• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed - Any other music players to recommend?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
iriver still around ?

a friend let me compare his iriver to ipod and the iriver sounded far more natural and musical................

Still around but bery low profile leow...noting much interesting product to offer...yes they use to be good n strong @ early 2000...dunno wat happen...suddenly slow to a halt...Iaudio aka Cowon took over after...moi last portable cd player n first mp3 player are Iriver...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Iriver...toking bout de devil...jus when everybody tot dey r dead...welcum back Iriver...:biggrin::biggrin:

Iriver AK-100...32gb on board with 2 x SDHC slot...total 160GB...:biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630288/the-new-iriver-ak100-a-high-end-dap

me_member

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never get the creative XFi3 too...
I spent close to $300 on the 32gb version and i was very disappointed...
Startup is super slow... about more than 30 secs... and switching between songs is laggy too...
And their "solution" to reduce the lag is to create multiple folders to put the songs into...

Out of all the mp3 players i had... this is really the worst... wonder why Creative churns out such lousy players that further tarnishes their already waning reputation...

creative-zen-x-fi3.jpg

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never get the creative XFi3 too...

Never get Creative...many yrs ago i bought 1...few days later...i put it in office drawer...lock n go for lunch...come bk...the batt compartment pop open for no reason (plastic latch broke)...gonna bring it bk to svcs ctr but i oredi smell trouble...true enuff they insist i drop the player...attitude of customer svs n technician r worst then SLS Ah Beng...until i tell tat burger no nid to shout...my player spoil got to take haf day come down i shd b the 1 shouting not him...tell me no 1 to 1 exchange n mus repair...

Call me the nxt day say cnot repair so ask to go down n collect new 1...they can replace on the spot but intentionally make me come bk again the nxt day...No More Creative...FOREVER. :smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had 3 Creative MP3 players back then.. Bought my 1st one in 2005.. Lasted me only 10 months.. Then had another one in 2006.. Lasted me a good 2 years.. Replaced it with Creative MP4.. That damn thing only lasted for 11 months..

Decided in 2010 to get a Sony and it's still goin strong up till now..

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you think Itune is bad...wait till you use Sony...unfriendly and sluggish interface...

Actually i hav no problem ripping songs/Rename/Add Album Arts in MP3 format frm Itune.

For non Apple player, if your player appear as a drive in explorer...all you got to do is copy and paste the file or folder from My Music\Itune\Media\Music\* onto the player...

It work for my Sony X1060B and Samsung Galaxy S3...

Last edited:

me_member

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kinda disappointing in the limited range of mp3 players that are offered here...

The SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip is a reasonably priced player and looks rather decent... Big + point is the expandable memory slot...
But sad thing is... dont think it's available anywhere near...

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2012...mp3-players-that-mean-the-beat-wont-stop?lite

Also was looking for something small and not some mobile phone sized player...

My previous 3-4 creative players were ok... but the XFi3 was a MAJOR disappointment...
Got fooled by the size, bluetooth capabilities, expandable memory and the inbuilt speaker...
Whats the use of a mp3 player when it's super laggy...

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you think Itune is bad...wait till you use Sony...unfriendly and sluggish interface...

Ok ok... I guess my problem boils down to stupid iTunes

I've found a couple of open source iTunes alternatives but I dare not take the risk with open source freeware :(

me_member

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok ok... I guess my problem boils down to stupid iTunes

Yeah i hate iTunes too... i'd prefer a generic USB connected device with drag and drop capabilities...

Apart from getting your main mobile phone as an mp3 player, how about getting another small phone which can support at least a 32gb micro sd card? Battery life should be decent too...

As i saw the Sony mp3 players... running on Android 2.3... size and price just like a phone just without the calling capabilities :smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do they have a PC interface app? It is user friendly?

Actually i hav no problem ripping songs/Rename/Add Album Arts in MP3 format frm Itune.

For non Apple player, if your player appear as a drive in explorer...all you got to do is copy and paste the file or folder from My Music\Itune\Media\Music\* onto the player...

It work for my Sony X1060B and Samsung Galaxy S3...

RT, Bro Microsoft is right about Sony.. Bit user unfriendly.. The interface not that convincing enough.. I will just stick to my Sony for the time being.. But I'm leaning towards getting an IRiver if my Sony conks out in the future..

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip is a reasonably priced player and looks rather decent... Big + point is the expandable memory slot...
But sad thing is... dont think it's available anywhere near...

If u dun wanna buy oversea...try dis...seller reliable onot...dunno...

Amazon is selling it at USD54...add in freight...think oni slightly cheaper then getting local...

Zip can rockbox?

http://forums.vr-zone.com/handphone...andisk-sansa-clip-zip-4gb-8gb-mp3-player.html

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still around but bery low profile leow...noting much interesting product to offer...yes they use to be good n strong @ early 2000...dunno wat happen...suddenly slow to a halt...Iaudio aka Cowon took over after...moi last portable cd player n first mp3 player are Iriver...

I just got a brand new zune 30gb, but am unable to get the software to work properly. You can try using it first and if it works, I will sell it to you for $150. PM me pls. If unable to PM, discuss in this thread thanks.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes thanks.. I absolutely HATE apple itunes for being such a petty minded application.

Those songs ARE MINE!! I paid for them so I should be able to fucking make as many copies as I want!!! :mad:

That is what happen when you use Apple.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes thanks.. I absolutely HATE apple itunes for being such a petty minded application.

Those songs ARE MINE!! I paid for them so I should be able to fucking make as many copies as I want!!! :mad:

actually, its like buying a book. u own the book, but you're technically not allowed to photocopy the entire book. welcome to the world of the illuminati. you don't really own the shit that you think you own.

its been happening since the Berne convention in 1886.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now got 1 very audiophile brand of mp3 player leh.............Hifiman...........got make headamps and hi-end headphones also leh

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I just got a brand new zune 30gb, but am unable to get the software to work properly. You can try using it first and if it works, I will sell it to you for $150. PM me pls. If unable to PM, discuss in this thread thanks.

I had never hands on a June and neither do i noe anyone with one. Was quite interested initialy during the launch buy decided not to get one mainly becoz of warranty issue...Perhaps you can post ur problems here so other who had the ans can help...Izit a/c problems? Tats a sticky 1...oso 1 of de main reasons why i decided against getting one.

Thanks for the offer...moi had a few more players beside Ipod Classic...dey r quite underutilised...dun think moi nid anymore for the time being...:smile:

now got 1 very audiophile brand of mp3 player leh.............Hifiman...........got make headamps and hi-end headphones also leh

Was looking at the HM-801 last yr...cost think close to USD800...get frm Jaben lagi worst...sure kena kutok jilat jilat...the real deal breaker ish...it only has 2Gb on board...

Psst...Hifiman founded by ah tiong and make in ah tiong land...u sure u wanna consider...:biggrin::biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My iPod is almost 6 years old and I shudder to think the day might come when it stops working.

I really liked the portability of the iPod but I hate iTunes. I have thousands of songs in it which were uploaded from several machines over the years. If the storage conks out I'll lose all my precious songs :eek: It'll take me months to import songs from my CD collection. And of course I'll lose those songs which I obtained from non-CD sources.

I'm intending to do a "great migration" of songs from iPod to an external storage as back up .. and probably upgrade my iPod to another player.

How are the other offerings from Sony or Samsung? Or even Creative :eek:? Anyone using non-Apple music players and recommend them?

Please share. Thanks!

Bro wat version your iPod ? If it's a 5.5G you can get some locals to do a iMod to unleash the iPod's Wolfson DAC's full potential. I did that and coupled with an external Graham Slee amp, brings new lease of life back to the ancient Apple relic.

iTunes isn't all that bad if you can work around the quirkiness :smile:

melvinrig.jpg

Last edited: