• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another lost opportunity for a legacy for President Tan in PWP uproar?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My personal views aside, what matters here is this: the socio-political climate in Singapore can only become more tense as her people, aided by social media, become more vocal and assertive by challenging the existing social order and desiring more alternative voices in Parliament (if the results of Punggol East are anything to go by). As a result, there is likely to be more friction in society which in turn gives rise to opportunities for the President to exercise his moral authority. After all, a silent president will surely leave behind a muted legacy. It can be said that the late Mr. Ong set very high standards for presidential leadership for his successors. While it is unfair to expect President Tan and other future presidents to be like the late Mr. Ong, I sincerely hope that President Tan and his successors will, in their own ways, leave behind a fruitful and meaningful legacy for Singapore.

- http://thesideparting.wordpress.com...heong-an-exemplar-of-presidential-leadership/

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
The present president will want to sing the party tune. It is expected that he should not rock the pappy boat. If he puts his nose into the wrong cookie jar, he may not get a state funeral just like the late Ong Teng Cheong.

Bishan Tiger2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan is not my president. Tan Cheng Bok, Tan Jee Say, and even Tan Kin Lian could have done a better job in exercising the president's authority.

Tony Tan's campaign only brought up one positive thing for me - the knowledge that both his sons served NS as clerks while I was in the field digging my trench!

GeylangPimp

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion Tony Tan is the best person to work with the PAP because he was from there. He could easily synchronize seamlessly the president office with the parliament and work toward the betterment of . . . . . . . . .

(please fill in the blanks)

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan is not my president. Tan Cheng Bok, Tan Jee Say, and even Tan Kin Lian could have done a better job in exercising the president's authority.

Tony Tan's campaign only brought up one positive thing for me - the knowledge that both his sons served NS as clerks while I was in the field digging my trench!

[SIZE=3]BOTH SONS....//????[/SIZE]

Really unbecoming of a just and fair society..both sons land in a cool,cozy air-conditioned office
whereas Once Mighty England prince Andrew have to serve in a war raged country, Afganistan...