• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is too honest sometimes and a simple man. :(
One time even gave me his cost price for something which i already know the price for, i made sure he didn't lose money in that deal.

i asked him how much to change a new alarm system for a lancer as remote having a problem .
he said depends wats the prob , so i told him again , just change the whole system . he told me RM400 plus .
I told him i thought range from RM200 plus ? only then he said have tat range .
Why didnt he tell me the cheapest range in the first place ?

And the wife is quite rude as her front parking lot was blocked by another car and she horned so i went to see , my car was parked at the workshop and didnt block her at all but i can reverse a bit more to let her head in the lot . she didnt even wave thanks at all and she left shortly as she juz unload some flowers.

Last edited:

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kana Accident how ar?

Would like to know what to do. Was driving to the market when this 14yo chap with no helmet rammed me head on with his bike to my car how? He told me not to report to the police and later tonite his mom and pop will come and see me to pay for the damages. Not sure Malayasia law how can anyone help please? Thanks

most likely his mom and pop wont appear.......u dont have a case since he dun have license nor any insurance. even if use lawyer its gonna be very hard and a waste of $. sorry to say this. had the same experience only diff is the mat that I met with accident with bang my rear end together with his pillion. gave me fictitious hp nos and ICs and empty promises. i seriously wanted to whack him as he was riding like a looney. he got cuts and bled all over since he and pillion landed on my rear windscreen and the glass shattered into pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
another u think, i thought, who confirm..
just tell him straight, i want the siong ho and siong piee (cheapest) ...!!!! titter.gif

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Would like to know what to do. Was driving to the market when this 14yo chap with no helmet rammed me head on with his bike to my car how? He told me not to report to the police and later tonite his mom and pop will come and see me to pay for the damages. Not sure Malaysia law how can anyone help please? Thanks
u got his details? ... if u dun haf, can b jialat 1, hor! ...

if dey dun contact u, u make sure u contact dem n settle it wifin 24hrs, hor! ...

if u wanna lodge repot, u muz do it wifin 24 hrs ... but dun xpek 2 get anyting from bikers ...

juz b careful dat dey dun go n repot u dat u bang in2 their bike ... n if dey did, n further u din make any repot wifin 24hrs, u can n up quite jialat 1, hor! ...

Last edited by a moderator:

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

My left head light n front windscreen totally smashed, the front cover bend inwards, the front left door very stiff when opening and closing got a small gap oh and the icon on the bornet of the car don't know fly where :(

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

u got his details? ... if u dun haf, can b jialat 1, hor! ...
if dey dun contact u, u make sure u contact dem n settle it wifin 24hrs, hor! ...
if u wanna lodge repot, u muz do it wifin 24 hrs ... but dun xpek 2 get anyting from bikers .
juz b careful dat dey dun go n repot u dat u bang in2 their bike ... n if dey did, n further u din make any repot wifin 24hrs, u can n up quite jialat 1, hor! ...

He no carry I/C but he gave me some address and a phone number and he took my address down and told me tonite after work his parents will come to see me.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about accident with a normal malaysia car and normal driver?
can claim from their insurance if it's their fault?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

You have nothing to claim against even if this is reported and just hope that his mother will pay you. Insurance claims are notoriously slow and then this is an illegal driver and worse a minor. Either way, how bad is the damage? You can go to the many m&d guard and painter shops in Bukit Indah area to get it assessed.

Funny, just got zapped and being accused of racist comment. I am not even sure where I went wrong as there wasn't any offense meant at all. As long as its a minor, you will never be able to get much compensation unless from his parents. Maybe someone misread my m&d guard reference as racists? m&d guard is the term old folks refer to do fixes to bumper, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i asked him how much to change a new alarm system for a lancer as remote having a problem .
he said depends wats the prob , so i told him again , just change the whole system . he told me RM400 plus .
I told him i thought range from RM200 plus ? only then he said have tat range .
Why didnt he tell me the cheapest range in the first place ?

And the wife is quite rude as her front parking lot was blocked by another car and she horned so i went to see , my car was parked at the workshop and didnt block her at all but i can reverse a bit more to let her head in the lot . she didnt even wave thanks at all and she left shortly as she juz unload some flowers.

So sorry to hear about your experience, no excuses for him in that case. My earlier experience was really different though and he kept recommending me cheaper stuff and don't need to change this, that etc. Apologies for recommending a lemon. :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
anyone can advice where to change or get in car touchscreen system?

Tebrau Jusco has this but i would get from HK, under the brand name EONON, reasonably good system and price about 700 plus RM.
Some models will have TV as well, i got a few sets and until now still working well. They also have the DVD system for the head rest
so your kids can watch movies at the back.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/D2216-Eo...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43af8d3ced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12108613951...ideo&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item1c314bdc7a&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Might be better to report just to protect yourself and for record purposes even if you do not want to claim.

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also patronise the auto shop that Wuqi mentioned. I changed my wife's car alarm battery at half the price I was quoted in SG. A friendly and patient guy served us; don't know if he is the boss though.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need coupon at most of the new taman like bukit indah, sutera utama. you need it at most of the old taman like tun ahminah, perling, johor jaya, molek, taman sentosa, pelangi....etc.

most probably is the contract sign between mpjb and saman contractor, so it doesn't cover new area.

I was at Skudai earlier this week to do some banking at the Public Bank there. I was summoned for parking without displaying a parking coupon; didn't know we needed a coupon to park there. The summon was Rm30. The thing is how do one tell when a coupon is needed or not? Unlike in SG, there is no number painted on the lot (puzzled).

Don't wish to be non-abiding in my host country.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funny, just got zapped and being accused of racist comment. I am not even sure where I went wrong as there wasn't any offense meant at all. As long as its a minor, you will never be able to get much compensation unless from his parents. Maybe someone misread my m&d guard reference as racists? m&d guard is the term old folks refer to do fixes to bumper, etc.

Haha Wuqi, poor fellow, I dont know whether to laugh or cry; I think u got zapped mistakenly la. I think whoever he is, he meant to zap Sickpuppy for using "mat" to describe the young rider. Don't need to explain yourself as we know you r not the sort :smile: I agree its not very nice for Sickpuppy to label ppl like that.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Haha Wuqi, poor fellow, I dont know whether to laugh or cry; I think u got zapped mistakenly la. I think whoever he is, he meant to zap Sickpuppy for using that word to describe the young rider. Don't need to explain yourself as we know you r not the sort :smile: I agree its not very nice for Sickpuppy to label ppl like that.

Sigh, you cannot please everyone. People will interpret any way they choose. Any how, i have changed all degrading racial references on this page. Again, there was strictly no ill intent meant and i guess i should have been more specific and even more sensitive.

Thanks for understanding me though, if they know my background, they will know i never will do that.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I was at Skudai earlier this week to do some banking at the Public Bank there. I was summoned for parking without displaying a parking coupon; didn't know we needed a coupon to park there. The summon was Rm30. The thing is how do one tell when a coupon is needed or not? Unlike in SG, there is no number painted on the lot (puzzled).

Don't wish to be non-abiding in my host country.

Sorry to hear about that, there is normally a blue sign somewhere that they will show that you need coupon. If you got to MBJB to pay, its normally 50% off.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks for the tip Wuqi; almost wanted to pay at the post office. Anyway, I deserved getting the summon.....I think haha