• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Mo laugh at hungry ghost

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmmmmmm.... mother and son got diff meh? y must worship two? Mr TeeKEE, pls enlighten.........:biggrin:

Yup! Now we have Christians worshipping the Father, the Son and the Mother. And also not forgetting they putting on the crucifrix and worshipping the Cross too. Of course if u ask Mr TanKee, he will deny and tell u otherwise. U just need to refer to their gospel and go to any churches to witness yourself.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
When u start laughing at others belief, u must be prepared to be laughed at too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if Taoism not a religion, how come I saw some worshippers in the temple praying/worshipping to a tiger diety? :confused::rolleyes:

Taoism is a practice that evolved into a religion, pretty much like Buddhism. Why is Buddhism also not a religion? Buddha himself never taught about any supreme being nor did he claim divinity.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is Buddhism also not a religion? Buddha himself never taught about any supreme being nor did he claim divinity.

Then why I am taught to fill up as "buddhism" under "religion" whenever I applied for a job application? Oh ya. You going to tell me Buddha never tell me to indicate buddhism as my religion. :rolleyes: So infuture, all job application, should indicate as NIL. :rolleyes:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then why I am taught to fill up as "buddhism" under "religion" whenever I applied for a job application? Oh ya. You going to tell me Buddha never tell me to indicate buddhism as my religion. :rolleyes: So infuture, all job application, should indicate as NIL. :rolleyes:

Yes, Buddhism is not exactly a religion, but a way of life.

:rolleyes:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, Buddhism is not exactly a religion, but a way of life. :rolleyes:

Hmm..If its true, why you end with a rolleyes there?

If its true then did Buddhism teaches u the moment u wake up in the morning and till sunset what u should do? Were you taught about hygiene? Dress code? etc etc

Btw, since Buddhist dont believe the existence of God, what did Buddha find out about life after his enlightenment? Just curious..

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try ascetism to understand the buddhist concept of personal care.

Hmm..If its true, why you end with a rolleyes there?

If its true then did Buddhism teaches u the moment u wake up in the morning and till sunset what u should do? Were you taught about hygiene? Dress code? etc etc

Btw, since Buddhist dont believe the existence of God, what did Buddha find out about life after his enlightenment? Just curious..

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PRCs like to laugh at things they dun know. Once you tell them how you burnt some incenses and stuck toto, I am sure they will start burning incense as well.

In China, there was a trend when no PRCs would dare to reject a Want Want biscuit cos it is akin to rejecting Wang (prosperity). Talk about superstitions.

the PRCs have Mao to thank for their ignorance

of course, Money is the new god for the PRCs - it is a rare PRC who will not choose Money over Mao

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

I already said buddhism 'evolved' into a religion. Buddha never taught any1 to pray to any god/s and definitely not to himself. Have you studied the life of buddha, btw? He only taught about why there is suffering and how to avoid suffering. Peaple started worshipping him after his death. This happens with all the taoist deities also. It is the humans who made it into a religion. Hope that helps.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

He was enlightened about why there are sufferings in this world and he had words of wisdom to help humankind understand and avoid sufferings. He never met God, never prayed to God and never taught about God.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was enlightened about why there are sufferings in this world and he had words of wisdom to help humankind understand and avoid sufferings. He never met God, never prayed to God and never taught about God.

I know he was "enlightened" while sitting under the Bodhi tree. But what made him "enlightened"?

I suppose he teaches karma law? Cause and Effect? Who taught Buddha all those stuffs? Enlightened, u say?

Can tell me chicken or the egg theroy? Of course in Buddhism aspect.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, he also taught about karma and the cycles of life. He just suddenly felt he had all the answers. No one taught him anything. So, it all happened in his mind. You could say he suddenly became wise. Thats all.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, he also taught about karma and the cycles of life. He just suddenly felt he had all the answers. No one taught him anything. So, it all happened in his mind. You could say he suddenly became wise. Thats all.

:eek: Hmm.....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they can laugh all they want.
but some of their kinds also believe in it.

Deh, dont get me wrong ya. Not laughing and its not right too to laugh at others belief. To each his own. But the reply was kind of left me speechless! :eek:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey, dun know means dun know. No need to smoke. This is not an examination.

The Buddha, as a Bodhisattva and a normal sentient being before that, had gone through countless lives practising and figuring out the Truth. His practice came to fruition 2500 years ago under the Bodhi Tree when he meditated to gain Enlightenment.

This Enlightenment is not "sudden" or "just happens". It is the result of eons of practice. As for who taught him, the first beginning, where is the Buddha now? The Buddha taught that it is not fruitful to know all this as it is beyond our understanding.

I know this seems like a copout but consider this. What is the first number and what is the last number? You can deduce that there is no first number and there is no last number? Thus there is no beginning or end to samsara.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Buddha, as a Bodhisattva and a normal sentient being before that, had gone through countless lives practising and figuring out the Truth. His practice came to fruition 2500 years ago under the Bodhi Tree when he meditated to gain Enlightenment.

This Enlightenment is not "sudden" or "just happens". It is the result of eons of practice. .

Countless lives before? Really? How do you know? Because its in the buddhist scriptures? Sorry but I prefer to relate purely historical facts.. and that is exactly what happened, he meditated under the bodhi tree and 'became' enlightened.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
His enlightenment was achieved within his lifetime. A sage who fully understood the unavoidable cycles of life, the futility of religion and causes and consequences of one's actions.

Countless lives before? Really? How do you know? Because its in the buddhist scriptures? Sorry but I prefer to relate purely historical facts.. and that is exactly what happened, he meditated under the bodhi tree and 'became' enlightened.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His enlightenment was achieved within his lifetime. A sage who fully understood the unavoidable cycles of life, the futility of religion and causes and consequences of one's actions.

So, Buddha doesnt believe in God. But did he tell u whether the chicken or the egg came out first?

When u say Buddha was enlightened while sitting under the Bodhi tree, he got all the answers about life and death. But "who" gave him those answers? Cause & effect (karma) practically endorsed by most religions, fyi.