• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

another angmo coming...

n1etzche

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1522292

I'm considering working in Singapore (in healthcare, not IT). I've spoken to a recruiter as well as a friend who has recently moved there and I would be earning around SGD $4300 plus 500-600 housing allowance a month. May or may not get $5000 relocation allowance.

Am I mad for even considering this (current salary above AUD $70,000)?

(I don't care for expat lifestyle, don't drink alcohol, don't chew gum, don't care about nightlife, don't need condo with pool etc, I could live in a 2 bedroom HDB flat) I'm mainly looking at it from a point of view of better work/job opportunities and living in Asia (wife is from Philippines) as well as I like the more conservative attitudes, the school system, I don't think the government control is such a bad thing.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any ang moh is nuts to even consider working in Singapore unless he gets lots of expat perks and he wants to pick up young and gullible SPGs. Even if he got a pinay as a wife, the amount of SYTs flocking to him might be too hot to handle. :biggrin:

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is giving up nice weather, beautiful scenery, lush countryside for a concrete jungle filled with FTrash.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you were to consider the tax he pay in australia, it might not be a bad choice
Their high taxes is spent on the people. Jobless? Claim welfare.

You pay lesser taxes in SG, but you die, your business. Your money is used to host YOG.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i were him i will just come here to work, apply pr then fuck off after some years. get back cpf and kiss sinkie good bye

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would have paid more for living costs in Singapore, one big item is rent, not unless he wants to rent a bed space.