• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An open letter to Lim Kit Siang of Malaysia Democratic Action Party (DAP)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Just because LKY created an economic success story does not mean we should not criticize the methods he has employed.

Yes, we should be able to criticize L.K.Y. Locke has criticized L.K.Y. on many occasions. So it's unfair to brand Locke as a L.K.Y. admirer or PAP apologist just because he agrees with him and them on certain issues.

2. He might have been a successful politician, but no one can be sure another person employing vasting different methods would not have achieved the same level of success.

This argument is the same as saying that Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill might not be the best leaders for the allies during WW2. There could be many more else more capable who didn't emerge then.

3. LKY was a very different man before and after independence. I have tried to make that distinction clear, and apparently you have not.

Surely a man goes through changes through the many phases life. Haven't you? Locke too. He went from an apolitical civil servant to an independent businessman and member of an opposition party. Hasn't he?

4. The wool that I assert has been pulled over Ahmad Mustapha's eyes is not that he has failed to recognize the failings of the BN, but that he has put the PAP on an unnecessarily high pedestal. Again, you confuse my points.

Ahmad Mustapha is playing up internal politics by leveraging on free foreign politics. Sometimes they whack PAP for domestic political consumption, sometimes they sayang PAP for the same purpose. PAP politicians do that to Malaysia and other countries too, on an even more frequent basis. Even SDP and the other opposition parties sometimes do that.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, we should be able to criticize L.K.Y. Locke has criticized L.K.Y. on many occasions. So it's unfair to brand Locke as a L.K.Y. admirer or PAP apologist ... ... ... Surely a man goes through changes through the many phases life. Haven't you? Locke too. ... ... ... Ahmad Mustapha is playing up internal politics by leveraging on free foreign politics. Sometimes they whack PAP for domestic political consumption, sometimes they sayang PAP for the same purpose.

1. I did not label locke a PAP or LKY apologist because of his posts in this thread.

2. Yes, all men change over time. I am merely emphasizing LKY changed to a dictator.

3. Of course, politicians leverage on each other's politics. When I write I do the same thing too. I also use words and phrases judiciously in order to advance/promote my own political beliefs. I am neither neutral nor non-partisan, you know.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ejay

Perhaps not in this thread or in this posts but then in a past reincarnation in a recently extinct kopi tiam , in many threads there. Ok New Coffe Shop New Birth etc and etc. I hope for many a fruitful discussion and disagreements with you here.

Locke

mustpaycashhhh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Umno no good. Abdullah no good. Lee Kuan Yew no good. Ah Loong no good. Man in white no good. Hougang Low no good. Evrybody no good. Dat mean everybody lousy lah.

No. Only Chee Soon Juan very good. He the very perfect.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="Magenta[B]"]"...If people who are engaged in public affairs from whatever angle sow intolerance instead, they will reap cynicism and apathy from the wider public. Nobody should be surprised when either bully talk by those with power or histrionics by those without leave the broad middle ground turned off..."[/[/B]COLOR]

Cherian George

Dear Ejay

Some of your points have validity and I stand clarified as to my statements. The reference to "my way or the highway" is specific to SDP supporters, the reference to "all the way or nothing" is with regards to the SDP.

The "gall reference" is a very general reference borne out of my observation of both the SDP and its supporters. If your views reflect that of the majority then I stand corrected as I do agree with your statements on the suppression of certain basic freedoms at the high costs of economic development and income inequality, more so today than in the past.

I still view the battle between Dr Chee and the PAP more as something born out of a personal fight with a high degree of personal animosity and emotion. I hope that JBJ and the reform party does not fall prey to the same failures.
I stated "we" because I believe I do reflect the views to some extent of that of the silent majority or the swing vote. The electoral facts do point do that silent majority not "hating the PAP." Something which you can chose to accept or not.

Cheers

Locke

manlovesbeef

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo Kojak...wah nice gif...hahahhaha...machiam Guns N Roses...but this is Kojak and Roses...heheheh....ya we muct whack this sdp clowns when they start to post like machiam their views is what every chingaporean should believe in....

I agree with you too that LKY was the right man for his generation...you gotta respect a winner......how to disagree when you see your country transform economically for the better from the 70"s to present....how to disagree when you visit KTVs all over the region and you have Viet, Thai, Cheena, Mudlaysian gals all exclaiming how lucky you are to be a chingaporean....hehehehe.....oops...csj, as well as a lot of sdp supporters are bankrupts or belong to the lower echelon of society...they cant enjoy the ktv pleasures.....but i tell you this present batch of pap guys are too soft....and their ah neh/ang mo talent policy is wayyy to liberal....

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ejay

.... The reference to "my way or the highway" is specific to SDP supporters, the reference to "all the way or nothing" is with regards to the SDP.

I still view the battle between Dr Chee and the PAP more as something born out of a personal fight with a high degree of personal animosity and emotion. I hope that JBJ and the reform party does not fall prey to the same failures.
I stated "we" because I believe I do reflect the views to some extent of that of the silent majority or the swing vote. The electoral facts do point do that silent majority not "hating the PAP." Something which you can chose to accept or not.

Cheers

Locke

So life is always easier for you to see SDP supporters as being 'my way' or 'the high way' and SDP as 'all the way' or 'nothing' and Chee as someone who is 'born out of a personal fight with a high degree of personal animosity and emotion' or nothing else. The voters will be either the 'silent majority' or the 'swing vote'.

So when it comes to something you dislike, it will be easier for you to paint them in 'black and white', rather than in 'many shades of colours' and 'greys'?

According to your warp logic, voting for PAP means not hating PAP. So not voting for SDP means hating SDP? There were no other considerations and factors in the voters' mind except love or hate during electoral campaigning? No other considerations such as HDB upgrading, building of parks, hospitals, MPs qualities, loyalties to PAP incumbents, $$$ given out etc How about threats by PAP such as your estate would turn into a slum, withdrawal of essential services etc.

Last edited:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo Kojak...wah nice gif...hahahhaha...machiam Guns N Roses...but this is Kojak and Roses...heheheh....ya we muct whack this sdp clowns when they start to post like machiam their views is what every chingaporean should believe in....

of course must whack them lah. They talk shit all the time. If they are really good, their votes in the last election will at least be in the 30% liao rather than at the bottom 20%.

I agree with you too that LKY was the right man for his generation...you gotta respect a winner......how to disagree when you see your country transform economically for the better from the 70"s to present....

All it takes is for Chee and gang to go talk to their own grand mother or even mother generation. I tell u, most of the older generation got nothing but praise for LKY. It's even hard for me to argue with my own grandma about LKY when she kept talking about last time, was like that like that, now u guys very lucky lah, thx to LKY blah blah blah. Out of respect, I just shut my mouth.

Yes, LKY was the right man for the job in those turbulent 60s and 70s or even 80s. But you need a different breed for the 21st century.

how to disagree when you visit KTVs all over the region and you have Viet, Thai, Cheena, Mudlaysian gals all exclaiming how lucky you are to be a chingaporean....hehehehe.....

And I tell u bro, they all hope to marry Singaporeans and come here! If their own home cuntry so good, why want to leave, right? So, if u want to hook KTV girls (but must say dangerous move, got to watch your wallet), just tell them that you are "seriously" looking for a wife right now and looking for ___ (fill in the blank depending on which cuntry mei mei u met). Who knows, they might give u special without charging u. I know one of my kaki (he is a bastard lah) always use this trick to hook KTV gals for free "F" and then dump them when he has enuf liao.... HAHAHAH!

....and their ah neh/ang mo talent policy is wayyy to liberal....

Let PAP continue to dig their own grave by letting even more FTs in. The more FTs they let in, the more votes they are going to lose in 2011 GE, mark my word.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chin

I detect a visceral dislike bordering on hate of the PAP on the part of the SDP as a party and in terms of its supporters. That opinion is to subject to change depending on what the SDP does on the ground and in that I am pleasantly surprised by the persistence of the Tak Boleh Tahan Campagin in TP. If it persists and they do continue all the way to the next GE I will applaud them for standing against WKS.

There will always be shades of grey, but then for everyone there will also be convictions or black and white fundamentals which are hard to change and if there are disagreements on these issues we would just have to disagree "nicely."

locke

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chin

I detect a visceral dislike bordering on hate of the PAP on the part of the SDP as a party and in terms of its supporters. That opinion is to subject to change depending on what the SDP does on the ground and in that I am pleasantly surprised by the persistence of the Tak Boleh Tahan Campagin in TP. If it persists and they do continue all the way to the next GE I will applaud them for standing against WKS.

There will always be shades of grey, but then for everyone there will also be convictions or black and white fundamentals which are hard to change and if there are disagreements on these issues we would just have to disagree "nicely."

locke

The PAP govt has consistently misused the laws to persecute, harass, intimidate its political opponents, particularly those who are more outspoken and critical, and does not even try to hide its contempt and hatred for oppositions.

All these PAP tactics have caused WP Chairman to speak with extreme restraint and caution in Parliament for fear of igniting the wrath of none other than LKY, who takes great pleasure in disparaging all in the oppositions.

The SDP and its supporters, on the other hand, is fearless and prepared to sacrifice economic gains for their beliefs in a freer and more open society. The civil disobedience campaign is one of their strategies in achieving their political objectives. In doing so, they will inevitably clash with the PAP government. This is a road not travelled before by any other political parties.

If there is any hatred, it is that of the PAP against all other political parties as PAP brooks no rivals, not even two oppositions in the current parliament. There is not a shred of hatred of SDP against PAP.

The clash between SDP and PAP is a clash of political beliefs.