• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any watch but ROLEX thread.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like german watches esp Sinn from Frankfurt.

U1_V.jpg

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam Leong is indeed smart to see through the so called "appreciating value" of Rolex.

SEIKO is the only watch from Japan that is truely made in Japan. Fromtheir cheapest quartz models to the Spring Drive, all are from Japan. Citizen, Casio are not true Japanese watches.

Seiko is the only brand that offers true value for money....bang for your bucks. They have models for everyone, including the super rich.

The Swiss watch makers are all very afraid of Seiko.

I disagree with those that say Tag is no good.

They are rebranding.

Rolex is way over valued. The cost price of a normal Rolex is 1/10th of their selling price to you.

As for 2nd hand watches, buy at your own risk. You are enriching the 2nd hand watch dealers. Unlike cars, you cannot tell what's inside. Very good fake movements are the norm nowadays.

BTW, many 2nd hand Rolex dealers drive very expensive cars.........thanks to all the wanabees that think wearing a Rolex on the wrist means they have made it. IDIOTS!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only gamblers or inferior complex people buy rolxes.

Why?

Because in the back of their minds, they will need money in the future and rolex can sell better.

That's the mindset of 90% of rolex owners.....

Still want to wear a rolex on your wrist?

Sia sway yourself only.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN watches can really represent your financial status KNN last time my uncle bought Q&Q from bkk pasar malam and wore it to poseidon KNN need to remove before bathing KNN during bath the pros was very friendly and after bath the pros took a quick look at his watch and face and attitude immediately changed KNN lesson learnt is it is better not to wear any watches than a pasar malan watches KNN

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have Rolex but while it has gone up in value it will never turn a profit.

I bought it in 1981 for $998. It is now valued at about $6000 to $7000.

However over the last three and a half decades I have spent more than $6000 servicing the damned thing every few years.
So Rolex is not the watch it's cracked up to be

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So Rolex is not the watch it's cracked up to be

I don't know what you mean by "cracked up to be"?

If you're expecting a Rolex to be an appreciating investment then I'm just pointing out that you're not going to make much money.

However if you want a watch that holds its value over the years then the Rolex is an excellent choice.

I have an Omega Constellation that cost around $600 35 years ago and now it is pretty much worthless.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you're expecting a Rolex to be an appreciating investment then I'm just pointing out that you're not going to make much money.

However if you want a watch that holds its value over the years then the Rolex is an excellent choice.

I have an Omega Constellation that cost around $600 35 years ago and now it is pretty much worthless.

If u buy Omega new at retail price with no discount, u must be the biggest idiot in the world.

Same thing goes for Breitling watches. Trust me, many people are gonna shed tears and they won't be joyous ones when they want to sell them down the road.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

I meant like the atas watch, last forever, and appreciates in value. But if the servicing prices eats up it's appreciation value than it's a zero sum game..but hey it holds its value. Better than Ur omega which costs u 600 bucks.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this watch...but will be worth nothing in 2 years. And if replace every 2 years can buy a Rolex after 25 years

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If u buy Omega new at retail price with no discount, u must be the biggest idiot in the world.

Same thing goes for Breitling watches. Trust me, many people are gonna shed tears and they won't be joyous ones when they want to sell them down the road.

I bought both my watches from my Uncle's shop in North Bridge Road so I assume the price was reasonable.