• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AFF Suzuki Cup

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's the scenario:

Singapore and Vietnam will draw. The other match will see an upset with Myanmar edging out Phillipines 1-0. Singapore and Vietnam through.

On the other side, Thailand will beat Indonesia who are safely through and so Thailand and Indonesia go thru.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here's the scenario:

Singapore and Vietnam will draw. The other match will see an upset with Myanmar edging out Phillipines 1-0. Singapore and Vietnam through.

On the other side, Thailand will beat Indonesia who are safely through and so Thailand and Indonesia go thru.

Then thailand kick sinkies out and win the cup.. Yeah Thailand...

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My semifinal prediction:

Singapore vs Indonesia

Malaysia vs Phillipines

Laos still got chance leh. I think Laos will upset Malaysia. Indon and Thailand draw

Pinoy and Myanmar, Vietnam and SG draw

Semi-finals
SG vs Indon

Pinoy vs Laos

Finals
SG vs Laos

LOL!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laos still got chance leh. I think Laos will upset Malaysia. Indon and Thailand draw

Pinoy and Myanmar, Vietnam and SG draw

Semi-finals
SG vs Indon

Pinoy vs Laos

Finals
SG vs Laos

LOL!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You are so optimistic :biggrin: ...hope SG win the trophy and USD 100,000 cash.

This is AFF soccer tournament is revenue generating unlike those SEA, Commonwealth, Asian & Olympic Games. The multi-million dollars reward payout from the medals winning sport people is coming from our own pockets.

Our Lions did well winning 1998, 2004/05 & 2006/07 AFF Tiger Cup tournament.

I think the prize money then...

1998 winner - USD 80,000

2004/05 winner - USD 100,000

2006/07 winner - USD 100,000

As compared to Games, we over-pay our sport personalities. We even pay for a piece of worthless silver medal and bronze medal too :mad:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our Lions did well winning 1998, 2004/05 & 2006/07 AFF Tiger Cup tournament.

I still remember how we won the first one. 1 - 0 win vs Vietnam in Vietnam. Subramani's shoulder goal :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

04/05 basically just thrashed Indon upside down

06/07 was enough better then the Vietnam win back in 98. Really win by luck Thailand run circles around us. Like watching S-league team play J-league team. We still managed to win somehow. lol!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remember how we won the first one. 1 - 0 win vs Vietnam in Vietnam. Subramani's shoulder goal :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

06/07 was enough better then the Vietnam win back in 98. Really win by luck Thailand run circles around us. Like watching S-league team play J-league team. We still managed to win somehow. lol!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ya... sometimes we should not under-estimate such soccer tournament.

We should take whatever is available for us :biggrin:

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did we have Fandi then? Kinda forgot.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did we have Fandi then? Kinda forgot.

Can't really remember but I don't think he was around. That time is Ahmad Latiff era liao. Even Rafi Ali consider old guy although I think Nazri was still around. Those were the post M-league years where the S-league was already formed.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Super kelong cup...hahaha! Toyota cup? Kirin cup? How abt Wacoal cup? Entertaining for the evening though but there's no significance in it, might be just go for the FIFA world rating that's all! Let's hope the Lions win it...

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Super kelong cup...hahaha! Toyota cup? Kirin cup? How abt Wacoal cup? Entertaining for the evening though but there's no significance in it, might be just go for the FIFA world rating that's all! Let's hope the Lions win it...

Lions must climb the FIFA world ranking via Suzuki Cup.

Forget about Suzuki Cup...juz focus on winning the World Cup :biggrin:

Lions cannot qualify for Asian Cup ..wan to talk about World Cup :rolleyes:

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our standards are only such. Up to Asean level. Don't expect more than that. We will never reach the heights of Asian Cup competing with nations like Saudi, Korea, Japan.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One step at a time. 15 years ago we can't even win the freaking SEA Games Football gold. Now we are 3 times champ of Asean, on par with Thailand. We almost qualify for the Asian Cup and we even beat Iran and drew with Australia. If we look at it that way, we're actually improving, it's a slow process, others are trying to improve as well but I think we're going the right direction

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One step at a time. 15 years ago we can't even win the freaking SEA Games Football gold. Now we are 3 times champ of Asean, on par with Thailand. We almost qualify for the Asian Cup and we even beat Iran and drew with Australia. If we look at it that way, we're actually improving, it's a slow process, others are trying to improve as well but I think we're going the right direction

improve with a bunch of FTs.. yeah right.

Thailand teams consist real native Thais.. that should be something to be proud of.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the merlions can really beat the neighbors without deploying any FT on the entire squad, there's reason to celebrate. otherwise, it's just exhibition soccer.