• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any gd recommendations for solar films in skudai area?

I think it has plenty in JB. For my camry, I installed it late last year in Brother near Taman Univeristi. Total cost RM 500. Condition still good till today as my car is under sunlight everyday. The film is USA made, warranty 7 years. it took half a day to complete. At custom, just be careful not to wind down windows else film may damage. just on lights and open doors.

I have a friend doing freelance installation, it's cheaper but I don't recommend unless your garage is in air condition:biggrin:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it has plenty in JB. For my camry, I installed it late last year in Brother near Taman Univeristi. Total cost RM 500. Condition still good till today as my car is under sunlight everyday. The film is USA made, warranty 7 years. it took half a day to complete. At custom, just be careful not to wind down windows else film may damage. just on lights and open doors./QUOTE]

seem the quality notvery good. easily damage.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess what Stevewish meant after installation avoid winding down at customs..

I think it has plenty in JB. For my camry, I installed it late last year in Brother near Taman Univeristi. Total cost RM 500. Condition still good till today as my car is under sunlight everyday. The film is USA made, warranty 7 years. it took half a day to complete. At custom, just be careful not to wind down windows else film may damage. just on lights and open doors./QUOTE]

seem the quality notvery good. easily damage.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Life in JB without a car..

Is Kapitan Mart in City Sq basement a supermarket or something like 7-11?

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think the choice is very limited. only dry stuff, no fresh produce.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is Kapitan Mart in City Sq basement a supermarket or something like 7-11?

I think until more residentials get completed in the city over the next few years, we're unlikely to have good supermarkets with fresh produce sprouting in the city like they are in S'pore's City area.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I must say that I am biased when it comes to mechanic, really found a good one in this place, Overseas Tyre, aka yellow signboard Michellin run by ah ming aka Satu Malaysia :smile:

I have went to many before i finally found this gem.

Dear all, try to go only when ah meng is around, one of his assistants tried to overcharge me and another time, he told me my motor oil was dirty even though just one month prior he was the same guy who changed it and put the sticker there. Didn't tell ah meng this but I started to double check on the pricing after that. Ah meng thought I didn't trust him but it was actually his assistant that I knew was into over charging.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i find it quite good size for a 1.5MPV, compared to 1.6A APV.
Any car dealer to intro?
Been to Tasek plaza and saw the car show but salesman wasn't so good.
Good consumption from what i understand, it is a little small though but pretty zippy for its class.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah i find it quite good size for a 1.5MPV, compared to 1.6A APV.
Any car dealer to intro?
Been to Tasek plaza and saw the car show but salesman wasn't so good.

Check in with Allan from Perodua, +6012 762 7625.
Tell him the guy who recommended you doesn't want any commissions and you can use the 300 commission as discount for your car.
Happy driving. :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Anyone has lobang for basic car alarms in jb ? need to change the current one as its having problem.
Its for Mit Lancer , was quoted $160 in sg.

Thanks

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
tsk tsk tsk , i prefer someone has done before la , dun jus anyhow give me numbers , wat if over phone is 1 price then actucal doing is another price

姐..姐.. u think so many ppl like u owned Mit Lancer sport car.Zoom..Zoom.. mei.. titter.gif

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all

Anyone has lobang for basic car alarms in jb ? need to change the current one as its having problem.
Its for Mit Lancer , was quoted $160 in sg.

Thanks

Confirm one can get half the price here depending on brand, there are SERIOUSLY lots here but one that i use regularly is First One Car accessories(blue signboard). I don't have his number but the boss name is Ah Wen and his shop is right besides a florist owned by his wife. Jalan Indah 10/1, Taman Bukit Indah. Pretty honest chap and can bargain. Pretty good skills with tinted windows film (he only has cheaper to mid range types though), has nice led lights and car carpets as well if one is so inclined.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
姐..姐.. u think so many ppl like u owned Mit Lancer sport car.Zoom..Zoom.. mei.. View attachment 9700

Those are for the rich, me i am just glad i have 4 wheels, besides i never like or support Japanese cars and will never own the brand that made Zeke planes which strafed and bombed my people.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirm one can get half the price here depending on brand, there are SERIOUSLY lots here but one that i use regularly is First One Car accessories(blue signboard). I don't have his number but the boss name is Ah Wen and his shop is right besides a florist owned by his wife. Jalan Indah 10/1, Taman Bukit Indah. Pretty honest chap and can bargain. Pretty good skills with tinted windows film (he only has cheaper to mid range types though), has nice led lights and car carpets as well if one is so inclined.

thanks wuqi , but near to any famous shop ? i dun recognize street number , thanks