should be hired hitman. Person who hired not likely to do it himself coz he knows he will be number one suspect and won't take that chance that parents of kids murdered won't reveal the entire facts of case. Who knows, that chap may not even be in S'pore when job was executed. For him to order that hit, the hatred against the parents must be massively severe.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i once read some statistics on murder cases worldwide. can't remember the exact figures. something like 50% of murders are premeditated. 50% of murders are crimes of passion and manslaughter. the latter 50% can be avoided. like what you said. if people are willing to retreat for the moment at least and give face to the other side.

Even in the case of the former (premeditated), bound to have some cases whereby still possible to call-off the whole thing.

Have a few friends who committed suicide over $$$$ problems. I always wonder if they, if able to see the agony, sadness, misery of their loved ones would have chosen the same route.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
"On the morning of 6 January 1979, four children from the Tan family were violently murdered in their Housing and Development Board flat. The four children, aged between 5 to 10 years old, were found hacked and slashed to death in the bathroom of their one-room flat in Block 58, Geylang Bahru. Their parents, Tan Kuen Chai, 38, and Lee Mei Ying, 30, were out at work when the murders took place. The murders remain unsolved."

In 1979, The people can still afford to have 4 children running a small business. simple life.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"On the morning of 6 January 1979, four children from the Tan family were violently murdered in their Housing and Development Board flat. The four children, aged between 5 to 10 years old, were found hacked and slashed to death in the bathroom of their one-room flat in Block 58, Geylang Bahru. Their parents, Tan Kuen Chai, 38, and Lee Mei Ying, 30, were out at work when the murders took place. The murders remain unsolved."

Not easy to kill 4 children even though between 5-10 yrs old without alerting the neighbours. How did they get into the flat? Children then, same as now, always told never to open door to strangers. Amazing no one around the flat and its vicinity could provide any leads. A perfect crime?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost 35 years since incident took place. How did the killer(s) and the person who ordered the hit lived the past 35 years. No conscience? Wondering if they are still alive today and if so, in S'pore?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S Korea, Japan and Thailand. I wonder if any of the ang mo countries have the same.

Angmo countries I'm sure they have it.
Those angmo interpretation of the law got many pattern one.
Another one is the 'double jeopardy law'....that means defendant can only be charged for a crime once.
If sinkieland got such pattern, pap and pet kangaroos will be very busy and headache.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm quite surprised the parents did not know who they offended......even after a note is sent to them later telling them the murderer is someone close and know their private details. At least a guess to help the police but instead they tell the police they've not offended anybody.

If never offended anybody, why would someone premeditate the murders of their kids?

Useless parents.....they caused the kids to die because they never expect someone would be so determined to inflict such pain on them. This is possible if that someone is returning the same cruel favor.

Karma at work.

eh.........wishful-thinking, daydreaming Christians also believe in Karma meh ?

it was the Devil lah..............

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not easy to kill 4 children even though between 5-10 yrs old without alerting the neighbours. How did they get into the flat? Children then, same as now, always told never to open door to strangers. Amazing no one around the flat and its vicinity could provide any leads. A perfect crime?
how cum u oso ask so many questions? ... tot u can provide sum answers? ...

Last edited: