• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Alert : Local PRC spotters involved in Money Transfer Fraud Scams

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its started with Peidu Mamas in the 90s who preyed on elderly and retirees for their CPF. Openly done at neighbourhood coffeeshop. At that time we wanted to open our education system and the price we paid was rather immense.

Sinkie uncles thought that education system was supposed to impart carnal knowledge

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually when you think about it does not make sense for so many of them to have sent money without the scammers having some convincing personal details.

I was wondering how can those calls make from outside of SG, can target and reach those old folks that can easily withdraw hundred of thousands, to remit oversea. It has to be an inside SG job with scouts searching out these old folks to prey on. And with these scouts befriended the old folks whom trust been created and egging them to do the remittances without telling their family members, it makes sense how the scams actually been so successful.

Given the employment rates and lowly paid sinkies, it seems like a very high hit rate for these oversea scammers of without in-country scouts.

Guess the poodles are still snugly asleep in their cocoons which getting a pay rise to figure out this scams.

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm here because I disagree that your fav Mr LKY had done a great job with upping the country's Chinese, by introducing PRCs and Peidu mums with their kids here. Just look at the percentage of Singlish used on daily basis compares with good British English, and that tells us two wrong doesn't make one right. now we speaks Singlish and writes Chinepore. All rojak.

Sister what are you doing here??? :*: This forum is a very dangerous place for the uninitiated!!!! :eek: not mention the fact that there are those here who will end up messing with your chichis.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm here because I disagree that your fav Mr LKY had done a great job with upping the country's Chinese, by introducing PRCs and Peidu mums with their kids here. Just look at the percentage of Singlish used on daily basis compares with good British English, and that tells us two wrong doesn't make one right. now we speaks Singlish and writes Chinepore. All rojak.

Can you arrange a Peidu mummy to take of my needs if you know what I mean. I'll reward you for your efforts.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Stop flirting with me. I carry a baseball bat.

.sexy+baseball+bat+holding+up+butt.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Point taken but that is your own damned selfish viewpoint. You have to consider society as a whole. Singapore does not revolve around morons like you.

It is morons like me, who helped bring this city into what it is today, a place of polluted rivers, swamps, villages, urban areas infested with opium dens, thugs & squalor....whom, we worked long & hard, with LKY & his people; which we may never or ever agreed wholeheartedly what he does..but nonetheless, worked long & hard with him....to build this city. Now the paradise of the 3rd world people...

It is moron's like me..who want my money back, all when I retire...I can trust LKY with my money...though reluctantly, but I do not trust his son & the people he brought along to run this place..

I want my money, all in total back...51 years is a long time....:rolleyes:

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government only withholds the mimimum sum. The sensible ones will still be able to draw most their cash. All they have to do is leave behind a small amount as an insurance against unforeseeable events.
Most do no meet the minimum sum. the sensible ones will be able to draw SOME, not most, of their cash. Those who draw MOST of their cash are in the minority like yourself. the withholding of CPF is a moral issue - my money is being withheld from me legally by the state for the greater good of society - so we are led to believe without any empirical studies or data. just anecdotal evidence of the occasional dirty old man blowing his load in batam or what not. are we a country run by a government that bases its decisions on anecdotal evidence?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Most do no meet the minimum sum. the sensible ones will be able to draw SOME, not most, of their cash. Those who draw MOST of their cash are in the minority like yourself. the withholding of CPF is a moral issue - my money is being withheld from me legally by the state for the greater good of society - so we are led to believe without any empirical studies or data. just anecdotal evidence of the occasional dirty old man blowing his load in batam or what not. are we a country run by a government that bases its decisions on anecdotal evidence?

If a Singaporean cannot accumulate way more than the minimum sum in his/her CPF account after a lifetime of work it is a glaring indication that he/she is incapable or earning and managing money.

These are exactly the sort of people that the government needs to protect with the minimum sum scheme.

People who have accumulated $500,000 or more are the ones who far more likely to be able to manage the funds and they are the ones who should be allowed to withdraw everything.

Take my case for example. I accumulated more than $900,000 in the course of my working life and I am perfectly capable of managing the whole sum on my own. I don't need the government to manage a meagre $155,000 on my behalf.

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Majority are this--->
It is morons like me, we worked long & hard, with LKY & his people; I can trust LKY with my money...though reluctantly, but I do not trust his son & the people he brought along to run this place..51 years is a long time....:rolleyes:
Who are taught to trust Mr LKY with money & time & talents, one whole lifetime, all 51 good & healthy years. But Mr LKY forgot to make it obvious that he trusted his sons with his life. Mr LKY taught you to trust him with your kids' time & talent & money too, didn't he? Which resulted in most do not meet the minimium sum. Too much faith. Probably due to family spirit every 9th of Aug, praising how beautiful those fireworks were. Afterall, how often do families have the luxury to discuss economy or politics at home? With everyone at home at the same time, and nothing else to do.

When an elephant was tied to a pole at young age, they were broken and bended for life. Won't be easy for Singaporean to utilise their potentials when they were taught to stay in the line since kindergarden.
If a Singaporean cannot accumulate way more than the minimum sum in his/her CPF account after a lifetime of work it is a glaring indication that he/she is incapable or earning and managing money.
These are exactly the sort of people that the government needs to protect with the minimum scheme.
People who have accumulated $500,000 or more are the ones who far more likely to be able to manage the funds and they are the ones who should be allowed to withdraw everything.
Take my case for example. I accumulated more than $900,000 in the course of my working life and I am perfectly capable of managing the whole sum on my own. I don't need the government to manage a meagre $155,000 on my behalf.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When an elephant was tied to a pole at young age, they were broken and bended for life. Won't be easy for Singaporean to utilise their potentials when they were taught to stay in the line since kindergarden.

I'm a sinkie and I have never stayed in line even though I went to PAP kindergarten. :biggrin:

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just change this to say Indonesians or any otter nationality doing it and Chinese dog Scroobal wouldn't make any noise out of it. To con someone you need 2 willing parties, the mark has to agree to give up his money to the other party. It's not like he was robbed and also anyone can con someone else. Sinkies con one another and other nationalities.

Here is what Scroobal and like minded peeps will say: non Chinese like shit skins con sinkies: wow they so smart and sinkies so stupid!!

China ppl con sinkies: wah govt need to do something!!!

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

These are exactly the sort of people that the government needs to protect with the minimum sum scheme.

This could go on all day until hard data is made available. Singaporeans have a huge portion of their cpf monies tied up in housing hence their inability to accumulate more than the minimum sum. It's of little help when cpf interests on the ordinary account are pitiful. What's the use of compounding 2+% interest?

It is immoral of the government to impose the minimum sum AND set such paltry returns in keeping my money against my will.