• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Analysis of Opposition status in Sig

SPP needs to double up or face redundancy post Chiam's era. Walk the ground regularly, be active in social media. Make your presence felt by opposing, questioning and debating on PAP policies. Know your strategy, stop making news for all the wrong reasons within your CEC fight. SDP has passed all that and is growing and progressing momentarily, has became 3rd largest opposition in Singapore.

SDP secured votes is now 45% and huge jumped from 33% in the past while SPP has digressed from 51% to 33% from the past 2 elections. Something serious is happening.

PSP is a completely new party, riding at the backdrop of TCB and LHY, without which, PSP secured percentage is only about 30%. Tan Cheng Bock is old already. New prominent blood needs to be injected to replace him or face the same situation as SPP.

Without the presence of TCB in future, I hope SPP and PSP can merge together, and form the 2nd largest opposition in Singapore.

RP & SDA, these two jokers can continue to act as destraction to dilute PAP resources from attacking the other 3 main oppositions in Singapore In this regard, Good Job.

NSP, main Tampines turf did not gain much traction for many decades. Time to consider relinguishing their area to WP and call it quit or join coalition with PSP, SPP AND PSP.

WP, being the greatest threat to PAP, will be seeing more prominent figures and extremely qualified candidates joining its team in the coming years. It has sealed 70% supporters in its old turf and continue to drive more votes in other Eastern Zone. PAP is shitting in the pants based on this GE result. Taking 1/3 majority in parliament is no longer too far fetched for WP.

As for other smaller parties, unheard of, going to form or newly form. You need to give yourself two tight slaps on the face and to wake the dream out of you. You are best masturbating in your own room to yield more satisfaction than trying compete for a seat and count yourself lucky not to have lost your election deposit.

What are the opposition going to do for the next 5 years given that Jurong voters are still very much retarded.

My suggestion. PSP continue to wrestle PAP from west coast GRC. Make it a permanent base from now onwards.

I have wished the East Coast GRC and West Coast GRC taken by opposition in this GE, which means Singapore opposition has sealed 1/3 of parliament seat. Not to worry, another 4 years is not too far away!!! Sit tight, work hard, let PAP screw up our HDB and CPF and then pray hard that Jurong voters could finally wake up!!!

realDonaldTrump

SPP needs to double up or face redundancy post Chiam's era. Walk the ground regularly, be active in social media. Make your presence felt by opposing, questioning and debating on PAP policies. Know your strategy, stop making news for all the wrong reasons within your CEC fight. SDP has passed all that and is growing and progressing momentarily, has became 3rd largest opposition in Singapore.

SDP secured votes is now 45% and huge jumped from 33% in the past while SPP has digressed from 51% to 33% from the past 2 elections. Something serious is happening.

PSP is a completely new party, riding at the backdrop of TCB and LHY, without which, PSP secured percentage is only about 30%. Tan Cheng Bock is old already. New prominent blood needs to be injected to replace him or face the same situation as SPP.

Without the presence of TCB in future, I hope SPP and PSP can merge together, and form the 2nd largest opposition in Singapore.

RP & SDA, these two jokers can continue to act as destraction to dilute PAP resources from attacking the other 3 main oppositions in Singapore In this regard, Good Job.

NSP, main Tampines turf did not gain much traction for many decades. Time to consider relinguishing their area to WP and call it quit or join coalition with PSP, SPP AND PSP.

WP, being the greatest threat to PAP, will be seeing more prominent figures and extremely qualified candidates joining its team in the coming years. It has sealed 70% supporters in its old turf and continue to drive more votes in other Eastern Zone. PAP is shitting in the pants based on this GE result. Taking 1/3 majority in parliament is no longer too far fetched for WP.

As for other smaller parties, unheard of, going to form or newly form. You need to give yourself two tight slaps on the face and to wake the dream out of you. You are best masturbating in your own room to yield more satisfaction than trying compete for a seat and count yourself lucky not to have lost your election deposit.

What are the opposition going to do for the next 5 years given that Jurong voters are still very much retarded.

My suggestion. PSP continue to wrestle PAP from west coast GRC. Make it a permanent base from now onwards.

I have wished the East Coast GRC and West Coast GRC taken by opposition in this GE, which means Singapore opposition has sealed 1/3 of parliament seat. Not to worry, another 4 years is not too far away!!! Sit tight, work hard, let PAP screw up our HDB and CPF and then pray hard that Jurong voters could finally wake up!!!

Part 1. Chiam's wife messed up SPP and drove many away. WP/SDP/PSP would have done better than SPP in Potong Pasir.

Part 2. Something's weird about Low Thia Khiang and Chen Show Mao. If both of them stood in another two SMCs or jointly in East Coast, they were extremely likely to bring in more seats. Could Chen Show Mao be getting ready for the next Presidential Elections? He does meet the tough criterias.

Part 3. SDP put up an excellent fight but they can't get any seat. This party has baggage. Some highly educated seniors still missed the Ling How Doong and Chiam See Tong's era. SDP is filled with many good passionate professional members but the middle ground and less-educated are less able to relate to their language. This will perpetually hinder SDP's chance to cross 50%, even if they feature top-notch Dr Paul Tambyah. The only way forward is to merge with WP. WP will be able to penetrate the districts in the west by tapping on SDP's past groundworks. It must be a merger. It cannot be an alliance or WP's takeover; to leave no chance for moles to sow discords. I hope the visionaries in both parties will make this happen.

Part 4. PSP will find it hard to duplicate GE2020's results, going forward. Hazel Poa and several other members are superb but the party is very SDP in nature (please refer to Part 3). The failure for Tan Cheng Bock to cross the 50% line, further hints that they have the same issues as SDP. If we look at Japan's LDP and Taiwan's KMT, PSP will only grow if Tan Cheng Bock and his team can convince more PAP MP and Ministers to join PSP (eg. George Yeo?). Hope PSP recognizes this and do what they are good at.

Part 5. PV has some respectable members, including Dr Michael Fang, Leong Sze Hian, Lim Tean, etc. This party is more focused on macro issues than SDP. Unlike the political system in Indonesia, Taiwan which award some legislative seats to parties with broad-based support but unable to clinch any districts, such visionary parties like PV will not clinch any seats in Singapore. In many ways, PV is more JBJ than JBJ son's Reform Party. I hope PV will take the initiative and merge with Reform Party. The existence and sustainability of this group is extremely important to the larger oppositions too. They are frank with hard-truths that stronger opposition parties dare not highlight. They help the middle-ground to recognize the failure of the incumbents' policies and allow these voters to find comfort by supporting the less aggressive oppositions. And who knows, they will find success at some point in their political career.

Part 6. A few political parties make opposition look bad in Singapore. I salute them for their courage but their very existence, awards a high level of popular votes for PAP and risk 3-cornered fights. I apologize that I feel that SDA and PPP should stand down.

Part 7. NSP and Red Dot did not put opposition to shame. They are the perfect ground for grooming future political stars for other parties, eg.
- RD Michelle Lee is a good fit for SDP
- RD Ravi Philemon is a good fit for PV
- NSP Nicole Seah almost killed Goh Chok Tong in Marine Parade before going over to WP
- NSP Hazel Poa went over to PSP, her husband is also a gem (former NSP member)
- NSP also produced Steve Chia, Jeanette Chong-Aruldoss, etc.

Parting Words
These are just my humble observations as an outsider. I believe there are a lot of goodwill between our opposition parties because three-corner fights have been successfully kept to minimal.I hope our opposition parties will stay focused and do what they are good at, and stay united in our hearts.

I agree that many members from smaller parties can be "repurposed".. but they first have to figure out the rules of the game.

Smaller parties lack resource and manpower to work the ground so their reach would be through social media.​
Stop contesting in aging estates where old folks will vote Pap until they die.​
Concentrate on SMCs rather than GRCs​
Use more guest stars as endorsers for your campaigns (like LHY for PSP)​

KJ's continued fruitless efforts will remain bare. His childish comments
about something being taken away and forced into AMK was naive. His
party did not have the power, what did he expect.

He is still nursing misplaced feelings that WP "belongs" to him, since it
was founded by his daddy. This sense of entitlement belongs only to the
PAP. His bitterness was laid bare by his cryptic remarks when writing about
LKT's fall at home. Crass.

LordElrond

WP and SDP: very hard to merge... Chee is not about to give up. I remember he used Nelson Mandela as a role model of his struggle. It is better to keep the 2 parties separate. As long as they don’t enter 3 corner fights.

I don’t see PSP getting anywhere once TCB leaves. Lim Tean’s Party can’t even tap Josephine Teo’s buttocks despite her screw up... I don’t see them getting anyway either.

This might not go well with some supporters but my personal view is, for greater good... all parties apart from Workers Party and SDP should bow out. There is really no space for more than 2 opposition parties. I am hoping PSP can merge with SDP once Ah Bock goes. For Workers Parties, I see strict discipline and no- nonsense style of governance which is very good. Even Nicole Seah with all her fame is not automatically given an easy SMC win, this speaks volumes of WP philosophy. They seem to have done everything right. Good succession plan, continuing to attract young talents... merging any other parties with WP will cause too much disruption

Solid ground work is needed everywhere.

Was it Calvin Cheng saying MIW grassroots must pull out of all opposition-held wards? If this happens, even more work must be complete with coordination between WP and vendors- Hopefully more vendors can come forward.

The opposition dun need to do anything
It’s the voters that need to wise up.
Giving the opposition 20-30% in some wards is akin to Welcoming pap to carry on with their Butt fucking ways.

realDonaldTrump

The opposition dun need to do anything
It’s the voters that need to wise up.
Giving the opposition 20-30% in some wards is akin to Welcoming pap to carry on with their Butt fucking ways.

I believe many of us saw the videos of Sengkang residents shouting in their estates that night, Hougang and Aljunied celebrating on the streets.
That was so genuine.

PAP won AMK with 70%, Bishan with 67%, Jurong with 75%, did you see the electorate in these districts celebrating that night (morning)?
Did you see that kind of passion? Nope.

I believe many of us saw the videos of Sengkang residents shouting in their estates that night, Hougang and Aljunied celebrating on the streets.
That was so genuine.

PAP won AMK with 70%, Bishan with 67%, Jurong with 75%, do you see the electorate in these districts celebrating that night (morning)?
Do you see that kind of passion? Nope.
Is the demographics so different in Bishan and Sengkang? Or AMK vs Aljunied? Both wards are geopolitically very close too. So those voters in pap are brain damaged or they live in an alternate universe where pap isn’t a fucked up government

realDonaldTrump

Is the demographics so different in Bishan and Sengkang? Or AMK vs Aljunied? Both wards are geopolitically very close too. So those voters in pap are brain damaged or they live in an alternate universe where pap isn’t a fucked up government

Selfish.
The kind of victory in Bishan is not worth anything. People there voted for PAP because they are selfish, it wasn't what their heart wants.
So they are ashamed of their victory/votes.

A Singaporean

That was so genuine.

PAP won AMK with 70%, Bishan with 67%, Jurong with 75%, did you see the electorate in these districts celebrating that night (morning)?
Did you see that kind of passion? Nope.
Sinkies in PAP won constituencies know that they will be fucked with influx of CECAs. So how to be happy?

Part 1. Chiam's wife messed up SPP and drove many away. WP/SDP/PSP would have done better than SPP in Potong Pasir.

Part 2. Something's weird about Low Thia Khiang and Chen Show Mao. If both of them stood in another two SMCs or jointly in East Coast, they were extremely likely to bring in more seats. Could Chen Show Mao be getting ready for the next Presidential Elections? He does meet the tough criterias.

Part 3. SDP put up an excellent fight but they can't get any seat. This party has baggage. Some highly educated seniors still missed the Ling How Doong and Chiam See Tong's era. SDP is filled with many good passionate professional members but the middle ground and less-educated are less able to relate to their language. This will perpetually hinder SDP's chance to cross 50%, even if they feature top-notch Dr Paul Tambyah. The only way forward is to merge with WP. WP will be able to penetrate the districts in the west by tapping on SDP's past groundworks. It must be a merger. It cannot be an alliance or WP's takeover; to leave no chance for moles to sow discords. I hope the visionaries in both parties will make this happen.

Part 4. PSP will find it hard to duplicate GE2020's results, going forward. Hazel Poa and several other members are superb but the party is very SDP in nature (please refer to Part 3). The failure for Tan Cheng Bock to cross the 50% line, further hints that they have the same issues as SDP. If we look at Japan's LDP and Taiwan's KMT, PSP will only grow if Tan Cheng Bock and his team can convince more PAP MP and Ministers to join PSP (eg. George Yeo?). Hope PSP recognizes this and do what they are good at.

Part 5. PV has some respectable members, including Dr Michael Fang, Leong Sze Hian, Lim Tean, etc. This party is more focused on macro issues than SDP. Unlike the political system in Indonesia, Taiwan which award some legislative seats to parties with broad-based support but unable to clinch any districts, such visionary parties like PV will not clinch any seats in Singapore. In many ways, PV is more JBJ than JBJ son's Reform Party. I hope PV will take the initiative and merge with Reform Party. The existence and sustainability of this group is extremely important to the larger oppositions too. They are frank with hard-truths that stronger opposition parties dare not highlight. They help the middle-ground to recognize the failure of the incumbents' policies and allow these voters to find comfort by supporting the less aggressive oppositions. And who knows, they will find success at some point in their political career.

Part 6. A few political parties make opposition look bad in Singapore. I salute them for their courage but their very existence, awards a high level of popular votes for PAP and risk 3-cornered fights. I apologize that I feel that SDA and PPP should stand down.

Part 7. NSP and Red Dot did not put opposition to shame. They are the perfect ground for grooming future political stars for other parties, eg.
- RD Michelle Lee is a good fit for SDP
- RD Ravi Philemon is a good fit for PV
- NSP Nicole Seah almost killed Goh Chok Tong in Marine Parade before going over to WP
- NSP Hazel Poa went over to PSP, her husband is also a gem (former NSP member)
- NSP also produced Steve Chia, Jeanette Chong-Aruldoss, etc.

Parting Words
These are just my humble observations as an outsider. I believe there are a lot of goodwill between our opposition parties because three-corner fights have been successfully kept to minimal.I hope our opposition parties will stay focused and do what they are good at, and stay united in our hearts.

Yes, Chiam's wife ought to be spanked for making PP PAP.

PSP sucks. SDP always sucks with Chee SJ around.

Nicole Seah is quite useless. Really. No sense of loyalty. Go run in Australia. Even in a proper democracy she CMI.

NSP is also crap. Too much GMS baggage.

GMS himself is worthless.

TCB, LHY are cartoon figures. The losers oppo can buy their comic books or figures for their children.

Pritam better play it well. Anyway, Chan, Heng and their clan may be crap, but he can be fodder if he doesn't watch it.

Next Presidential Election will either be a walkover or reserved for new FT.