• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh Appalled by $5.6k Bill for 2hr Day Surgery!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Hospital's estimate: $1,800 Final bill: $5,600
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I RECENTLY had a hand operation at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. At the hospital's admissions, I was told that the estimated hospital bill would be $1,800.
I had the day surgery with no complications. As I was leaving, the hospital gave me an additional bill for $3,800. That came up to a total of $5,600 for two hours in the hospital.
What happened to the estimate? Isn't it supposed to be a close approximation to the actual cost? Or is it just an arbitrary dollar amount the hospital comes up with and then charges whatever it wants? What does estimate mean? Sharon A. Morris (Mrs)

This Ang mor will be better off if he stay in Bangkok. The bills will be cheaper and service quality is good.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, agree. The newton case invloves $500, and this case more than 10 times more. Should close down the hospital for 3 years.

Solly lah fren

One is cheated by eLEEtes at eLEEte hospital, the other is cheated by peesai peasants at peasant makanplace (i.e. hawker center).

Hospital won't be shut down by one nanosecond even if it cheats every single angmoh who cums.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ang moh should have done his research before coming to Singapore.

If the ministers here are the highest paid in the world (with the PM paid more than the US President , British/Japanese PM combined), surely things cannot be cheaper than US/UK/Japan-if not where's the ministers salaries coming from?

Same for those fellas at Newton-why are they screaming at only a few hundred bucks when S'poreans are keeping quiet even when billions are lost.

Just tell them to take a long term view.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a local who's had to be hospitalised I did notice how busy the billing department is. Before you are admitted you have to visit that dept to make sure you have enough $$$ & when you check out you have to visit that dept again to settle the bill.

Next time I'll go to Bangkok or Malacca :rolleyes:

th_front-hoching.jpg
th_jt4aj5.gif
th_php8CE9ht.jpg

We lost $260B Without REGRET! Life is Unpredictable lah! Accept it, my Dear Slaves! *hee*hee*hee*

screwdriver181

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Hospital's estimate: $1,800 Final bill: $5,600
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I RECENTLY had a hand operation at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. At the hospital's admissions, I was told that the estimated hospital bill would be $1,800.
I had the day surgery with no complications. As I was leaving, the hospital gave me an additional bill for $3,800. That came up to a total of $5,600 for two hours in the hospital.
What happened to the estimate? Isn't it supposed to be a close approximation to the actual cost? Or is it just an arbitrary dollar amount the hospital comes up with and then charges whatever it wants? What does estimate mean? Sharon A. Morris (Mrs)

In Singapore they say, if you fall sick better die faster cause the bill will bring you to your death eventually as well, but a slower and painful death.