• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another non-Chinese member quit the Chinese Workers' Party

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really think we should stop flaming the racism fire, especially when it's not clear whether all these allegations of racism are substantiated in the first place.

Regardless of whether PAP or WP, if we continue to use the race card for this BE, the potential damage to Singapore is a lot more severe than partisan politics. So what if WP wins or PAP wins but Singapore becomes fragmented along racial fault lines? Singaporeans will lose big time if we fracture our national cohesion.

Ladies/Gentlemen, can we exercise some restraints and not play race?

Look at all the racist remarks made by WP supporters in this forum....all the derogatory, abusive names given to the minority community by WP supporters in this forum....

And you're telling me that you are perfectly comfortable with them? WP supporters in this forum are the one who have been fanning the race card almost daily. WP members have been pandering and suck up to them. They are the one who have been exploiting the racial fault line for political gain.

The racial politics of WP and their supporters have to be exposed and destroyed.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at all the racist remarks made by WP supporters in this forum....all the derogatory, abusive names given to the minority community by WP supporters in this forum....

And you're telling me that you are perfectly comfortable with them? WP supporters in this forum are the one who have been fanning the race card almost daily. WP members have been pandering and suck up to them. They are the one who have been exploiting the racial fault line for political gain.

The racial politics of WP and their supporters have to be exposed and destroyed.

Personally, I think derogatory terms used on minority races reflect bad taste. But what I'm seeing now is no longer just bad taste. I see supporters on both sides framing arguments along racial lines. This is a clear distinction to me.

And this is dangerous.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I think derogatory terms used on minority races reflect bad taste. But what I'm seeing now is no longer just bad taste. I see supporters on both sides framing arguments along racial lines. This is a clear distinction to me.

And this is dangerous.

So when WP supporters and members are fanning racist derogatory remarks against the minority in this forum, you don't think it's dangerous. You just act blur and keep quiet. But now that these Chinese chauvinists are being attacked, you think it's dangerous and should be stopped?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
So when WP supporters and members are fanning racist derogatory remarks against the minority in this forum, you don't think it's dangerous. You just act blur and keep quiet. But now that these Chinese chauvinists are being attacked, you think it's dangerous and should be stopped?

Derogatory remarks in general against minority is bad taste. There's a distinction between insensitive derogatory remarks and malicious statements (even if they are not derogatory) that are calculated to incite anger over race.

I've seen names being used on minority races in this forum aplenty. There are ah nehs against Indians, ah tiongs against PRC Chinese, etc. To me, they're nothing compared to instigating anger and hatred against any particular party through allegations of racism, regardless of who is at the receiving end of the allegations.

Are those name-calling right? No, they're not. Are they malicious? No, I don't think so. Are they in good taste? No, bad taste. Are they as harmful as the arguments along racial line being thrown to-and-fro on the hottest topic in town? Definitely not.

There's a clear distinction between these two issues. If you want to blur them to suit your anti-WP agenda, then come clean.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can see racism from the actions of WP as well as from the words of their supporters on this forum.

Notice that those WP supporters have consistently been making racist rants and remarks on this forum. Their track record tells it all. They just can't hide themselves.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can see racism from the actions of WP as well as from the words of their supporters on this forum.

Notice that those WP supporters have consistently been making racist rants and remarks on this forum. Their track record tells it all. They just can't hide themselves.

Racism is a lot more than just name calling. Of course, I can't trust you to know the difference.

I only have a word of advice and caution. Don't play up the racism issue to support the party of your choice, or attack the party you don't fancy. You're pro-Singapore and pro-Singaporean, aren't you? Why didn't I see you asking forummers to exercise restraints? Instead, I see you stoking the flame of racism.

唯恐天下不乱, 然后隔岸观火? Just be careful. Playing with racism fire is not what you can afford.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Racism is a lot more than just name calling. Just be careful. Playing with racism fire is not what you can afford.

So,I see.Malays had always been marginalized in SAF and other careers.

And if a Malay were to make a public statement about it.Your reactions is to equally warn him not play with fire too?

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Racism is a lot more than just name calling. Of course, I can't trust you to know the difference.

I only have a word of advice and caution. Don't play up the racism issue to support the party of your choice, or attack the party you don't fancy. You're pro-Singapore and pro-Singaporean, aren't you? Why didn't I see you asking forummers to exercise restraints? Instead, I see you stoking the flame of racism.

唯恐天下不乱, 然后隔岸观火? Just be careful. Playing with racism fire is not what you can afford.

You should tell that to your WP supporters for not playing race card and keep using racist derogatory term to drum up support from the Chinese chauvinists. I did not see you asking forummers to exercise any restraints but instead trying to defend them against the whistleblower.

If you are on the side of the Chinese chauvinists, just stand up and be counted as one. Instead you are hiding behind the facade of 'non-partisan' and 'noble-than-thou' while sniping against the whistleblowers.

You have been attacking GMS for hypocrisy. Yet you are worse than him.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
So,I see.Malays had always been marginalized in SAF and other careers.

And if a Malay were to make a public statement about it.Your reactions is to equally warn him not play with fire too?

I'm asking forummers to exercise restraints in our efforts to support the party of our choice/preference. I was explaining to skponggol that racism is more than just calling minority names. It's a lot more than that. There must be some form of malice and frankly, actions that discriminate along racial lines are much worse than derogatory remarks.

Did I ask Mr. Sajeev not to play with fire? No sir. If our Malay friends have any grievances over preferential treatment, he should voice it out in a manner that will help resolve the matter, or highlight it for attention so that no one should be discriminated because of race, religious, gender, age, sexual inclination, etc.

This helps?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should tell that to your WP supporters for not playing race card and keep using racist derogatory term to drum up support from the Chinese chauvinists. I did not see you asking forummers to exercise any restraints but instead trying to defend them against the whistleblower.

If you are on the side of the Chinese chauvinists, just stand up and be counted as one. Instead you are hiding behind the facade of 'non-partisan' and 'noble-than-thou' while sniping against the whistleblowers.

You have been attacking GMS for hypocrisy. Yet you are worse than him.

My call to exercise restraints is to all parties, regardless of whether you're supporting PAP or WP. Obviously I need to repeat so many times but let me say this one more time (and hope you get it).

I don't think those derogatory remarks we normally see in this forum are racist in nature. They maybe bad taste but I can deal with that. So I'm not complaining. But something would be racist if its intended to incite anger or hatred, even if it could be a perfectly gentleman statement.

But the situation seems to be getting out of hand lately with supporters from both sides arguing along racial lines. This is where I think we need to exercise restraints. And if that to you means I'm on the side of Chinese chauvinists, then you're free to make that conclusion. I'll not become a Chinese chauvinist just because you said so.

You're entitled to your opinion about me. Even though you think I'm worse than GMS, I still think you're much better than GMS because you're upfront about being anti-WP. For that, I respect you. Regardless of what you think about me.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
My call to exercise restraints is to all parties, regardless of whether you're supporting PAP or WP. Obviously I need to repeat so many times but let me say this one more time (and hope you get it).

I don't think those derogatory remarks we normally see in this forum are racist in nature. They maybe bad taste but I can deal with that. So I'm not complaining. But something would be racist if its intended to incite anger or hatred, even if it could be a perfectly gentleman statement.

But the situation seems to be getting out of hand lately with supporters from both sides arguing along racial lines. This is where I think we need to exercise restraints. And if that to you means I'm on the side of Chinese chauvinists, then you're free to make that conclusion. I'll not become a Chinese chauvinist just because you said so.

You're entitled to your opinion about me. Even though you think I'm worse than GMS, I still think you're much better than GMS because you're upfront about being anti-WP. For that, I respect you. Regardless of what you think about me.

You are just a hardcore WP supporter, pandering around as a non-partisan 'neutral'. Like your Chinese chauvinist comrades, you can tolerate all kind racial remarks against minorities but show zero tolerance against any criticism against the Chinese Workers' Party.

It is no surprise that WP continues to play the race card to solicit support.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok lah, let's all admit we support WP. As if supporting WP is a criminal offence under Penal Code. People should stick to their Grandmother (阿玛) stories.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok lah, let's all admit we support WP. As if supporting WP is a criminal offence under Penal Code. People should stick to their Grandmother (阿玛) stories.

You should tell that to that 'non-partisan' Hammerrhoid zombie who does not dare to come out of the closet and admit he is one.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just a hardcore WP supporter, pandering around as a non-partisan 'neutral'. Like your Chinese chauvinist comrades, you can tolerate all kind racial remarks against minorities but show zero tolerance against any criticism against the Chinese Workers' Party.

It is no surprise that WP continues to play the race card to solicit support.

You should tell that to that 'non-partisan' Hammerrhoid zombie who does not dare to come out of the closet and admit he is one.

In life, we fight battles that matter so that wars are won. And there must be fun in life, otherwise, why even live?

This fourm is fun because people generally let their hair down and express their views freely, even in a serious subject matter such as politics. So, I expect coarse language, sometime a bit abusive, often derogatory but usually not malicious, not hurtful, not threatening. And these coarse language and remarks are used generally across the board, not targeting specific supporters of PAP, or WP, or SDP, etc. Some of these remarks reflect bad taste, such as making fun of people's disabilities, or silly name calling (isn't the term "ah tiong" being used here frequently? aren't we ethnic Chinese too?). Do I feel offended? No. Because I'm blind to racism? Because I tolerate racial remarks? No, and I strongly disagree with that. The reason is simple. Its always about intent. If someone said something with the intent to hurt, I can tell. That is not tolerable. This will be the last time I explain myself to you. I've resisted calling you name until now, you silly prick and sorry ass.

You can label me anything you want. Chinese chauvinist if that pleases you. It just go to show how pathetic you're. Did it occur to you that your Chinese-themed story could be perceived to be a form of Chinese chauvinism? Chauvinism is bad per se, regardless of whether you derive your sense of superiority from race, language, religion or even beliefs. Your all-out attacks against WP, which is your belief, could be perceived as a form a chauvinism, no? In your eyes, WP supporters are like the lowest life forms, no? Just look at the way you say "You are just a hardcore WP supporter". Such disdain in your tone. You know what? If you see my reaction to your statement (that I'm a hardcore WP supporter), you'll probably spill blood and died. Because my response is one of non-chalance, indifference. Basically, I just shrugged my shoulder and say "Who cares?".

But you care. You care too much about inconsequential things in life. If you're fighting for greater equality in life, there are many battles out there that deserve your attention and actions. Don't sit behind the computer.

It's spring time now. Go smell some roses. Richard? Cheers! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spade is spade, WP is WP, racism is racism.
If you want to be a racist, just say so, don't hide hide like WP ok?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how much courage you need to admit to be a WP supporter. But I certainly know it is increasingly becoming an embarrassment to be associated with the label "former WP", when the gang associated with this label eg the FVI, LWL, OTL, JG etc. have shown themselves to be a bunch of losers in life.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how much courage you need to admit to be a WP supporter. But I certainly know it is increasingly becoming an embarrassment to be associated with the label "former WP", when the gang associated with this label eg the FVI, LWL, OTL, JG etc. have shown themselves to be a bunch of losers in life.

Like Low Thia Khiang and his cronies, it's unsurprising that you would find former WP members like David Marshal and JBJ, who were forced to quit, an embarassment to be associated with.

After all Low Thia Khiang is notorious for turning his back against those WP members who had helped him and served him faithfully, like JBJ, Eric Tan and now Poh Lee Guan.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low Thia Kiang is not a good character for sure. You can tell from the words that came out from his mouth as well as what is happening to his party now.

Why are the WP supporters so desperate to support such a guy knowing very well he is screwing up WP with his leadership?