• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any classical music lover here /.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Tom and Jerry, these are the classics. Love these good old cartoons.
Amazing details.

Tom and Jerry
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/stcLD6SWe4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mickey.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d95L1wqZ1Dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Bebeque

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bro who's into classical music can recommend the best Beethoven symphonies complete cycle ?

Why do you only ask for Beethoven? There are so many other good classical composers that you can be listened to:

1 Tchaikovsky
2 Haydn
3 Mussorgsky
4 Rimsky Korsakov
5 Vivaldi, etc, etc

Music, like wine is to each his own. Personally if I listen to Chopin, I will fall asleep.

Beethoven seems more well known but if you take time to listen to works of other composers, you will find a world of wonders.

Cheers.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bro who's into classical music can recommend the best Beethoven symphonies complete cycle ?

you need to have a good sound system , one that cost at least 10K or so.
usually those in the range of 10k to 40K will give you great sound.
but it is insane to pay 100K for a system.

chopin piano pieces are great.
carmen , Georges Bizet
Blue Danube Waltz, Johann Strauss
and many others.
the condutor's arrangement also plays a part.
my carmen cd is made in Japan and the conducted by a russian.
of all the carmen cds i owned , this is the very best.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do you only ask for Beethoven? There are so many other good classical composers that you can be listened to:

1 Tchaikovsky
2 Haydn
3 Mussorgsky
4 Rimsky Korsakov
5 Vivaldi, etc, etc

Music, like wine is to each his own. Personally if I listen to Chopin, I will fall asleep.

Beethoven seems more well known but if you take time to listen to works of other composers, you will find a world of wonders.

Cheers.

I have been an avid classical music lover for over 20 years and have a healthy classical collection in my iPod. I have the famous Harnocourt's cycle, Karajan's cycle from the 70s and Gardiner's cycle and am looking for an alternative version. Hopefully some like-minded kakis can recommend before I commence my torrent search.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

BIS is well-known for their sound engineering. I had a Mozart flute concertos on BIS and it sounds absolutely superb !

Check out Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major.

One of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written imho. :smile:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check out Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major.

One of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written imho. :smile:

Yes, it is an absolute masterpiece and was composed towards the end of his life.

I have that together with the equally beautiful clarinet quintet :smile:

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another no-horse-run, not-2-b-missed masterpiece is john cage's 4'33" ...

tis piece is best listened live ... ur appreciation of tis classic definitely increases multi-fold after ze concert ...

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
another no-horse-run, not-2-b-missed masterpiece is john cage's 4'33" ...

tis piece is best listened live ... ur appreciation of tis classic definitely increases multi-fold after ze concert ...

Yeah right! Simply zee best! Most profound and soul searching! Hahaha!

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any lovers of solo instrument music?
Bach's Goldberg Variations and unaccompanied violin are all good for a quiet night's listening.