• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh say Singapore's prison is extremely harsh and inhumane

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can hear it in my head that a MIW will say "Do you want your tax to increase for us to implement this?"

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoy fren of mine says that at Santa Cruz Prison, the inmate is allow to shag his wife behind the adjusted curtain.
And that area is popular for those who hv family member who are in cell. No wonder, babies boom there.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the fuck that angmo expect? You go to prison to get punished. Not go to prison to enjoy. If we make prisons like holiday camp, criminals will have no fears of committing crimes to go back to their holiday camp prisons. No wonder there are so many crimes and repeat offenders in the west.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for comfort, I don't know about that, never been in jail, never want to be. Taking away one's freedom itself would be something I would likely be unable to live with.

Cheers!

Didn't you do NS:smile:

Even as ROD personnel inmates must report to their parole officers on a regular basis:wink:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't you do NS:smile:

Even as ROD personnel inmates must report to their parole officers on a regular basis:wink:
NS is more siong than prison, for the combat soldiers at least. Long and hard physical workout everyday, lack of sleep and exposure to the elements. There are NS soldiers willing to go DB than to go through jungle training.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prison life now more jialat especially for smokers.. In the present CPC, there is no way you could smuggle any ciggies there..

At least back then in the 80s, 90s when some inmates were housed at Prison Institutions like Selarang, Kaki Bukit, you could easily asked your outside connections to throw Ang Hoon at the perimeter fencings..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are less likely to harmed, bullied, or your life taken away in a Singapore prison than any other prison in the world. Ask him to go to Peruvian prison to watch telly. Singapore prison is spartan but there are high hygiene and food standards.

There is a reason why a person is sent to prison and why it is designed to operate as such. Why is he so concerned about Singapore prison when the prisons in the West are run by the inmates rather than by the warders.If he can bring down the rate of murders and assaults in any Western prison by even 10% he would have my respect.

Reminds me of the old neighbourhood Lau Ah Soh talking about other kids when her own kids are a problem.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all not Tommy Suharto, so no bloody villa for jail time!
Second of all, the only Swiss standard in Singapore are the expenses and not the lifestyle!
So Changi Holiday Inn can only compare with Bangkok HILTON & not Hilton Bangkok!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I periodically have this argument with my Kiwi libertarian friends about the purpose of a Prison sentence.

They are of the opinion that the primary purpose of a prison sentence is for rehabilitating the prisoner so that he'll come out as a reformed character who is no longer a threat to society. Time in prison should therefore be spent in a productive manner in order to achieve this outcome.

I am of the opinion that the primary purpose of a prison sentence is punishment for crimes committed. Prison should therefore be as unpleasant as possible so that upon release, the person will dread the thought of a prison sentence so much that he/she will never offend again.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing short of Siberian labor camp could cure a criminal.
Most inmates convicted for violent crimes went back to their old self once they are out.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Most inmates convicted for violent crimes went back to their old self once they are out.

My opinion would then be that they were not successfully beaten into submission. Prison life was too easy.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
My opinion would then be that they were not successfully beaten into submission. Prison life was too easy.

Beating only toughens 'em up. They are career criminals. Locking them up should be for lifetime, or maroon them in Diaoyu Islands - to protect society.

Cheers!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Beating only toughens 'em up. They are career criminals. Locking them up should be for lifetime, or maroon them in Diaoyu Islands - to protect society.

Cheers!

Beating doesn't have to be physical in nature. There are many other ways to break a person's spirit. When I was OC HQ company and the DB came under my wing, I found the best method was isolation. With many hardcore offenders, all it took was a week and they were reformed for the remaining period of their NS.

Whether this continued after ROD I do not know.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat y for violent crimes. It must be capital punishment. Results r permanent n it saves time n money. After all such criminals cant b rehabilitated. It achieve all its objectives. At a good price n protects society for violent behaviour

jw5

Loyal
Beating doesn't have to be physical in nature. There are many other ways to break a person's spirit. When I was OC HQ company and the DB came under my wing, I found the best method was isolation. With many hardcore offenders, all it took was a week and they were reformed for the remaining period of their NS.

Whether this continued after ROD I do not know.

Isolation only works as a punishment for needy people.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry to break your hearts, I actually enjoyed my NS time, no kidding! Was never called for reservist. My reservist booklet has never been opened before, no kidding!

Cheers!

Even if you enjoyed yourself, NS is really a waste of time. It represents lost oppurtunity that can never be made up. I really felt this lost when I was studying overseas when my fellow students were 3 to 4 years younger than I was. FYI in Canada you can enter University with after you your "O" levels. The Spore educational system has really screwed Sporeans. You spend such a long time time in the school system & even when you have a degree you have to juggle work & reservist commitments with upgrading courses.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prison life in S'pore is very safe.. Its unheard of to hear about inmates being killed in a prison gang fight..

In fact as far as I know, in one rare case, an inmate at QRP was whacked to death by 3 prison officers way back in mid 90s..The dead inmate was a Malay.. The assaulters were also Malay officers..