• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone got photos of first generation tiong bahru market?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
those were the childhood day.1980 ......
the lor mee with shark meat was really wonderful
the teochew peng kueh top by sweet black sauce sold by the old old lady.
the wanton mee seller opposite is their rival toechew bak chow mee
$1.20 can buy lot of good food.
the old tiong bahru market went through 3 times of upgrading.

the old photo of the old mans hanging their birds la kopi

the old temple with a red hu lu outside.

i remember as a kid, i will alway run to the temple there to create mischief.
then i will run to the dry market to buy my toys called the mask or something Ultraman

anyone got old precious photo of 1980 toys and tibits and of cos old tiong bahru market?

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
those were the childhood day.1980 ......
the lor mee with shark meat was really wonderful
the teochew peng kueh top by sweet black sauce sold by the old old lady.
the wanton mee seller opposite is their rival toechew bak chow mee
$1.20 can buy lot of good food.
the old tiong bahru market went through 3 times of upgrading.

the old photo of the old mans hanging their birds la kopi

the old temple with a red hu lu outside.

i remember as a kid, i will alway run to the temple there to create mischief.
then i will run to the dry market to buy my toys called the mask or something Ultraman
anyone got old precious photo of 1980 toys and tibits and of cos old tiong bahru market?
Bro, you a Tiong Bahru boy ?; me too..:smile:
You forgot besides the red hu Lu; there was a monkey housed under a Banyan tree..me kena bitten before and hence stiLL can rem.:wink:.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiong Bahru market was were I first tried laksa as a boy. the laksa stall was in the middle area along the fence going to the outside dry stall areas.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tiong-bahru-1967.jpg

kings-theatre-at-tiong-bahru-1955.jpg

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you a Tiong Bahru boy ?; me too..:smile:
You forgot besides the red hu Lu; there was a monkey housed under a Banyan tree..me kena bitten before and hence stiLL can rem.:wink:.

yup.got some animal being caged beside the red hu lu..what a fun memory to recall

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

sad.jalan membina has now changed so modern. most shops were previously from blk 136 leng kee road.remember beside leng kee got keng seng pri sch,popular book stall at blk 136.

now i worry magerat drive road going to rebuild. area around the old queenstown library still very greeny and dark.very peaceful with few human.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks Bro; everything seems to ring a beLL now..:wink:
Me stiLL remember that famed OriginaL Tiong Bahru deep fried fishbaLL staLL was on the right of your pic..:smile:

Last edited: