• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Andrew Loh's Public House versus New Asia Republic

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all forummers:

Most of you have heard of Andrew Loh's Public House, but wonder if you guys heard of New Asia Republic.

Staff of both editorials broke away from TOC.

How do you think PH measures up against NAR?

What are your thoughts?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Basically they are not comparable. NAR has a wider scope while Public House is much narrow.

Overall, I prefer NAR.

Goh Meng Seng

Hi all forummers:

Most of you have heard of Andrew Loh's Public House, but wonder if you guys heard of New Asia Republic.

What are your thoughts?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi all forummers:

What are your thoughts?

Both have their own style, but NAR seems to be getting slower and lesser updates.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these new websites, how they actually make $$$?

Actually the question is how do they get paid not make money. Public House is seriously one of the most crappy whatever I have seen to date. TOC which I do not think too much about most of the time is far better, and recently so without whatever of an Andrew. I find it totally a waste of time to read PH or whatever it anoints itself to be.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically they are not comparable. NAR has a wider scope while Public House is much narrow.

Overall, I prefer NAR.

Goh Meng Seng

yes, nar more varied and more insightful. but coz of that, lesser pull compared to ph which talks about cost of living etc. andrew loh got good heart, but intellectual not up there compared to nar.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all forummers:

What are your thoughts?

u ask ppl their thoughts but yet you don't even offer yours? you doing your jc gp paper too lazy to think for yourself ah?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why only restrict to these two? TRE is okay as well.

I am only avoiding TT and TRS. Both are crap.

If you wonder why the opposition can't stay together, take a look at the blogosphere.

The Online Citizen split into itself, New Nation, NAR and Publichouse. 1 became 4.

Temasek Review split into TRE, Temasek Times and The Real Singapore. 1 became 3.

Conclusion: Those with big opinions tend to have big ambitions.

Those with big pockets stay together (like PAP).

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One is run by someone who is paid a stipend by the Institute of Policy Studies, the other is run by someone who wishes he could also be paid a stipend.

Hi all forummers:

What are your thoughts?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually the question is how do they get paid not make money. Public House is seriously one of the most crappy whatever I have seen to date. TOC which I do not think too much about most of the time is far better, and recently so without whatever of an Andrew. I find it totally a waste of time to read PH or whatever it anoints itself to be.

I rather read ST and CNA. At least that's the final objective, rather than the half way mark that PH has aimed at.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why only restrict to these two? TRE is okay as well.

I am only avoiding TT and TRS. Both are crap.

tre and toc converging, behaving alike. support each other now, compared to last time. fans of old tr under joseph ong would go for tt, as tt is under joseph ong now! lol

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
u ask ppl their thoughts but yet you don't even offer yours? you doing your jc gp paper too lazy to think for yourself ah?

No. I am with the others. I think Public House lacks depth and quality. Just that I don't want to influence opinions, that's why I don't state what I think.

And yeah, GP was decades ago. Wait, sorry I never went to JC. So what is GP?

Haha