• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Almost Time To Receive CPF Interest For 2021! How Much Left In Oppies CPF?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For 65 years and above:
Median balance is <$100k
75 pct of the balances is <$300k

Are we better off than the Americans?
69% of americans have no savings accounts, $0 in their accounts if they have, and less than $1000 if they save.
CC3D40CF-5578-471B-A1E5-2CEAF2F0D670.jpeg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oppies like to compare PAP against other countries whenever they scold the PAP.

Jiuhu's EPF gives 6% returns vs CPF's 2.4% for OA.
Jiuhu's housing prices are 1/3 of Singapore
Batam's cost of living is so low compared to Singapore.
Australia is such a good place to migrate to blah blah blah

Funny that we don't see oppies complaining how high their salaries are compared to the average ASEAN worker in their own countries or how most ASEAN currencies have depreciated over the years compared to the Sing dollar.
How Dare You.jpg

:cool::cool:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
200k min sum set aside for old age. 100k in SA earn interest..300k in OA earn interest. 700k cash on hand to spend. Leetire by 55 no loan no car simple life :smile:
Oppies will tell you that this is a ponzi scheme. The young subsidizing the old.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oppies will tell you that this is a ponzi scheme. The young subsidizing the old.
On a fair view my uncle think that they are using the young to subsidize the old too so we can appreciate it onlee when we are 50 onwards :wink: however my uncle also think that MA % allowable usage should be leeadjusted according to age I.e when we are 65 onwards there shouldn't be held and allowed to use freelee else it leelee appear to be ponzi.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a fair view my uncle think that they are using the young to subsidize the old too so we can appreciate it onlee when we are 50 onwards :wink: however my uncle also think that MA % allowable usage should be leeadjusted according to age I.e when we are 65 onwards there shouldn't be held and allowed to use freelee else it leelee appear to be ponzi.
Capping MA usage leegardless of age to $700 per year for chronic disease programme cdmp is bullshit .How many times of $700 can sinkie use? :thumbsdown:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life is about comparing.

Compare who got the best PSLE grade
Compare who got the best schools
Compare who got the best degrees
Compare who got the best income
Compare who got the biggest HDB
Compare who lives in the best estate
Compare who got the highest position
Compare who got more money
Compare who got the most CPF

and finally....dead, before you understand what life is.

Look at LSS and TCH. They cannot save their wife with so much amount of wealth sitting around. Eventually it will still come back to bite them to the dust.

No matter how rich they are, their coffin size is the same

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the time these kind of comparison are meaningless. it depends on the issue being discussed and the various characteristics of the countries.

for your thread , i would ask : is the money still there ?
To add to your point. Having nominal numbers without having purchasing power is meaningless. Even if the money is still there, if you have 10x more but everything costs 20x more, you're on the losing end.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN the interest My uncle leeceived is more than my uncle's employee + employer contribution for the whole year wtf KNN with a soon par.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to countdown to another near 20k into pocket :biggrin:
Note that it will be into my uncle pocket soon becas my uncle already set aside the cpf min sum long ago :whistling: