• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh say Singapore's prison is extremely harsh and inhumane

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is more siong than prison, for the combat soldiers at least. Long and hard physical workout everyday, lack of sleep and exposure to the elements. There are NS soldiers willing to go DB than to go through jungle training.
You kidding right? DB is no joke.......I would say on par or more siong than local prison.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prison life now more jialat especially for smokers.. In the present CPC, there is no way you could smuggle any ciggies there..

At least back then in the 80s, 90s when some inmates were housed at Prison Institutions like Selarang, Kaki Bukit, you could easily asked your outside connections to throw Ang Hoon at the perimeter fencings..

That's right. Some stopped smoking even when released. 2 of my ex-accused are now non-smokers. One served 5 yrs, the other 7. The latter gave up drinking too.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even small issue like hard and soft cover book, he KPKB! If he reading a book, does it matter is soft or hard cover?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's right. Some stopped smoking even when released. 2 of my ex-accused are now non-smokers. One served 5 yrs, the other 7. The latter gave up drinking too.

No more DRCs now they throw addicts inside prison also........drug addiction also can cure no problem.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really hor... "Rogue trader" Nick Leeson in his book stated that, he met many potential clients during his 3 and a half years in Sinkie gang-ridden prison.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You kidding right? DB is no joke.......I would say on par or more siong than local prison.

In the past we were psychoed into thinking that it was everyones duty to protect our country & home:rolleyes:

Then we find out about white horses, the different treatment accorded to more connected elites. The person who enjoyed this "special" treatment is our own PM:rolleyes: The lack of defibrillators in army ambulances. The unequal treatment by the system favouring females & foreigners.

I wonder if Sporean males are proud of what they are being forced to protect :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I periodically have this argument with my Kiwi libertarian friends about the purpose of a Prison sentence.

They are of the opinion that the primary purpose of a prison sentence is for rehabilitating the prisoner so that he'll come out as a reformed character who is no longer a threat to society. Time in prison should therefore be spent in a productive manner in order to achieve this outcome.

I am of the opinion that the primary purpose of a prison sentence is punishment for crimes committed. Prison should therefore be as unpleasant as possible so that upon release, the person will dread the thought of a prison sentence so much that he/she will never offend again.

What's wrong with doing both? Getting some kind of vocational training while being locked up.

We have all made mistakes while we were: young stealing, vandalism, reading playboy,.... For many of us we were not caught & have moved on. However for those who did caught by the authorities, unless one is connected the future is very bleak in Spore. Especially without any vocational training that is essential to get a decent job.